Chest Infection help?

Hey everyone, I'm training for my first half in September and my first marathon in April. Last week I managed to pick up a chest infection. I felt it coming the weekend before and had 2 really crappy runs but blamed it on the heat. I had a whole week of rest. I managed a 7k at the weekend at a very slow pace, not what I'm used to! I still had to walk a few times which I haven't done in months :/. I tried to do 5 miles today at normal pace and had to give up at 6k image my breathing was terrible and my chest was painful and i still had to walk a few times. I feel fine in myself so I don't understand what's happening to my body!  I had antibiotics from the docs which i have finished. I feel like I'm back to square one image. I'm wondering what I should do next, go back to the doctors? Run through it and build up my endurance? Or rest more? The rest was driving me crazy and I'm panicking so much that I'm going to destroy all my running progress. I ran my first 9 miles the week before I came down with it and felt so accomplished now I feel I'm going backwards image. Any help really appreciated! Jess

Comments