My name is ???????? and i am gonna seriously get my sh!t in one sock

Comments

• I am going to shit in a sock by:

1) Going to get measured for my new bike tonight;

2) Collecting said new bike in a couple of weeks time;

3) Entering into a year long relationship with my bike, spending all the time that I can with it, so that we become one lean mean pedalling engine and chassis combined;

4) Taking all the advice that I can from my newly acquired mentor; and 

5) On completion of 1-4 above, be in a position to smash the arse out of the bike course at IM.

• Going sea swimming again in an hour after boiling all day in the office

• oops, someone just brought Magnums into the office and one is now in my chops. Half IM on Sunday so I shall declare it carb loading.

• Errr where did this Magnum wrapper in my recycling bin come from then? image Nom.

• mathschickmathschick ✭✭✭

all this talk of magnums.....good job I don't want to go back out in the heat to buy one!! never tried a pistachio magnum so am going to hunt one down over the weekend - maybe that could be my recovery nutrition after woodhall spa tri

• All good Pirates deserve a Magnum image completely acceptable recovery nutrition MC.

• Cake wrote (see)I’ve been to Wrexham once but was lost and aiming for Mold to deliver a birthday card to a good friend.image

I passed Mold this morning... I should probably have a word with Bookie image

• Surprisingly lumpy sea swim today swam out around 1200m to the lobster pots we were really getting bounced around by the waves and then back 

So that's a swim everyday for the last 8 days but only 2 in the pool

• I did 1.4 k at bossie this morning sans wetsuit - biked there, biked home.  Garmin tells me I was doing a pace of 1.9kph image FTW! My swims this week have renewed my faith in my ability to swim OW - happy chappy I am. 

• AARRRRRGGGHHHHH!!!!!!!! 71km this morning still averaged 16mph. HELPPP!!! I am doing drills, weights, sprinting up hill, downhill- I need new wheels don't I......

• I am going to have to put some on the xmas list EP. I won't get any before Wild Boar     image

• I got a decent bike from cycle to work scheme. Specialized Allez, £700, loved it at the time and did quite a few tri's on it. The cycle scheme from my employers went up to £1000 and I paid about £30 per month for a year, then £33 to keep the bike. I also got helmet, cage, bottles, lights etc.  

• BookyBooky ✭✭✭
    Ghostess wrote (see)
    Cake wrote (see)I’ve been to Wrexham once but was lost and aiming for Mold to deliver a birthday card to a good friend.image

I passed Mold this morning... I should probably have a word with Bookie image

You should but just in case she lives in sheffield with the greatest geek in the world. image

This is deffinantly bookie here and not that you can't log off on RW at the moment so the other person can log on. image

I have some very inportant diatition information for you all if you are needing to lose some weight at the moment instead of not buying magnum's or chocolate at the moment still buy it but instead of eating it post it to cake. This will help motivate you for training honest.imageimageimage

Red dog from exeriance well from talking to cake because this is bookie speed will come with consistant training and miles. Keep the faith and keep doing what your doing it will come. New wheel's and stuff is always good but no substitute for a decent engine which is yourself. The more you work it the better it will be.

New tyres normally make you a few miles faster while they are bran new if that's any help. You've got bags of time before the boar and while I have never done the boar course cake the amazing has and sure he said it's a good course for speed and stuff and got a good hill at the end of the loop so you can hammer it.

• image I did Boar last year, that's when I met Cake and EP. Is Cake doing this year? We are all having ice creams after the race image

I cycled outside and didn't kill myselfimage in fact what was all the mental block about that I had built up??

wonder what kind of a state a magnum would be in by the time cake received it through the post? Might be amusing to try

• No sea swim today tide was well out and didn't fancy a clamber over rocks to get out so did a hour and a half hilly run on the coast path it was boiling image

• My sock is looking OK, did my first half IM today and was pretty chuffed with it. Unthinkable to be doing double the distance in 10 weeks though.

• I was thinking a 99 MC image. I was your way this morning, rode to Ollerton and back through Southwell, then Arnold and home.

• Due to the lack of Magnums I had to default to a mint Cornetto

I wasn't my way this morning Chris so didn't see you - I was at Woodhall Spa doing a tri! I know you told me where you live but I have forgottenimage but that sounds like a fairly long ride. I think there are nice routes out towards Tuxford - nicer than going to Arnold anyway!

• How did you get on? It was about 45 miles round trip, I like to go back through Lowdham sometimes. I won't tell you where I live if you think Arnold is bad lol.image

nothing wrong with Arnold, just not somewhere I choose to cycle to! 

Enjoyed the tri at Woodhall, although there was more gradient to the bike route than I remembered! Legs were a bit trashed, bike was windy, not much left in my legs for the run but had a good time, and I was a bit quicker than last yearimage I think I swam 2 extra lengths too because I lost count! Need to start taking the garmin then I could have checked

• Lol I have done that on a pool swim before, so annoying. Glad you enjoyed it and have improvedimage

• AliBear30AliBear30 ✭✭✭

imageSufferfest yesterday and a girls ride out cake stop today.

Ready to start another week, plan go faster is underway.

• Red_dog_chris wrote (see)

image I did Boar last year, that's when I met Cake and EP. Is Cake doing this year? We are all having ice creams after the race image

Dam right you sexy beast. See you at the start line. image

Oh ans was deffinantly bookie posting and not me so you all need to post me your chocolate? image

• somehow found some swimming form last night - managed 2k in 35:26 - i think thats about half my sh!t in a sock

• My turn, I am seriously going to sort myself out and started training for next year.

Im back on the wagon again since Monday. 

Targets lose some decent weight for next summer (at least 2 stone).  Train well through the winter so im not pretty much starting from scratch again in February/March like most years.