Options

Salford Rowing Triathlon

1235»

Comments

• Options
    I should have a copy of the results some time tonight. If i do get them i shall email them right off to you guys eiter later on tonight or first thing in the morning
  • Options
    Cheers Rob, look forward to seeing them
  • Options
    Had a 1st timers go at the Velodrome this summer, but I can't imagine doing a race on the track. The canal is pretty close to the velodrome though, so the run could be an out and back along the towpath.

Jane
  • Options
    Ok I have the results and emailed Cougie earlier today, did he forward them on? He sent them to my work address and as I don't have internet access in work I couldn't get peoples addresses.

In fact I'll send out the results now to people that I have the email address for.

If you don't have them by 6.30 PM tonight email and I'll get them to you
  • Options
    Ok I think I have you all, I've been having a look at some of the senior times, and I'm half way through now so I'll post where people came in each disapline (senior guys at least) later tonight if I find the time

• Options
    Doh ! Sorry Rob - didn't understand the message !

Ta for the results - very interesting - you kicked my ass on the bike and thats meant to be my speciality !
  • Options
    Yeah I saw that, not sure a minute or less is kicking your ass though. Not looked at the other half yet, sorry :)

Will do it now
  • Options
    Ok here are the results (well running ones at least)

Run placing overall (count individual seniors only)

2nd Place - Rob - 18.46
    12th Place - Cougie - 21.14
    14th Place - Lloyd - 21.35

Best - 18.09
    Worst - 26.34

For the cycling

Rob - 30.40
    Jonny C - 31.17 (This time includes any traffic lights may have hit the rest do not)
    Cougie - 31.30
    Lloyd - 35.28

Not sure on best and worst and I can't get a couple of the times as the cycle finish time was not taken - I guess there must have been a few people coming in at once in them cases

I'm really chuffed with my run time, there was no body else under 19 minutes in fact the next quickest run time was 19.01 and then 19.21

• Options
    Good work there. That's a really good run time. Were you being chased hard at all 'cos that always spurs you on.

I'm definitely keen to come back and have another go. My biking wasn't as good as it should have been !
  • Options
    I wasn't been chased at all, I was in no mans land on the bike. I was about 2 minutes behind the triathletes/cyclists and the same ahead of the rowers (who were behind me) I was just chasing the guy down in front, then the next one and then the next one.

I was also thinking about my time counting for the team, so when I felt like curling up into a ball and dying I kept plugging away :)

I had cramp in my abs on the second lap, no idea where it came from (lack of fluid maybe?) but that run off over the bridge and I took it up from there home.

It's definatly the bike I need to work on and I think I should get my self entered in a road race or two and see what I can do. Ultimate aim 37.15 for 10k that's 6 minute miles right?
  • Options
    Cheers for all that Rob.
    Not sure I'm really quicker than Les on the bike, though I did stop 4 times for traffic lights!

I had a bad ride due to not warming up. Legs cramped and felt crap against that wind. Normally the swim in tri is a nice warm up and it stops you going off too fast in the cycle.

Fair play to you tho' guys. Without a bad back I think my times would have been about
    ergo 14 bike 33 run 27 = about 1:13 ish so plenty of room for improvement!

Am thinking of going for track accreditation at the velodrome so I can still do winter training without running. I'll let you know how it goes.

• Options
    PS Rob I think club road racing will start in the spring. I've done a couple of 10 mile TT with the Altrincham Seamons club on a Wednesday night.
    Let me know if you want to come along sometime.
  • Options
    For what its worth I've done a bit of XL number crunching to get these and have incorporated time bonuses to all. Here are all your split times as I worked them out(um I think)

Rob Brown
    E00:10:28
    B00:30:00
    R00:18:46
    B00:00:40
    T 00:59:14

Les Kennedy
    E00:12:13
    B00:30:50
    R00:21:14
    B00:00:40
    T 01:04:17

Lloyd Banner
    E00:12:03
    B00:35:28
    R00:21:35
    T 01:09:06

Jonny
    B30:52

• Options
    Thanks for all the times Rob. It looks like they missed one of my traffic light stops, but it would have made very little difference to the results. I would have snuck into 3rd place for the ladies bike leg, but still last overall.

Also, last compared to all the men, including vets - I think I need to do something about my fitness, Jane
  • Options
    Take heart Jane!
    It takes a lot to come out and race in the middle of winter - esp those conditions on the day. Also you missed out on your best discipline (swim) and took on a completely new one against a load of rowers!!

Look at it this way - you completed all three legs that's more than I did!
    Keep on racing.
  • Options
    Thanks Jonny - to be honest I was pleased with finishing after the cold I'd had in the week, and it was good to get out & do something.

Off to Athens in 2 days until 4th Jan, so will just be trying to keep running every couple of days to keep things ticking over whilst I can't get to the pool, gym or out on the bike.

Have fun over the holidays, Jane

• Options
    DazDaz ✭✭✭
    salfordrower, any recommendations on what to wear for a sprint dry tri?
    Would lycra shorts be a good idea for the row? Or would they slip?
    Endurance Coach @ DazCarterFitness.com
    Elite Ironman, Ultra Trail Runner
  • Options
    Bobby - I wore my indoor cycling shorts that I use for spinning on the rower. No problems with slippage. And the padding might have helped a bit !
  • Options
    DazDaz ✭✭✭
    cheers cougie, and love the hat!
    i thought you said sippage there for a minute, yurch!
    ok ill go with the cycle bots at sandown. you in yet by the way (remember-3pm sun)
    daz
  • Options
    JjJj ✭✭✭
    careful, Cougie - spinning on the rower could give you a nasty blister.
  • Options
    Bobby

I wore a pair of Ron Hill leggings and a thermal top, threw on a Gilet for the cycle and took it off again for the run.

Not sure I'm the right person to ask for advice on this but you shouldn't slip off the machine with cycling shorts. I have a wonderful shiny lycra I sometimes wear for rowing and I don't fall off with that

Jonny,

Sound s great about the cycling, esp as I'll not be rowing from March onwards
  • Options
    DazDaz ✭✭✭
    i do slip occasionally. maybe it was the friday's naked, greased up session. yeh that was it i think.