Options

Feeling Philosophical today

Is a “wrong” act okay if nobody ever knows about it?

Comments

• Options

Clearly it's a matter for the conscience of the individual.

I'm sure there are murderers out there that have never been caught and are absolutely fine with it. 

• Options

I'm pretty sure the victim would know about it if they were murdered!

• Options
    Pudge wrote (see)

I'm pretty sure the victim would know about it if they were murdered!

Yes but they're not telling image

• Options

Er, have you not seen Ghost?

Patrick sprags!

• Options
    literatinliteratin ✭✭✭

Hang on, aren't you an actual vicar? God would know.

• Options

I'd say no - but some people just don't have a conscience.

• Options

No if you act wrong you act wrong you will know about it.

• Options
    BookyBooky ✭✭✭

I think to some degree it depends on who defines it/how it is defined as wrong. There are some universal wrongs, but then there are wrongs that are probably right from other perspectives. And then there are the 'minor' wrongs, that don't really matter. Case in point, it's wrong for me to be posting on here in work time. But I'd say it's ok as long as my employer doesn't know about it... (and I still get my work done!)

• Options
    MartenkayMartenkay ✭✭✭

I think every one of use has a "wrong" act to our names. I agree with BI that some people just do not have a conscience.

However Sarah gets close to how most of us view a "wrong" act. Sometimes we can also find in retrospect that what we once honestly thought was right, really was not.

Not so long ago there was a thread - would you report a member of your family for a serious crime and some of the replies were sick! One respondent failed to recognise a 'them and us' syndrome as an excuse why some see doing wrong as the right thing to do. 

Yeah Literatin, I always thought "The Vicar" was a real clergyman too so he should know that God has all those "wrong" acts in the Big Book! But even God has perspective think of a camel and the eye of needle. I wonder what God's cut off is between being a rich man and a poor man and if he cares about effects of inflation!

• Options

I dabble in a bit of Bible bashing yes. Interesting points. Depends what defines wrong I suppose. Somebody who murders somebody else may think they are doing it for the right reasons, and without going into too many details this happens every day! Then it comes back to who eally knows wjat wrong is, this all comes from our own moral beliefs.

Oh I am not saying I have been up to anything and don't want anybody to know lol

• Options

There are also murderers who just don't care Vicar.

• Options
    RicFRicF ✭✭✭
    Screamapillar wrote (see)

There are also murderers who just don't care Vicar.

Exactly! I don't.image

🙂