Morerator

Comments

• Why thank you LB image

Rich Jackson wrote (see)

Is Popsicle now trying to suggest that RW Towers are not answering ??

Not answering? Gosh I'm speechless! image

• Pop Eye.you could try messaging me.i believe i am on the same level as  intermanautimage

• Will you answer him if he does ?

• Nothing going legal here guys. I just need some constructive advice.

I am a new business and was simply defending my station. What would you do, if it were your bread and butter. 

This all started some weeks back when a member aired their dissatisfaction on a local policy, which was reviewed and changed

It seems (to me) that a witch hunt has been generated.

I would sooner disappear into the night and continue as a member, as I have done since 2004 and will ask the moderator to remove the thread and all other details relevant to me, or any business I may be associated with.

I have been publically named on the previous thread, which is outrageous. Usernames are there to protect, unless the owner of that name chooses otherwise

I am not promoting or scamming anybody or any business with intent, nor do I wish to do so.

I spend a great deal of time, effort and hard earned money promoting my business through other channels and therefore do not need to take a cheap shot on this prestigious site.

I started this thread with the intention of me or my company NOT being named and within no time at all its done by another member.

Retractions welcome, but this is the wrong thread.

This has been a very unpleasant experience, with deformational comments and slanderous remarks made towards an unknown person and their name, namely me.

Sorry for any spelling errors. nerves I guess.

• literatinliteratin ✭✭✭

Pop-eye, you have a link to an obsolete website with your name on it on your public profile. If you don't want people to know your name, you might want to take that off.

• If you mean "defamatory comments and slanderous remarks" then you should find a solicitor. 

I just enabled messaging on my account.

• Pop eye.you have not been publicly names...............on your personal profile which is open to all.you put your own name..........if you didn't want your real name known then don't put it on your public profile...............

nothing underhand

what is underhand is you posting about a company on here without stating that you have any links to it......

• Eh ??  You're the owner of a shop but wish to remain incognito ?? FFS, get a grip. The original thread looked like Spam and felt like Spam therefore theres a reasonable chance that it was Spam.  You waded in to defend your mate who spammed on your behalf without mentioning the fact that he was clearly known to the owner therefore at best a very biased review. 

Get over it.

• My name is plastered all over the internet, but not associated with Popeye. That came from seren nos, who I have messaged.

I will message you Intermanaut

• MillsyMillsy ✭✭✭
    It was Rhys that started it!
  • Pop Eye, why is your company name not on Companies house list? 

I looked. 

Mine is there and it's dissolved! 

Or did you want it to be a secret from them as well? 

• Pop-Eye are you serious mate?

If that's your beef then the person you need to be taking this up with is your mate Rhys not the entire forum.

Whether or not his post was "innocent" it was what got you into this.

• Yes Millsy1977, it was. And I am getting a lashing for it.

Thank you

• So take it up with him!

You could have distanced yourself from his post but you didn't - and still haven't.

• For the future - its probably best if your mates don't come on here and tell us about your wonderful service. It screams out Spam unless they've past history on here in which case it might be a useful reference.

Would I use a shop solely because one person with no history said it was good ? Probably not.

Would I use a shop because a regular poster on here said it was good ? Probably.

Would I NOT use a shop solely because one person with no history said it was crap ? Probably not - you'd not be able to use any shops if that were the case.

Let the thread go - and in time you'll be getting reviews from people who you don't know who are happy with the service and will wax lyrical about it. Focus on getting packages out of the door rather than arguing on the internet.

Good luck with the business.
  • literatinliteratin ✭✭✭
    Pop-Eye wrote (see)

My name is plastered all over the internet, but not associated with Popeye. That came from seren nos, who I have messaged.

Except e.g. in the thread several years ago where you told everyone what your name is and asked them to sponsor you for the marathon des sables?

• WilkieWilkie ✭✭✭

If pop-eye and his mate Stuart hadn't jumped in, that thread would have died out on page two.

I'm so glad they did though - I've not had so much fun on the forum in ages image

• The lesson here Pop- Eye is that you need to put your business ahead of your "bromance".

• WilkieWilkie ✭✭✭

I don't think it's right to blame Seren for your real name being linked to pop-eye:

Pop-Eye wrote (see)

WOW...Some aggressive replies and is it really necessary? What has happened to the runners world forum of old.

I am an Ultra Runner and have completed a number of events over the years and at 57, still going. Endurance events are about testing your limits to the full.

Any runner or athlete worth their salt, will appreciate the hard work, commitment and sacrifices we have to make.

I respect any runner, running any distance and at any standard.

I will run to exhaustion, if it raises money that eventually saves lives. Don't knock it until you try it.

Seems Ex Spartan that you may have SMS

The MDS is six marathons in desert conditions, carrying a 15lb backpack.

CHARITY HURTS

See the following links:

http://www.justgiving.com/yukon-ultra

http://www.justgiving.com/keithflood2007

http://www.justgiving.com/Keith-Flood-PACE

http://www.justgiving.com/Keith-Flood

http://www.justgiving.com/Keith-Flood2015

An additional £15000,00 raised for MS in 2005, after completing the MDS

£6000.00 for WIZZ KIDZ in 1999 

Keep it clean guys. I never asked for feedback.

I have no doubt that this will be followed by negative replies, as it seems to be the theme, not set, but introduced since the first post. 

• Yes, as I said, plastered all over the website. Apologies to Seren, no offence meant

• Screamapillar

I am a fully registered member of Companies House and hold a Certificate of Incorporation of a Ltd Company.

Registration number is: 8173368

I am not going to go into the ins and out as this would be promoting (scamming).

My registered company is Ltd, but I trade as a sole trader under my current name, which is also registered with Inland Revenue.

I am hiding nothing, but not sure what this has to do with me requesting to speak with a Moderater

• Sorry Screampillar, it should have been addressed to Liverbird.

• Cougie

Point Taken

Thank you

• Thank you for that Pop-Eye.

I wasn't accusing you of anything, I just wondered.

i wish you every success with your business. I know you think that this is disastrous publicity for your new venture but look at it this way....This morning I'd never heard of you and now I have! image

It's not necessarily bad publicity.

• Yep

Never thought of it that way.

Thank you for the supporting comment.

Nice to see a positive come in there. 

• Pop-Eye wrote (see)

Nothing going legal here guys. I just need some constructive advice.

I am a new business and was simply defending my station. What would you do, if it were your bread and butter. 

This all started some weeks back when a member aired their dissatisfaction on a local policy, which was reviewed and changed

It seems (to me) that a witch hunt has been generated.

I would sooner disappear into the night and continue as a member, as I have done since 2004 and will ask the moderator to remove the thread and all other details relevant to me, or any business I may be associated with.

I have been publically named on the previous thread, which is outrageous. Usernames are there to protect, unless the owner of that name chooses otherwise

I am not promoting or scamming anybody or any business with intent, nor do I wish to do so.

I spend a great deal of time, effort and hard earned money promoting my business through other channels and therefore do not need to take a cheap shot on this prestigious site.

I started this thread with the intention of me or my company NOT being named and within no time at all its done by another member.

Retractions welcome, but this is the wrong thread.

This has been a very unpleasant experience, with deformational comments and slanderous remarks made towards an unknown person and their name, namely me.

Sorry for any spelling errors. nerves I guess.

As the owner of a small business I understand the passions that can come in to play when trying to promote/defend your business.  Given the displays of absolute, unadulterated rudeness, immaturity and, dare I say, ineptitude from you this afternoon, I can say with full confidence that I wouldn't touch your business with a very sturdy barge pole.  If this is how you conduct yourself when trying to defend your business, I can only imagine how unreasonable you would be in a tight spot in customer services. 

Absolutely shocking.  May you hang your floppy in shame.

• I'm still wondering why all this is apparently "our" fault and why Pop-Eye can't actually see how his dearest darling friend post could possibly be mistaken for a spammer.

• I think they're all a bit, you know, devoid of oxygen to the brain.  It's probably all that passing out after running massive distances for charidee in the desert that did it.  And possibly drinking each other's piss instead of their own because of their incapacity.

• Crazy Diamond. You mention above 'displays of absolute, unadulterated rudeness, immaturity'

Two replies later and what do you write.

Impressed.

Screamapillar. Who said anything was your fault, or our fault, as you are speaking for everybody. Who mentioned dearest darling friend???? Stroytelling

Civility costs nothing, but it works both ways. I cannot recall being abusive, vindictive or make personal vindictive comments to anybody. You won't need to look far for the reverse.

Cougie said a while back 'Let it go' and he was bang on.

So I have. Can you?

• Pop Eye, put down the Sella and take your own advise. Nothing was posted on here for 4 hours until you came back on saying to let it go.  You are doing neither yourself nor your business any favours.