Outlaw 2014

Comments

• From the briefing PDF:

"The Team Event
    Only one person is required to register for the whole team, but will be required to either show ALL of the 2014 BTF Race Licences or pay for the relevant amount of day licences."

They do enforce this.

• Cake wrote (see)

image On the tummy bug but does mean I get to give you a snog at the feed station. image

Do you regularly snog poeple with tummy bugs?

• flyaway wrote (see)

From the briefing PDF:

"The Team Event
    Only one person is required to register for the whole team, but will be required to either show ALL of the 2014 BTF Race Licences or pay for the relevant amount of day licences."

They do enforce this.

Thanks flyaway, much appreciated.

• TheEngineer wrote (see)
    Cake wrote (see)

image On the tummy bug but does mean I get to give you a snog at the feed station. image

Do you regularly snog poeple with tummy bugs?

No only steve but if you want one as well can be sorted? You might get a bug or two.

• if you know what I had doubt you want stand near me never mind snogging me..lol

• TJ1004TJ1004 ✭✭✭

when someone with some list skills comes along can you add me to the list no 906 please.

nerves have kicked in - tri bike still in lbs as couldn't get a new hanger, fingers crossed it arrives tomorrow otherwise i'm on the winter roadie.

but given my swimming in last month might not make it onto the bike as shoulder niggle stopping all but little crawl bursts and breaststroke is the only other alternative as backstroke is frowned upon I hear. Wish i could swim like my daughter who is doing the big swim on saturdayimage

• mathschickmathschick ✭✭✭

oh Steve, sorry to hear that image

• flyaway wrote (see)

From the briefing PDF:

"The Team Event

They do enforce this.

Mrs SA will you be able to sort that out for me?  I can ping some money over to you

• Mrs SAMrs SA ✭✭✭

Ultra Kanga Kazzaaaah ... yep no problem.  Not sure how much the BTF licence is. It used to be £5.  Will sort it out.

• Thank you.  Looks like it's still £5 though it talks about admin fees too.  I'll drop them a line tomorrow to double check

• seren nos wrote (see)

there will be so many more supporting than doing the event............

sorry to hear Steve,,,,..see you at the feed station........

so who will win.Meldy or Meldys misfits

Oooooooooh ... fighting talk image

• I think we'll let Meldy win. The alternative is too scary. Although being turned into a frog might improve my swimming

• I am in full taper mode.which means no training.........lots of eating........and most importantly

Dyeing my hair......image.don't want all those grey hairs spoiling my photos........people might think I'm an old woman or somethingimage

• seren nos wrote (see)

I am in full taper mode.which means no training.........lots of eating........and most importantly

Dyeing my hair......image.don't want all those grey hairs spoiling my photos........people might think I'm an old woman or somethingimage

It's ok, there's no nudity allowed in transition.

• TheEngineer wrote (see)
    seren nos wrote (see)

I am in full taper mode.which means no training.........lots of eating........and most importantly

It's ok, there's no nudity allowed in transition.

I'll have you now I have no grey chest hair at all.......image

• Mrs SAMrs SA ✭✭✭

Re. the BTF licence ..... I presume I can pay when I register or does it have to be paid beforehand?  Did the relay last year too, but have a memory like a sieve image

• HappychapHappychap ✭✭✭

I think you just buy a day license when you register Mrs SA?

• M..o.useM..o.use ✭✭✭

When you register you take along the BTF licences for those athletes who have them and you pay a fiver for those athletes who don't.  They will give you paper licences for those ones.  Cash is fine.

• Mrs SAMrs SA ✭✭✭

So I can just turn up and pay £15 for us all then? 

• M..o.useM..o.use ✭✭✭

Yes.  If one of you does have a BTF licence and they e-mail you a photo of said licence I believe that is sufficient.  If none of you have licences, you pay £15.

The briefing notes also say you need some form of photographic ID to register.  I would suggest you get your team mates to mail you photos of their driving licences or passports, just in case, so that you have this covered too.

See here:

BTF Licences
    Please note that all athletes will be required to show some form of photographic identification - 2014 BTF Race Licence – or other,
    photocopies are fine.
    If you have applied for a BTF Day Licence when entering, this will be issued to you at registration. If you did not apply for a BTF Day Licence,
    then you will be required to show your 2014 British Triathlon Federation Race Licence (or overseas licence). If you are unable to do this, for
    any reason, then you will be required to purchase one for £5 before being allowed to register. There will be NO exceptions to this ruling. If
    you have a 2014 British Triathlon Federation Race Licence, please bring it with you.

and here:

The Team Event
    Only one person is required to register for the whole team, but will be required to either show ALL of the 2014 BTF Race Licences or pay
    for the relevant amount of day licences.

• M..o.useM..o.use ✭✭✭

It may be that you having photo ID will be sufficient for the entire team but I'm not sure.

• Mrs SAMrs SA ✭✭✭

Will take my passport along, just in case. Thanks M..o.use image

• I've aasked what ID you need as well as confirming cost of my licence
  • M..o.useM..o.use ✭✭✭

It's £5.  I've found that in the briefing notes for you.

• I saw something somewhere about it being ??5 "plus admin fee" but they've just replied to say it is just a fiver. Apparently you need photo ID for all the team. Have asked whether photocopies are ok otherwise I can't see how one person can register the whole team!
  • M..o.useM..o.use ✭✭✭

I think if you e-mail a scan or photo of your ID to Mrs SA and Pudge does the same, you'll be fine.  I've seen them do this before at events.

• Last year Pea and Colourin had to wait for me as we needed to all show ID.

• Photocopies are ok - as long as they're of photo ID.
  • love how they are asking for photo ID...but will accept it without the person being present.....so no person to match to the photo......

I know its only for the relay so not as important as if they were doing the whole thing./

• meant that the correct people in the team aren't as important as they accept transfers unlike the whole thing where they do not.........

didn't mean to imply that the relay teams aren't importantimage