The new home the RW sub 3:30 now heading for 3:15

http://www.runnersworld.co.uk/forum/spring-marathon/rw-forum-six---sub-330/169325-1566.html

Since RW appear to have deleted us image I have started this new thread with a link to the old thread above.

I'll start the ball rolling in typical sub 3:30 style.  Here's my weekend:

Saturday:  8.5 miles running, 12 miles bike, 1 bottle of white
Sunday:  10.5 miles mountain running, 1 pint of beer

Comments

• Mmm ... That's a bit harsh as I've just come back from Ibiza consuming far too many units to count and doing bugger all image

but back in the swing today with a 13.5 mile run ave 8:45 and collecting my bike from the doctors later so hopefully gears won't slip now so I can head out and catch up on the miles!

• MinniMinni ✭✭✭

Oh, and I've made us a bit faster! image

• Well...that's only right image

• Hello new thread image

Internet is down at home image so:

Friday night - entering the numbers & times on the computer at the Worstead 5 followed by a bottle of white

Saturday - watching / supporting the Anglian Ironman followed by 3 pints of beer

Sunday - 17 miles with 8 @MP followed by sunbathing followed by sea swimming followed by 3 pints of beer

• Definitely white wine weather. image

While I was running this morning all I could think about was having a beer later image

• I'd wondered where the thread had gone?

Nice running Minni, but the drinking side leaves a bit to be desired... See below.image

AA - Straight back in with a 13.5 miler after a holiday... Impressive.image

My last week...

0 miles as left knee now does a double-click when moving through the normal (walking) gait, accompanied by the patella jumping up and down in time to the clicks, following by me nearly throwing up when it does this!image

2 x bottles of Jack Daniels, 3 x bouteille vin rouge, nearly 1 extra stone in weight since May due to a combination of self-pity and self-loathing.image

Appointment Friday to discuss MRI results better be good, otherwise i'm gonna eat and drink myself into oblivion!image

• MinniMinni ✭✭✭

Ok Oompa - you win!  I hope you get somewhere on Friday. 

AA/Spoons - top efforts! 

• Spoons - X-post. Nice miles. I obviously can't read back to catch up... Are you mara training with that mileage?

• hello new thread,

I can now post off my phone image

Oompa - how annoying about your knee! hope your mri is useful results so you can start rehabing (the kneeimage

just back from 3 miles, still sticking to snail pace but the knee is behaving.

saturday - zero exercise, lots of sunlounger time, dinner date with Mr Kiwi involving 1 bottle of wine image

sunday - we attempted a 'big' bike ride - Mr Kiwi's pedal broke at mile 7, cue turning back for home and taking refuge in the local beer garden, we managed 12 miles in total....

• Kiwi - I think rehabing the knee is gonna be quicker than the other rehab that i'm going to need soon!image Did Mr Kiwi's pedal break miraculously coincide with passing the aforementioned pub??? Glad to hear that the knee is behaving itself.

Oh, one last thing... I've just remembered that the knee that they MRI'd isn't the one that is now giving me grief, so that'll be another wasted appointment then!image

Now where did i leave that bottle of Absinthe...image

• I like what you guys have done with the place image 

Not a whole lot to report training-wise this weekend:

Friday - many beers
    Saturday - 2 mile sea swim (without wetsuit -didn't think i could swim without one!), & 10 mile hike through the southdowns.
    Sunday  - bugger all!

• MinniMinni ✭✭✭

Beers are in the fridge. Pizza will be delivered soon.

And you had a birthday Z! image 

Perfect timing with that pedal kiwi. image

• chickstachicksta ✭✭✭

yo, brilliant stuff!

And the new fred enticed a few missing forumites back - hello Zuvai and Oomps image

Oomps, that knee stuff sounds image. If my knees made such noises I'd drink myself into oblivion too image

Bet Mr. Kiwi tampered with that pedal pre-ride ... image

Spoons: nice long run.

I feel soooo lazy image  mojo hasn't come back. Another lie in this morning. Ouch. Maybe I can get out tonight, but sun is out again. However, it's only a cool 24 today and I've run out of excuses image

• Yay to the new thread.image

Happy belated birthday MrZ.image

Oompa- nice work on the drinking front. I like your style.image

Back from the TR in once piece although slightly sleep deprived. Epic epic epic event. Total mudfest this year which made it even more fun. Didn't do too well on the drinking front I'm afraid... only managed a few ciders but made up for it last night with a bottle of wine. imageWe should really organise a bigger outing next year.

I'm supposed to be resting today but might pop out for a few easy miles after work. Another 10k planned for this Saturday.image

• Chick - No mojo = More mojitos!image

Hi Bro, excuse my ignorance... Whassa TR???image

• lol, Mr Kiwi's pedal problems started in the midst ofa country park, no pubs in sight. he had his little bike repair kit with him, it had come loose, so he tried to tighten it with a spanner but no good, I offered the services of my hair tie but it made no difference. so we headed home, with him kicked the pedal back onto the bolt every couple of metres and me running after it when it fell off on the hard shoulder of a rather busy road. bloody thing, we needed a drink by the time we reached the pub which is about a mile from homeimage

• 2Old2Old ✭✭✭

Minni-welcome to your new home-as I only need 3.20 for a GFA and will be lucky to even do that in the presnt circumstances am I allowed here with the target being 3.15?image Oh my weekend- Fri 8 miles 7.54, 3 pints. Sat Nothing ( bought 7 chickens),Sun-swam 1.5k half bottle red(not at the same time).

Today-8 miles on the TM-first TM since I cant remember. Did it as a test before seeing the Dr tonight.

AA-thats a god run to clear the holiday guilt

Oomp-hold it together there mate-the MRI is nearly there and with luck set of a treatment plan to put you back on track

MrZ-welcome back stranger-good swimming-there were swimmers yesterday at Crosby who did 3.5k without wetsuits. My son did the 1.5k with me without a et suit and beat me by 2 mins. Ive decided to get some technique coaching this Autumn

Bro-glad you enjoyed the mudfest and see you are still focused on that 10k time

Kiwi-thats the trouble with cycling-you have to rely on a machine and your engineering skills

Chick -just go out and run without a watch-take some cash and buy a drink and ice cream stop and enjoy the view anf just go with the flow

• Oompa - last week was week 1 of marathon training

Next marathon is this weekend so I've gone for a 2 week programme with a 2 day taper this time. Will see how it goes...... image

• Spoons - I think that might be too long a programme... You might get bored of all the training!image

• MinniMinni ✭✭✭

I start the University trial tomorrow.  I'm detoxing today and just eating cucumber in case they do the body fat test... image  I have to take my running kit with me.  I hope its not too hard. image

• ... Hope there's no breathalyser?!image

• MinniMinni ✭✭✭

image its concerning me.  I already told a little white lie regarding the amount of alcohol consumed.  I filled in the questionnaire based on the information to hand.  I had only had two units of alcohol that week. image  It was only Monday evening though.....   image

• i've pondering/ planning for years and i've finally jumped in and bought a TT bike image

brand new planet x stealth is on its way! imageimageimage

• old4speedold4speed ✭✭✭

Welcome back Oomps and Mr Z!

spoons: you are definitely doing too much - i would double the taper time.

Back  from another killer 60 miles of hills in Wales on the bikes - we were mega lucky today as we just missed all the big showers. We could see them ahead but when we arrived we found massive puddles and wet roads, but the sun shining overhead. Mr O4S also had a mechanical problem when his gears got stuck and he couldn't change up or down. Luckily we were only about 6 miles from the end with no major hills to do, but could have been tricky half-way up the Tourmalet.

Tomorrow I hope to actually do some running!!

• Oomps - good luck with the knee. Think you win image

minni - is that a day thing? What are they testing?

o4S - sounds like a tough ride. How many weeks to the off?

mr Z - I am so slow without a wetsuit. Does it really make a massive difference? Our lake is still 24 degrees at the moment and its hard to swim in one and I'm crap without one!

kiwi -nightmare pedal incident! Glad you're taking it slow. Is it any easier?

bro - sounds like you had a great time. 

After a week in flip flops I've wokeN up with a touch of PF and the last 30 mins of my run today it was uncomfortable. Bit worried. 

• Minni - Well done on the new thread. Just 8m for me on Fri but no booze.

• old4speedold4speed ✭✭✭

AA: Saturday 10th August - gulp!

• Got to say this new thread is loads better than the old one....

• I'm not drinking again tonight image

• MinniMinni ✭✭✭

I like the scatter cushions and candles.