recommended service

12345679»

Comments

• I expect they're all in  a pub garden somewhere now discussing it, crying into their beer - sorry  -  Babycham and saying, "I love you mate...I really love you...I'd give you my last Rolo I would..."

• Na. They won't let it lie. Too much damage done to credibility.

• Grendel3Grendel3 ✭✭✭

I was going to say they are probably running across the Sahara or some other endurance event but don't think I can be bothered anymore. 

• It seems they can endure the Gobi but not the forum - we must be well hard image

• MillsyMillsy ✭✭✭
    They only got shirty because their marketing "experiment" went wrong and they got rumbled.
  • When rumbled either run like funk or just deny everything. Don't try to argue it out because you just dig yourself deeper into a hole. Adios spammers. See ya Stuey and Keith. Don't let the door hit ya ass on the way out.image

• Hello All

I am a newbie and only registered yesterday. Although a regular runner, I am by no means a coach. I had planned to ask questions relative to my daughter. More parental advise, as she is young and and I would hate to risk damaging her, or giving rise to her losing confidence

Reading this thread and others. I am really concerned that there may be predators, or a grour of predators on this site, waiting for their prey

I do not want to get into the politics of this thread, or the do's and don'ts.

Surely, the modertators should have been informed, so they could take action.

My question is, am I safe to open a thread. Or should I go elsewhere.

Constructive advice only please.

• Happy le

you have read this thread.then surely you have opened and read the others under new discussions..........

read the last 50 threads started under the new discussions  thread and then come back and tell me how manyt of those have had a group od predators on them attacking newbies for posting a question...........which is what you want to do.......

if you ask a question then you will get answers.varying ones as people have diferent opinions on things and you will have to work through those answers that you feel you can trust or go with the majority etc........

but if like the opening person on the thread you have no answers to ask and no help to offer others.and just come on to try and trick us then you would get short shrift.....people don't like to be decieved.....

• I think Seren pretty well sums it up in her post. If you come here to ask a genuine question or even just to have a bit of banter, you'll be fine. If you come on here to plug your mate's company you will get short shrift.

It's as simple as that.

• If I was the suspicious type I might think that Stuey and his boys might be responsible for that odd litlle post. Seemed a bit too contrived for my liking. When you have been on here a few years you can spot it a mile away. Nice try 

• It crossed my mind too SR.

• wo.think I have found another website bug or i have got a twin in happyle.as on their profile page.if you go to my reviews.they are all identical to my own.i was spooked for a while...........

• Looks like it Seren - HappyLe's events link to my profile.

• Posting threads like that to try to blacken the name of people on the forum seems more like dodgy online predator behaviour to me than objecting to spam. Unless he was referring to the guy who was telling Scramapillar to watch out at her next race? That was a bit much.

• That was it. "You will bitterly regret saying that one day" What a man. Now that is bad.

• Notice to everyone.

I am no longer participating in this thread. It's closed and I have said all I would wish to say. No further comments under my name or any other have nor will be made by me.

I have made my last comment but given the insinuations and frankly infantile comments made about me over the weekend i wished to confirm that this ia closed subject. So please resist the tempation to bait me any further as I will not reply.

• Predators ? W T F ?

If you looked at the thousands of training advice threads on here - you'll see that - training advice given.

Just ignore the threads were someone comes on claiming to be close to World Record pace and asks for advice. They're either lying or mistaken and they do get the pee taken - slightly.

I do find it very odd that you've posted on this thread out of the 10's of 1000s you could have done - 99% which would be more relevant. Why would you be in the Gear forum anyway ?
  •  It's closed when someone posts the last thread or RW decides to remove it. Notice to Stuey, it aint your forum to close.

• Stuart Smith2 wrote (see)

Notice to everyone.

I am no longer participating in this thread. 

Well, that would have been true had you not actually posted...image 

• DT19DT19 ✭✭✭

It does seem somewhat odd to have concentrated on a thread under the 'gear' forum head when before it in the queue are 'general', 'beginners', and 'training'. Based on the specificity of posts on those threads its difficult to understand how the poster even got as far as the 'gear' forum, let alone chose that one to read a lengthy and completely unassociated post and make a comment.

• Lee Renyard wrote (see)

I'm a newbie and so thus far I've only read this thread but my sense of humour can relent no more! Can't we just all play nice and agree to disagree then head over to the " my lady shorts" thread where its got to discussing the intimate parts of women instead of inferring that other people are indeed colloquial words for them?!

Thank you so far in part. I am not the first newbie to write on here, but it is a recent thread and a long one.

I will open up something later today. under general, beginners and training as advised by DT19

• Oh

I see what you mean DT19. The tabs at the top of the page!!!! Its just beginners I need.

• DT19DT19 ✭✭✭

hi,

Yes, I think people were suspicious that you had chosen to post in a section of the forum that was completely unrelated to your post. As you have seen there are different forum sections to suit your needs. Yes-beginners or general would get you some responses.

The reason the few people on here have been vilified is that what the OP has done insults the intelligence of forum users. Did they think they were the first people ever to come up with a marketing masterpiece like that!!

• "Disasterpiece" more like... 

• Thank you again DT19. I have opened a thread under beginners. Fingers crossed.