Outlaw 2014

Comments

• M..o.use wrote (see)

Us not coping with banter or him? I can cope with banter (and being told off) I just thought it was an 'interesting' choice of place to moan at someone. 

image  him......

• M..o.useM..o.use ✭✭✭

Phew. I was confuddlified there for a moment. 

Though it doesn't take much. 

• Meldy - Leper Pirates indeed ! Lol ! Top racing !

What was MJ complaining about ? The non availability ? The design?
  • HappychapHappychap ✭✭✭

he mostly whined about being brutally mistreated. 

• image Had no one warned him about barley and walking the plank then?

• Cake wrote (see)

image Had no one warned him about barley and walking the plank then?

is that a euphemism?

• Happychap wrote (see)

he mostly whined about being brutally mistreated. 

He has made an effort to get involved on the fb page, just maybe needs to concentrate a bit more on making better links with people here first, then worrying about the kit second.

• GraemeKGraemeK ✭✭✭

Disapointed in a way I didn't wear my pirate top after seeing so many, but I didn't want to upset my son not wearing the top he got me

• Totally understand why you did Graeme but we did warn youimage

• Ultra Kanga Kazzaaaaah wrote (see)
    did anyone else get bitten to death lakeside on Sunday? Bloody things are still driving me bananas!

Yep... covered in bites.

lets be honest.... its all prep for an Ironman on my 100th birthday
  • M..o.useM..o.use ✭✭✭

Only two bites. Still have scars on legs from being bitten in Nice and, believe it or not, Bala. 

• GraemeKGraemeK ✭✭✭
    I know..... I said hello or nice to put a face to a name or something to you on the bike as I passed you on the way back from the Northern loop, Meldy. You passed me on the run on the embankment by the timing mat, possibly on the second loop, I'd given up by then I think. Hopefully I'll be back next year for revenge.
  • GraemeKGraemeK ✭✭✭
    No bites, although I've a huge bruise up the underside of my forearm I've no idea how I got, probably kicked in the swim. Surprised I didn't get the wild shites after that water, it stunk and tasted foul, it was like a swimming pool in comparison at Stanton Lake last night.
  • the water was way too warm to swim in comfortably.there was lots of weeds.......and I seemed to struggle to find feet to stick too.......so still stunned that I knocked 8 mins off last years time image

my 1 to 1 swimming session and actually training might actually have paid off

• I know.I made myself go swimming a few times a week..and for the first time ever I swam the distance in training.....infact swam the distance at least 6 times.......image

• Graeme I do remember someone passing and saying that! I was bemused but now I know!!

• Magna Carter wrote (see)
    Ultra Kanga Kazzaaaaah wrote (see)
    did anyone else get bitten to death lakeside on Sunday? Bloody things are still driving me bananas!

Yep... covered in bites.

Glad it's not just me!  Little bugger must have got in my shoe as it got my toes as well as my ankles image

• It's shame those who kept to MJs defence to order kit when he wanted and his 'right' to do what he wants (including that he doesn't need to engage on the forum if he doesn't want to) when the shit kicked off on FB a few months ago, weren't there to hold his bike and aren't the ones dealing with all the similar angst when trying to get certain characters to pay for their kit.

There was a lively debate at the time, I don't want to open the can of worms again but there is a side people don't see. It shouldn't be expected that we run around after people when they click their fingers. There are people who are difficult and downright rude.

There still isn't a consensus that kit should be ordered for the majority , for those who are involved and make an effort. Instead we should apparently bend over backwards doing add hoc orders, pretty much a free for all when from the feedback I've read and heard is that it's all worked pretty well up until now.

I'm just throwing this in now as I think it highlights why I think those putting in the effort to sort out kit deserve support to do it how they want if it satisfies the silent majority.
  • Blue Peter - It was me and Toucs you were chatting to.

Should say something about my race now I'm here.

Its very strange wait for a marathon to start at an unknown time but this was made easier by chatting to Digger and Ultra Kaz. I had nagged Raf a lot concerned that he wasn't going to put the effort in but as promised he made it round the bike in under 6hrs a nice addition to Nursey 1:24 swim. I suffered from greater ambition than training for this run, I only joined the team in May so I didn’t have a lot of run specific training but I hoped my general fitness would give me a chance at 3:30.

There’s a great atmosphere at the begin of the loop out on to the lake with lots of support but nothing compared to near the finishing chute with the pirate massive. Its a nice flat course but the uneven and cambered surfaces can make parts of it uncomfortable as well as being narrow and hard to overtake along the tow path. The first lap of the lake and out and back felt fine and 8:00 min miles were ok but by the end of the second out and back it was becoming obvious that the pace was unsustainable I walk a long way through a feed station at about 19miles and struggled to pick up the pace from that point forward. Each walk through a feed station got longer and  the pace between them lagged. By the last lap of the lake i had to walk some of the bits between the feed stations as well. Finally got to the finish chute and was grabbed by Raf and Nursey who dragged me at a pace unsuitable for a person in my condition over the line. I’m just glad Nursey forgot her spare Kilt. . A quick massage, a bit to eat and a shower and it was down to the finish chute for beer and shouting.

As so many have already said the support from other Pirate racing and in the crowd (and even those shunned and forced to sit by the lake) is amazing and it makes the day. I’m looking forward to Austria.

• Nice report Scuba. It was good to meet you and I enjoyed our chat on Sunday before we left for home.

See you again mate.
  • Good report Scuba. As my nervous pacing in the pen proved I'd have been a real basket case without yours and Digger's company!!
  • And you Pudge, I'm sure we will bump into each other some time.

Kaz - you seemed very calm.

Seren - Thanks for the breakfast Monday morning.

Great to meet so many old/new pirates as well as those I've meet before.

• Thanks for letting me use all your gas, Scuba. I'm not sure the loan of an electric pump quite made up for that!

• Ultra Kanga Kazzaaaaah wrote (see)
    Magna Carter wrote (see)
    Ultra Kanga Kazzaaaaah wrote (see)

Yep... covered in bites.

Glad it's not just me!  Little bugger must have got in my shoe as it got my toes as well as my ankles image

I think my general odour kept all the flies away, I did get chased by a dog on the towpath but even he gave up when he got too close

• Scuba Trooper wrote (see)

I had nagged Raf a lot concerned that he wasn't going to put the effort in

Nagged a lot???? It was like being out with my mother!!! image

• Scuba Trooper wrote (see)

And you Pudge, I'm sure we will bump into each other some time.

Kaz - you seemed very calm.

Seren - Thanks for the breakfast Monday morning.

Great to meet so many old/new pirates as well as those I've meet before.

You saw some old pirates..........i thought that by wearing the kit we would remain forever youthful.....teenagers almost.......image

• M..o.useM..o.use ✭✭✭

Yes, it's magic kit. Didn't you know?

• I thought it was only swimming in the Taff which made you forever youthful?
  • I swim in the River Usk as well now Barley..A much posher type of rats piss.image