/members/images/337695/gallery/yorkshool.jpg

• Radar SalRadar Sal ✭✭✭

The Ginga Ninjool:

/members/images/337695/gallery/Ginga_Ningool.jpg

• Radar SalRadar Sal ✭✭✭

and notable absentee, the Austoolian image:

/members/images/337695/gallery/Australool.jpg

• Radar SalRadar Sal ✭✭✭

and just for reference purposes, drum roll please for THE...BRISTOL...STOOL...CHART!!!

/members/images/337695/Gallery/Bristol_stool_chart.png

• Wahhhh! I'm absurdly excited this morning. I can't settle at to anything. I can't believe I'm expected to go to work later - how will I concentrate? I must go for a 'joglet' first. I'm flying tomorrow afternoon, expo on Saturday morning image

Thanks for round up of info Radar Sal.

Best wishes to everyone getting over lurgies and injuries. Safe traveling everyone

• Also getting stupidly excited here! I'm at work but every 5 minutes I'm checking the thread, or the weather, or looking for stuff related to paris.

30 minute joglet for me tonight then a strategically organised seminar tomorrow afternoon to round out the week.

The EasyJet saturday morning! Just need to clear these heavy legs (Hoping tonight will loosen me up then 2 days of no running and limited walking will clear it) and I'll be good to go!

• MennaniaMennania ✭✭✭

Hello All,

I have lurked but havent posted on here for ages, but have picked up some wonderful tips and advice so thankyou all for that. I would like to wish you all the best of racing and hope that you all get what you want from the weekend!!

Good luck!!

Johnny - Bib 990

• E mmyE mmy ✭✭✭

Good luck everyone... I'll still be on here until Saturday morning so if anyone feels like continuing this madness... i'll be hereimage All byyyyy myself!

• Radar SalRadar Sal ✭✭✭

I'll post to you until I get to the chunnel Emmy...

WOOOOHOOOOO TWO SLEEPS PEOPLE!!!  (well 3 to the marathon but seeing everyone on saturday is the beginning...)

• PC -PC - ✭✭✭

Good luck Mennania.  You know where we will be but I understand if you prefer to avoid us. image

Emmy - can I be mad with you.image

Newbies - or should I say new friends.  We want to hear your marathon stories and stick around. There will be a ballot opening next week for Paris 2015, the ballot is for cheaper entries and normal admission starts in September.  Good luck and enjoy yourselves.

• RS - great list of instructions , hopefully no excuses for people not knowing where and when the different meet ups are happening

E- something tells me no one is not going to recognise you image

OO - hopefully just a sniffle you have

Final two mile run this morning at marathon pace , cold and windy up here so any weather will be an improvement
  • Hi Everyone,

I've been lurking here a while... it's been touch and go as to whether I was going to make this but having managed a couple of 20 milers am on the Eurostar tonight..

I've watched the end of Paris so many times with a lump in my throat and having only ever done London am finally now giving into the excitement..

Good luck to everyone - you will do yourselves and your loved ones, here and departed proud on Sunday - this will be a special day - now go kick ass...

All the best... the Lurking Magpie

• LloydRLloydR ✭✭✭

Loving the latest countdown Weedy!

Last day at work, working from home and constantly finding myself looking at Paris related websites. Last easy 3 miles just finished with my Mrs on a lovely spring lunchtime.

Now to get my things together before flying out tomorrow afternoon. In about 3 days time I should, fingers crossed, be one of the 1%.

Thanks for all the information everyone. Look forward to seeing some of you on Saturday.

• E mmyE mmy ✭✭✭

Les Champs a PC wrote (see)

Emmy - can I be mad with you.image

Newbies - or should I say new friends.  We want to hear your marathon stories and stick around. There will be a ballot opening next week for Paris 2015, the ballot is for cheaper entries and normal admission starts in September.  Good luck and enjoy yourselves.

Deffo... let the madness beginimage

I echo was PC says. Just have fun and stick around - this place is a pretty great place to be... and we do go on tour ;0)

Radar Sal wrote (see)

I'll post to you until I get to the chunnel Emmy...

Ooh - i'm not going crazy. not going crazy ;P I can post technically until i cross the border into France but I wont have time after tomorrow evening.

Scott Le Marcheur wrote (see)

E- something tells me no one is not going to recognise you image

It is I... Le clairimage
    Magpie9 wrote (see)

Hi Everyone,

I've been lurking here a while... it's been touch and go as to whether I was going to make this but having managed a couple of 20 milers am on the Eurostar tonight....

Good luck to everyone - you will do yourselves and your loved ones, here and departed proud on Sunday - this will be a special day - now go kick ass...

All the best... the Lurking Magpie

No matter that you've lurked - you've been there and you WILL be there on Sunday. Come to pasta papas if you've booked, come to the photo op and dont feel like you're alone. We're a lovely bunch (well... that Scott can be a little funny image).

LloydR wrote (see)

Thanks for all the information everyone. Look forward to seeing some of you on Saturday.

Whoop Whoop!! See you Sunday!

• OrbuttOrbutt ✭✭✭

/members/images/676282/gallery/Britney.jpg

Emmy, your wish is my command. 

Sleep well people, or else!!!!

• Hello all,

Are the distance markers all in KM? I can't decide whether to switch my GPS from miles accordingly. Psychologically, is measuring progress in KM harder (it's a bigger number!), easier (you rattle through them quicker!) or much the same - it's the same distance after all.

I've trained in miles and I know what my target pace feels like, so I'm leaning towards working from miles on my watch.

Best of luck all - stay healthy and smash it!

• Barry Lee 4 wrote (see)

Hello all,

Are the distance markers all in KM? I can't decide whether to switch my GPS from miles accordingly. Psychologically, is measuring progress in KM harder (it's a bigger number!), easier (you rattle through them quicker!) or much the same - it's the same distance after all.

I've trained in miles and I know what my target pace feels like, so I'm leaning towards working from miles on my watch.

Barry, I am leaving the Garmin in mile mode so I can use it to help pace myself, but I will taking notice of the KM markers which are more prominent - they come much quicker, and you get the mile markers as well, so you feel you are making progress with loads of markers all over the shop. The worst bit is where you go through the 25k marker and the next marker is 16 miles - which somehow feels like you've got longer to go than at 25k (when you've actually a little less to go)

• Radar SalRadar Sal ✭✭✭

Barry - markers are in kms and miles but km ones are much bigger.  I find kms easier as I tick them off more often and if I'm a bit slow for one it's easier to make it up over the next one.  Making it up with miles is quite a step.  Good luck!

• Eggyh73Eggyh73 ✭✭✭
    Barry Lee 4 wrote (see)

Hello all,

Barry - If you are used to miles then work with miles. The miles are marked on the course, but as others have noted not as clearly as the KM markers. Also make sure you use the course markers to note distance and not the GPS on your watch.

• Jimbob, Radar - thanks both, sound advice. Think I'll stick to miles for pacing and use the KM countdown for motivation. Plus the math will keep my mind busy.

• E mmyE mmy ✭✭✭

Orbutt - Oh my... my heart is all a flutter. Here you are Orbuttimage

/members/images/334358/Gallery/66813_896583115100_1683398009_n.jpg

Barry - I work in both... just to pass the timeimage I have a pace band per KM but track my garmin in miles as my brain seems to work better like that.

• ATMATM ✭✭✭
    B individual miles are usually marked by broken lines painted across the road. The ks by complete lines and roadside markers. Does anyone remember mile flags at the side of the road?