Enduroman 2014 - Triple/Double/Single/Half

Comments

• DO if I am doing the half it would be my pleasure to crew for you the rest of the time

• Doner Kebab wrote (see)

if i can persuade Colourin to do a half i could get her to to crew - seeing as shes down there and all thatimage

I'm sure Colourin could do more than the half....

• The single is luring me in. It sounds so much easier when I can say I'm ONLY doing the single. image Is it too ambitious to do this and Outlaw as well? 

• The single will be perfect for you image

• I'm torn between single or half in prep for Outlaw. But I think Enduroman full is going to be the one. 

• thanks RBM will take you up on it image

PTL - i know Cal could easily do more than the half but i have an ulterior motive - i need crew for this - the double wasnt too bad but you get less time per iron distance for the triple 

Soupy - just do the enduro single- the outlaw is a flat course that most people can do, think of the feeling you would have knowing that you didnt go for the easy option. im pretty confident you could do it after seeing you there this year, i dont know how much training you did for the half but it wouldnt take a lot more to do the full. Take 'the Road Less Travelled' and make yourself that bit better than what you could have settled for.

• DK - you've just sold it on what what was going through my mind already. See you there. I kinda like the idea of a lower key race too.  I did hardly feck all training for the half lol.  But I'm working on that, got to get my biking improved to deserve a new bike. image

• Soup Dragon wrote (see)

DK - you've just sold it on what what was going through my mind already. See you there. I kinda like the idea of a lower key race too.  I did hardly feck all training for the half lol.  But I'm working on that, got to get my biking improved to deserve a new bike. image

I think it's the right choice too; Enduroman is special

• Enduroman is special agreed. 

• Rookie question- Reading tick tock ten

One makes sense, 2 I believe you do continuous. At what point do you go to one a day? is that how you do 3.

doing a double do you do all the swimming then all the cycling etc. or one im then a second. 

• BM it is all the swim, then bike, then run, tends to be that way with Enduroman up to quin, they've run the quin and deca as one a day twice before. They were thinking of doing the quin and deca as continuous this year potentially but for one thing the dates didn't work out with the venue unfortunately.

• theres also 1 more thing that i forgot about Soupy, which i know you know but newbies might not, when you finish the outlaw they say "xxxx you are an Outlaw" - if you are lucky- which is a bit ironman like for me but at enduro you get to run round in reverse and everyones smiling as giving high5s etc and thats got to be the best end of race feeling ever. and remember guys:

When an ironman goes to sleep at night they check the closet for an ENDUROMAN

• Yeh, that final lap in reverse is just the most amazing time I've ever had.  And the friendliness of it all. Its on my calender in one form or another from here on. I've never had a race leave such a lasting impact on me. And next time I'll camp - none of the namby hotel stuff. I want to be on site.

lol at checking the closet.  Nice one. image

• the closet thing - it was on a sign at last years event image 

• i actually meant that the signs are hand written and not done on expensive tarpauline, more of a low key gritty sort of event rather than glitzy look at me event.

• good to see your adding something new to teh debate KK......next maybe you could tell us about the expenses RW owe you because you couldn't be arsed to do a receipt.there might be someone in outer mongolia that doesn't know about it yet......#

DK.....I can help cre for you on the Friday  if that is any help ....I just love teh Enduroman atmosphere,,,,,,,its just so friendly and everyone gives to each other....people are so selfless.

• we arent talking about cut offs or costs and even if we was, isnt enduroman one of, if not, the cheapest iron distance around. and we have been around the bushes with pricing before - surely if the cut offs were tighter not so many would enter and therefore the price for entry would be higher making it even a more expensive hobby. So please KK what would you like? expensive entry and tighter cut offs or cheaper entry and let the slower ones have a bash? what distance do you prefer out of interest? 10k? marathon? imo a good mara time is around 3 to 3:15 but yet the cut offs for this distance are normally about double that. a good 10k time is around 35 minutes but the cut offs for this distance, if any, are around 4 times that. so all things being equal dont shorter events have a longer cut off, as a percentage of a good time for that distance, than ultras ?  

i do a sprint distance tri in a shade over an hour, just a tad over 40 mins for 10k, a hilly trail mara in 3:40 - not too slow is it for a non serious runner? 

• M..o.useM..o.use ✭✭✭

I didn't need a spell checker. 

• "Maybe the older pirates aren't playing ball right now".  What the feck does that mean?