Won't I waste vital energy 'warming up' for a race?.

I see some people running flat out before a race. Why would you waste your energy doing that????

Comments

• they won't be running flat out......they will start slow and build up so that their muscles will be ready to race

• XX1XX1 ✭✭✭

What distance are you talking about?

• I smell a rat  image

• I don't know what youre talking about meldy ..... Im just asking a question, because to me, Id rather skip the warm up to a race and just man up!
  • XX1XX1 ✭✭✭

Aha! image

• literatinliteratin ✭✭✭

are women allowed to warm up?

• XX1XX1 ✭✭✭
    Mr A nonymous wrote (see)
    I don't know what youre talking about meldy ..... Im just asking a question, because to me, Id rather skip the warm up to a race and just man up!

I asked you a question but you didn't answer that; however, I guess you must be talking about 5K right image

• JindaleeJindalee ✭✭✭
    Taxi Driver

I think he's talking about a Marathonimage
  • XX1XX1 ✭✭✭

Jindalee -- In that case perhaps the warm up pace of others just appears to be "flat out" when compared to his marathon pace image

• JindaleeJindalee ✭✭✭
    Taxi Driver, you might have a point image
  • literatinliteratin ✭✭✭

I don't understand. Why is everyone being mean to the OP? image

• Dont worry Literatin, Im used to it. There was this guy called Ben on here who was very mean to me.
  • literatinliteratin ✭✭✭

that sounds totally uncalled for. You should get him banned.

• DT19DT19 ✭✭✭

its all relative in terms of 'running flat out'.  a warm up is essential, and the shorter the distance the more effort the warm up requires.

• so when you said they were running flat out..what you actually meant they were walking fast.......image

• Mr A nonymous wrote (see)
    Dont worry Literatin, Im used to it. There was this guy called Ben on here who was very mean to me.

Mean? We'd die for mean - he ignores the rest of us most of the time image

• Mr PuffyMr Puffy ✭✭✭

I used to wonder what people meant when they said someone was needy...

• Grown tired of Mumsnet, Dave?

• Who is this Dave you speak of...? image

• JindaleeJindalee ✭✭✭
    No idea Screamapillar
  • GORDON'S ALIVE

• Always warm up with some running at faster than RP, even if it it's a few sets of strides picking the pace up each set. But then if I recall correctly, you don't listen to advice.

• GraemeK wrote (see)

Always warm up with some running at faster than RP, even if it it's a few sets of strides picking the pace up each set. But then if I recall correctly, you don't listen to advice.

It's ok, he doesn't run either image

• literatinliteratin ✭✭✭

Honestly, you lot. Ganging up on a forum newbie. Tsk.

• Nose NowtNose Nowt ✭✭✭
    GraemeK wrote (see)

Always warm up with some running at faster than RP, even if it it's a few sets of strides picking the pace up each set. But then if I recall correctly, you don't listen to advice.

Is it easy to do strides on a treadmill?

• I think this is really Poo Bear in disguise