Ironman or Non Ironman

Comments

• you flirting with me image

• image Might be

• They're clearly just jealous and in awe of your plans.

I'd make Cake your new besty.
  • i shall see just how bloodstained the top is first image

majority of my friends think i am an idiot when i tell them my plans. they only came round to the idea when it was baking hot and i got to swim in a lake image

• *note to self* Borrow some of Sarah’s girly perfume and put it on the top to wind the poor lad up. image

• plus the chocolate - dont forget the chocolate

• Personally if it were me I would adopt the phrase of "shut up or do better"

If they are like my mates they will say what ever to wind you up regardless of content they are after a reaction.

• Also are you classified as an Iron Man if you have only done a HIM?

• Kritter86 wrote (see)

Also are you classified as an Iron Man if you have only done a HIM?

You don't call yourself a marathon runner if you only run 13 miles, So why should you class yourself as an IronMan if you only do the half distance ?

• Dave The Ex- Spartan wrote (see)
    Kritter86 wrote (see)
    Also are you classified as an Iron Man if you have only done a HIM?

You don't call yourself a marathon runner if you only run 13 miles, So why should you class yourself as an IronMan if you only do the half distance ?

Good point. I guess it's confusing as you see people with IM70.3 tats...

• do you ? I've never seen a 70.3 tatt 

• Yep I have, a big red IM with 70.3 either inside or underneath.

• First time for everything I suppose 

• Kritter86 wrote (see)

Yep I have, a big red IM with 70.3 either inside or underneath.

Let me guess, the IM logo font size 900, the 70.3 font size 3image

• having done neither i wouldnt undersell the achievement of 'only' going up to 70.3 races.

that said i wouldnt call myself an ironman having done one.

• I'd done an IM long before I got round to doing a half, and I've still done more IM's than I have Olympics 

• The only Olympic I'm interested in doing is the Little Chef Olympic breakfast.

Nom nom !
  • Dave, you have not done any Olympic triathlons.

Unless you've qualified for the "Olympics" then you've can only say you've done "standard" distance triathlons.image

• cougie wrote (see)
    The only Olympic I'm interested in doing is the Little Chef Olympic breakfast.
    Nom nom !

image image

• Ironman Lanzarote is not he same as Ironman Switzerland is not the same as Ironman Cozumel is not he same as Ironman new Zealand is not the same as Ironman Florida is not the same as Outlaw/Big Woody/Forestman/Norseman...etc etc etc.

140.6 miles of swimming, cycling and running is 140.6 miles of swimming, cycling and running, does it make a difference where it is located and what it says on the bunting?

(1.5k/40k/10k is 1.5k/40k/10k)

• My humble apologies... I have done more Ironman distance events than I have done Olympic distance events image

• Does anybody actually really call themselves an Ironman? 

Ive done one of the official races but ever never once referred to myself as an Ironman!

"Oh yeah mum and dad,since I've done this race in Austria I don't want you to call me Mark. Now it's Ironman" image

The marketing guys at Ironman have done a brilliant job, £500 for races that sell out in days and people are queuing up to get the brands logo tattooed on themselves. 

• mark1981 wrote (see)

"Oh yeah mum and dad,since I've done this race in Austria I don't want you to call me Mark. Now it's Ironman" image

I'm looking forward to my parents calling me Ironman one day as "London Marathon finisher" is a bit of a mouthful image

• wouldnt they have to call you ' ironman and london marathon finisher'? image

• Budjude wrote (see)

wouldnt they have to call you ' ironman and london marathon finisher'? image

Haven't they disowned him for being a prat yet ?

• im hopefully going to need smaller type face on my letter heads with all these things i can add to it

• Dave The Ex- Spartan wrote (see)
    Budjude wrote (see)
    wouldnt they have to call you ' ironman and london marathon finisher'? image

Haven't they disowned him for being a prat yet ?

not just yet!

I know bud, there a few people within my company that seem to letter collect.