• Options
    M..o.useM..o.use ✭✭✭

Oh no. You said feck. Bad boy. 

• Options
    M..o.useM..o.use ✭✭✭

You're a strange woman, KK. 

• Options
    Flat Foo..ted wrote (see)

"Maybe the older pirates aren't playing ball right now".  What the feck does that mean?

Its Stella time .....

• Options

i didnt intend to come over all macho - but you didnt counter the argument that short races have a bigger cut off time than ultras or the price vs eliteness point. if you are going to put a point across at least respond to the point(s) made by the other party

• Options

I come home completly wasted after drinking for 8  hours with a load of nutters I was locked in a tin can with 20 years ago and I find posts like this I love the piratesimage

• Options
    Doner Kebab wrote (see)

we arent talking about cut offs or costs and even if we was, isnt enduroman one of, if not, the cheapest iron distance around. and we have been around the bushes with pricing before - surely if the cut offs were tighter not so many would enter and therefore the price for entry would be higher making it even a more expensive hobby. So please KK what would you like? expensive entry and tighter cut offs or cheaper entry and let the slower ones have a bash? what distance do you prefer out of interest? 10k? marathon? imo a good mara time is around 3 to 3:15 but yet the cut offs for this distance are normally about double that. a good 10k time is around 35 minutes but the cut offs for this distance, if any, are around 4 times that. so all things being equal dont shorter events have a longer cut off, as a percentage of a good time for that distance, than ultras ?  

i do a sprint distance tri in a shade over an hour, just a tad over 40 mins for 10k, a hilly trail mara in 3:40 - not too slow is it for a non serious runner? 

KK I just don't get the point maybe you could answer DKs question?

Ive a couple of my own, if whats your 100m, 800m time?  these are 'short' distances, even 10k is an endurance event.

I trust youll be explaining your fascination with longer and slower to SuperCaz!  Don't forget to point out the womens channel record is 7.15.

• Options

how does this fit re Nice?

could be tempted re a relay.

*shuts eyes / hands over ears re the double......*

• Options

Eduroman 2013 thread image

kittenkat wrote (see)

In all honesty, and I *know* I'm going to get in trouble for this, but Enduroman is getting synonymous with 'really' slow. I'm not talking about the deca or quin because that is a different beast altogether. But as a half, single, double and maybe even triple (don't know about the last one)

It's a 'get round' course which is never going to attract competition unless they do something about that. The cut offs are huge.

Not a criticism for what it is, but just making a point.

kittenkat wrote (see)

And the mass market with the disposable income is the get round and finish market now, not exclusively but to a certain degree.

Again, observation before I get lynched. No criticism...

kittenkat wrote (see)

And also I've seen the guys from Enduroman accept money and people on the A2A who would never be capable. Where does the moral v reality stuff kick in? What IS the fail rate for Enduro events v successes?

Why is there no vetting process, just extending cut offs to boundaries where it isn't about athletic ability at all? (But about mental strength which I agree is great)

kittenkat wrote (see)

I think I'm on a one woman campaign to stop the culture of longer is more worthy of praise from your 'online friends'.

Firstly, it's a great support system when you'ren in it, but for most people that's less that 10% of physical contact time a year.

Secondly, any journey and get up off your arse is great, but I'm getting really pissed off with the IM 'is a better achievement' focus and shorter is less, philosophy. I'm more interested in shorter faster now because that's where there is some competition.

• Options

I don't care what somebody might say about me being slow.  I'm doing this for fun. image  

edit - But if I get the gothica that I test rode yesterday I might not be that slow anymore. image

• Options

It seems to be an annual ritual now; Purple creates Enduroman thread and then KK comes and rants about doing long slow stuff.

Can we get back to Enduroman now please.

OC - you should come along you'll love it. I'm doing Enduroman as well as IM Nice image

• Options
    M..o.useM..o.use ✭✭✭

True, Purple, True.

Soupy, I don't want to be the harbinger of doom but that Gothica won't go faster by itself.  You've really got to put your mind to it and train properly young lady.  I know you can do this, I just want you to do it a) well b) comfortably and c) in a respectable time.  Remember the things I said to you at Outlaw.  The commute to work is junk miles unless you put it to good use by going the long way round.  You need to be doing at least 2 of each discipline per week, preferably 3.  I know you don't like to turbo but you're going to have to learn to through the winter months.  We've been here before with you and long course races, if 2014 is going to be your year, make it your year.  Train strong and race day will be that much more comfortable for it (plus if you can bring it in in under 17 hours then that's a 'standard' long course tri cut off time.)  You know where I am if you want a dose of tough love and I think you know me well enough by now to know that I'm fully supportive of you and want to see you do your best.

• Options

Purple -  a bit like my annual kit thread, eh? I start the thread and then KK comes in and says you don't need expensive kit etc etc image

Awwww Mouse -  I love your tough love! 

• Options

Mouse - I got 16.5mph average speed over a 10 mile loop with 650ft climbing on that bike!  image  But I can't justify the cost. image But it shows what I can do if I'm motivated. image

And yes I do need to train more I know, and with my new job I'm getting some good sessions in which are paying dividends. 

• Options
    M..o.useM..o.use ✭✭✭

I want that average speed over a 90 mile loop please.

Good girl.

• Options

Throwing my 2p into the winter training pot, if you don't like turbo then put an extra layer on or two and go outside, as long as it's not icy it'll be fine, if it's raining you get wet, you dry off and feel smug! I gave my turbo away having not used it for 7 years. 

• Options
    M..o.useM..o.use ✭✭✭

Completely agree, Symes.  Winter miles = summer smiles.

• Options

Or get off road over winter on a MTB great for leg strength and bike handling skills

• Options

Well I'm certainly going to be biking over the winter cos its the only way i can get to work now. And I have to travel to various meetings which I can use my bike for and get paid 33p per mile. Plus it gives me a good long commute home Win-win. image

Showers at work and a locker means I can run 6 miles in a couple of mornings a week. Swimming pool round the corner from work  (indoor and outdoor) and finally back to full health so I really have no excuses any more. If I don't manage long course in 2014 I'll pack up my pirate kit and walk the plank. 

Mouse - please continue to nag me. I need it. image

• Options

Has anyone tried any of the other doubles/tripples out there.

Enduro man would be easiest to get too being uk based but may get more family backing if I sugest a trip abroard. The austrian one?

• Options

the german triple is very flat..........

one of the doubles this year got stopped 2/3 rds of the way in due to timing problems.and cancelled........apparantley its a vbrilliant race but that must put ypou off.........training,,,,,,getting there,..ghetting onto the run and then to get it stoppedimage

• Options

Seren - where on earth is the German triple???? It's not listed in the event calendar.

• Options

Google is your friend, as usual:

http://www.triathlonlensahn.de

• Options

my hubby wasn't happy with the logistics for that lensahn one..........so have changed focus............looks very good

• Options

I am tempted by the double but worry that it is all about the challenge rather than the event.   What i mean is that I love the experience of my Iron distance races as much as the actual challenge of completing them.  i would never have visited Embrun and maybe never seen the French Alps were it not for Embrunman and I love the atmosphere of Bala...another place I might never have visited were it not for the triathlon.

I am thinking about the Forestman for next year - and the appeal lies in seeing and competing in such beautiful scenary as much as the challenge itself.

I know the double is in the New Forest as well but the relentless small loops for both the bike and the run makes me think that the pure athletic challenge becomes the main focus rather than the experience of the event?

I'm happy to be persuaded otherwise mind!   image

• Options

after 232 miles on the bike youll be glad of a small lapped circuit. regular drink supply with no need to carry it, no navigation errors - after being up for 24 hours even a marked course can prove difficult as i found out at the thunder run (thank god for marshalls), access to first aid for your feet etc. you see it sounds so easy, 

• Options

Slim - The event is certainly an experience. It's so unqiue, totally different to an IM but really special. It's a small but very intimate event and you get to meet some amazing people.

• Options

......enduroman is like the hotel california............you can check in anytime you like.......but you can never leave