Great lines from films

Comments

• BarklesBarkles ✭✭✭

They're not gonna catch us. We're on a mission from God!image

• JimineyJiminey ✭✭✭

Help! We've gone on holiday by mistake!

(Or pretty much anything from that film.)

• SideBurnSideBurn ✭✭✭

A Bridge Too Far.... Ahhhhh! Great film....

Lt. General Horrocks; "Gentlemen, this is a story that you shall tell your grandchildren, and mightily bored they'll be".

Not just a great line, what he actually said in 1944!

And;

Field Marshal Model; "What can you see?"

General Ludwig; "Nothing. But they're going to try a river assault"

Field Marshal Model;  "It will fail"

General Ludwig; "Of course. But what do we do if it doesn't?"

And best of all...

Major General Urquhart; "Hancock. I've got lunatics laughing at me from the woods. My original plan has been scuppered now that the jeeps haven't arrived. My communications are completely broken down. Do you really believe any of that can be helped by a cup of tea?"

Corporal Hancock; "Couldn't hurt, sir"

• djwolfdjwolf ✭✭✭

Erroll: Well, he don't like Colin. I mean, queers get right up his hooter, you know?

Harold: After what happened this morning, you'd have to find his hooter to get up it.

Erroll: Is something up with him, then?

Harold: Well, let's put it this way. Apart from his asshole being about fifty yards away from his brains, and the choirboys playing "'unt the thimble" with the rest of him, he ain't too happy.

• djwolfdjwolf ✭✭✭

Jack Carter: [naked, pointing a shotgun] Out!

Con McCarty: Come on Jack, put it away. You know you're not going to use it.

Peter: The gun he means!

• SideBurnSideBurn ✭✭✭

I am on a roll now..... the iconic Dirty Harry...

Harry has to explain himself..... again.....

Harry; "Well, when an adult male is chasing a female with intent to commit rape, I shoot the bastard. That's my policy".

Mayor; "Intent? How did you establish that?"

Harry; "When a naked man is chasing a woman through an alley with a butcher's knife and a hard-on, I figure he isn't out collecting for the Red Cross!"

Mayor; "He's got a point!"

• BarklesBarkles ✭✭✭

To infinity... and beyond!

• djwolfdjwolf ✭✭✭

Shane! Come back!

• BookyBooky ✭✭✭

Diplomatic immunity!

It's just been revoked.

• BarklesBarkles ✭✭✭

Gordons' Alive!

• "mmmmfffff ... mmmfff ... sluuuuuurrpppp .... mmmmfff ... mmmmmff "

*Debbie Does Dallas - 1978*

• BarklesBarkles ✭✭✭

That kinda sticks in the craw!

• " Why do they call her lassie?"

• "Squeal like a piggy!"

• BarklesBarkles ✭✭✭

Of all the bars, in all the world...

• Tom.Tom. ✭✭✭
    We want the finest wines available to humanity. And we want them here, and we want them now!
  • Tom.Tom. ✭✭✭
    You fell victim to one of the classic blunders, the most famous of which is, "Never get involved in a land war in Asia." But only slightly less well known is this, "Never go in against a Sicilian, when death is on the line." [Laughs and dies.]
  • Tom.Tom. ✭✭✭
    Every great magic trick consists of three parts or acts. The first part is called "The Pledge". The magician shows you something ordinary: a deck of cards, a bird or a man. He shows you this object. Perhaps he asks you to inspect it to see if it is indeed real, unaltered, normal. But of course... it probably isn't. The second act is called "The Turn". The magician takes the ordinary something and makes it do something extraordinary. Now you're looking for the secret... but you won't find it, because of course you're not really looking. You don't really want to know. You want to be fooled. But you wouldn't clap yet. Because making something disappear isn't enough; you have to bring it back. That's why every magic trick has a third act, the hardest part, the part we call "The Prestige".
  • Tom.Tom. ✭✭✭
    "The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist"
  • Tom.Tom. ✭✭✭
    And the Lord spake, saying, 'First shalt thou take out the Holy Pin. Then, shalt thou count to three, no more, no less. Three shalt be the number thou shalt count, and the number of the counting shall be three. Four shalt thou not count, nor either count thou two, excepting that thou then proceed to three. Five is right out. Once the number three, being the third number, be reached, then lobbest thou thy Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch towards thy foe, who, being naughty in my sight, shall snuff it.'

and....

Dennis: You can't expect to wield supreme executive power just 'cause some watery tart threw a sword at you!

King Arthur: Shut up!

Dennis: I mean, if I went around saying I was an Emperor because some moistened bint had lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away!

and especially...

I don't wanna talk to you no more you empty-headed animal food-trough wiper! I fart in your general direction! Your mother was a hamster and your father smelt of elderberries!
  • djwolfdjwolf ✭✭✭

I ain't no white trash piece of shit. I'm better than you all! I can out-learn you. I can out-read you. I can out-think you. And I can out-philosophize you. And I'm gonna outlast you. You think a couple whacks to my guts is gonna get me down? It's gonna take a hell of a lot more than that, Counselor, to prove you're better than me!

• Lieutenant Gonville Bromhead: Sixty! We dropped at least 60, wouldn't you say?

Adendorff: That leaves only 3,940.

• Tom.Tom. ✭✭✭
    Blisters...If it's a miracle, Colour Sergeant, it's a short chamber Boxer Henry point 45 caliber miracle.

I've seen this movie so many times...every sentence Colour Sergeant Bourne and Surgeon Major Reynolds is quotable and the Richard Burton voice-over at the end makes my spine tingle

But best of all, I think is:

Soldier (later to become a dead paper hanger): Why is it us? Why us?

Colour Sergeant Bourne: Because we're here, lad. There's nobody else. Just us.
  • SideBurnSideBurn ✭✭✭

"Mick, give him your wallet!"

Mick; "What for?"

"He's got a knife!"

Mick; "That's not a knife..... THAT's a knife!"

Mugger; "Shit!"

Mick; "Just kids having fun!"

• Tom.Tom. ✭✭✭
    "If you build it he will come"......as opposed to the Wayne's World version "If you build it they will come"

Ps Thanks to everyone for some terrific film quotes....a brilliant thread!
  • M..o.useM..o.use ✭✭✭

We're going to need significantly bigger buns. 

• SideBurnSideBurn ✭✭✭

Colonel; "You can either surf...... or you can fight!"

Captain; "Are you crazy, Goddammit? Don't you think its a little risky for some R&R?"

Colonel; "If I say its safe to surf this beach, Captain, then its safe to surf this beach!"  

Colonel; "Smell that? You smell that?.....Napalm, son. Nothing else in the world smells like that!"

"I love the smell of napalm in the morning......Smelled like......Victory...... Someday this war's gonna end!"

• Vinny: Lisa, I don't need this. I swear to God, I do not need this right now, okay? I've got a judge that's just aching to throw me in jail. An idiot who wants to fight me for two hundred dollars. Slaughtered pigs. Giant loud whistles. I ain't slept in five days. I got no money, a dress code problem, AND a little murder case which, in the balance, holds the lives of two innocent kids. Not to mention your  [taps his foot] BIOLOGICAL CLOCK - my career, your life, our marriage, and let me see, what else can we pile on? Is there any more SHIT we can pile on to the top of the outcome of this case? Is it possible?

Lisa: Maybe it was a bad time to bring it up.

• Tom.Tom. ✭✭✭
    Soylent green is people