Comments

• Options
    E mmyE mmy ✭✭✭

Safe travels everyone!

Tink - im rooting for you!

• Options
    With no family here Em we're all family
  • Options

Howey, Dave The Ex-Sparatn: great to hear from you chaps again. Hello from Paris!

Me and Tinks are esconced in a lovely little apartment somewhere near Chatelet, off to find some nice grub soon. Remember everyone, that TWO nights before the race is the key night for getting a good night's sleep - much more so than the night before. So no going out late and getting a bit worse for wear. Early to bed, leave the devices off and get a long, deep night's sleep!

Enjoy the breakfast run Eggy and crew in the morning. I shall mainly be staying in bed. Despite Jimbob's best efforts to panic everyone with dire predictions of a tsunami weather deluge, I think conditions are as close to perfect as can be for fast marathon running.

• Options
    OO54OO54 ✭✭✭

Howey- very nice to hear from you old pal. Early to bed Tricky- you old killjoy image

Party party party......

• Options

TD we aren't far from chatelet - I just went and grabbed a pasta salad for dinner from a supermarket on Montorgueil.  image.

We did the eiffel tour and hop on off bus today which was good.  The tower took longer than planned so I missed the expo. Hubby and kids are going to take it slow tomorrow morn while I duck out to the expo. 

• Options
    Andy-W-Andy-W- ✭✭✭
    Great to see so many enjoying Paris.

It was rather chilly today, at Disney studios, especially compared to last couple of days. I was going to just wear a vest but if it's as cold as today I might have to wear a thin shirt underneath.

Oldest daughter has a cold hope I don't get it. Just chill axing right now after a rather hectic last few days.

Tomorrow at Disney park in the morning and hoping relaxing swim in Hotel New York in the afternoon followed by pizza or pasta and early night sleep for 5am alarm clock or thereabouts.
  • Options
    DannirrDannirr ✭✭✭

Andy - I would have thought the very last thing you'd want to do the day before a marathon is walk around Disney?

• Options

Hey again folks - some people have asked me about going to the cinema tmrw afternoon. Here's the plan. Meet at the place where we are going to meet for Pasta Papas, just by Franklin Roosevelt metro stop (exact location is on page 440 ) at 14:50. The cinema is the UGC at 144-146 Champs Elysees. We will go to see the film "The Grand Budapest Hotel" starting at 15:15. It's a comedy, original English language with french subtitles.

(PC - made a screw up and left the cinema tickets at home, hence not Pathe). image

The film will finish after 1h40, so we can easily walk back out and meet folk for dinner at Pasta Papas afterwards. No ned to tell me if you are coming or not. We'll hang around for a bit and then head in to the cinema at 3pm. I'll be wearing a light coloured cotton jacket and will answer to "Tricky", "Richard" or "Hello handsome!". Oh, pic below.

/members/images/345267/gallery/Berlin_Marathon_2011_Official_pic3s.jpg

• Options

This is what his bottom half looks like image

/members/images/727962/Gallery/P1012126.JPG

• Options

So here we are again image. Glad to see Paris hasn't moved, although they appear to be rebuilding the Arc. Expo tomorrow morning - anyone around, say hello.

• Options
    yer majyer maj ✭✭✭
    I'm here. Expo done. Apartment has a snakeskin wallpapered loo and a bathroom with a mirror on the ceiling. I'm all set...
  • Options
    Kirsten BKirsten B ✭✭✭

Might make it to the movie. My legs need to rest after 2 days sightseeing.

• Options
    JokeybhoyJokeybhoy ✭✭✭
    Stuff packed now going to try get a good nights sleep before my flight in the morning.

TD: I learned the 2 night before lesson on my last marathon.Thought if I got up early on Saturday morning I would sleep better Saturday night,boy was I wrong,I never slept a wink.

It's unlikely I will see any of yous Saturday as my flight gets in at 2 then I'll be heading straight to the expo.Im staying in the la defense area.See you all at the arc on Sunday.
  • Options
    PC -PC - ✭✭✭
    Go to sleep Weedy.
  • Options
    RoundmanRoundman ✭✭✭
    Paris here we come!
  • Options
    OO54OO54 ✭✭✭

Me too, see you at the meal folks image

• Options
    OO54OO54 ✭✭✭

Me too, see you at the meal folks image

• Options
    Andy-W-Andy-W- ✭✭✭
    Had a good night sleep last night (unlike Weedy lol), going to try to do as little as poss today, though i am in Disney with the kids ... Will bribe them and I know they like swimming ... They still have 5 days of parks left incl. today (last day Wednesday)
  • Options

Good morning campers.

Blue skies and sun in Paris image

• Options

Good morning from Paris. I'm still lying in bed as I intend to do very little today after yesterday's jaunts around the metro to various places. See you all later at pasta papas for the meal, enjoy the day all image 

• Options
    PC -PC - ✭✭✭
    Weedy - some people aren't as clever as you. Why the boat ? I'm asking for a friend. I wouldn't put you as the village idiot, you're one of the brothers. I wouldnt have TD as the father otherwise where do you put Tinks. Totally agree for Scott.

Emmy - where are you ? family reunion wont be complete without you. There are other members missing but will be thinking of them.
  • Options

Off to catch the train to the expo I go image

• Options
    ATMATM ✭✭✭

hehe Weedy...And I ve just seen the ThreeGraces. Brilliant.(Helterskelter, you can theme some museum visits around spotting runners in Old Masters..)

Very sensible approach,Steve, but hard to put into practice, here. 

so, I m resigning form 'Mum' status and moving on to 'Mad Old Aunt'. More scope...

• Options
    yer majyer maj ✭✭✭
    It's too bloody sunny. Somebody make it stop.
  • Options
    Kirsten BKirsten B ✭✭✭

National today,  my hubby's putting £1 either way on Long Run for me.

• Options
    Andy-W-Andy-W- ✭✭✭
    Sunny Wednesday Thursday cold yesterday sunny today ... Do I just wear my vest tomorrow or play safe image
  • Options

AndyW - vests tmrw. Yer_Maj - the sun will disappear soon enough. Make the most of it today.

Fabulous night's sleep for me. Just the tonic. (What Weedy and PC were doing up in the middle of the night though, I have no ideas!).

Still have a bit of a cough but what the heck. Life is all about adapting right? Will just do the best I can tmrw. Looking forward to meeting so many of you over the coming two days. It's been a blast.

• Options
    JokeybhoyJokeybhoy ✭✭✭
    TD: that's all we can do is give it our best,I've got a good feeling that most on here will get their target due to the fact that the British based folk were mostly training in horrendous wind and rain and in theory will likely be fitter than they would have been other wise