Heart Rate Monitor

Hi,

I'm looking to invest in a HRM and would like some advice in finding one which suits me. I track my runs using 'Runkeeper' on an iphone 4 so having one which syncs with this would be ideal.

If i sync the HRM with my phone do i need one with GPS?

My research has so far led me to the Polar range but there are so many. Are these good value for money? I would be looking to spend no more than £100.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers!

Joe

Comments

• stutyrstutyr ✭✭✭

If you want the cheapest solution, then you want to get a HR Belt that will work with your iPhone.  This means it will need to be bluetooth, and Polar make the H7 bluetooth belt for about £50.

A dedicated GPS watch with HR belt is a popular option, such as the Garmin Forerunner range.  You should be able to get a forerunner 110 with HR belt for £115 from amazon (maybe cheaper else where).  The HR belt with the Garmin uses the ANT+ technology to connect to the garmin watch, so this belt won't connect to your iPhone.

With the garmin, you can download the data from the watch onto your computer, and then synch this with web-based training programs.

• Thanks, thats really helpful!

Do Garmin having training programs to use with the watch in the same way Polar do? Is it good software for training?

• I don't know what Polar do but Garmin have training programmes both on their Connect site and here on RW