Options

Paris Marathon 2014

Comments

• Options

Had my first ever park run this morning and had a great time , met mr ATM and the lovely helterskelter , we wore our paris marathon tops just to show that although we were slow , we were built for endurance 

• Options

Dannirr - brilliant.

DV - echo the sentiment.

• Options
    Eggyh73Eggyh73 ✭✭✭

Dannirr - Brilliant.

RR - Well done on getting 20 miles in. Even in my dreams I'm not fast enough to be winning races!

Scott - Had I known you were all doing the parkrun this morning I would have come along, rather than spending most of the morning in bed.

I did get my lazy ass out for a 13.5 mile LSR this afternoon though. Longest distance I've done since Paris. I'm going to do a short run as fast as I can session tomorrow, which will take me over 40 miles for the week.

• Options
    ATMATM ✭✭✭

Lazy ass alert*  We re doing Pollok, next week. And yer-maj will be there. So, no excuses. * Mr. ATM was very pleased to meet more of my imaginary friends... *

• Options
    Eggyh73Eggyh73 ✭✭✭

Lazy ass has noted this. Will possibly bring someone along who can actually run fast, as she returns form swanning about in Canada this week.

• Options
    ATMATM ✭✭✭

ooo Yes! She will win! image * Whole Thread is invited to bask in reflected glory of Eggy's ' someone'...who can, actually, run ...err...fast....*

Attention.BB ( Best Behaviour ) expected ,of Threaders..

• Options

Think of the rest of us slumming it on the Isle of Man. 

• Options

Sorry I won't be slumming it any where..................feeling really 'alone'image

• Options
    Eggyh73Eggyh73 ✭✭✭

Kaz - You're never alone. Just a safe distance from the thread craziness!

• Options
    Eggyh73Eggyh73 ✭✭✭

Not long until you're back in Berlin Kaz. Plenty of the thread will be over for that. I'd love to give Berlin another shot, but glad I'm not having to train for it!

• Options

Great post Dannirr. I'd love to go for a run with my dad. Sadly he's not a runner by a long stretch of the imagination image

I'd also love to go for a run with my son. One day. Like... when he has been conceived/born! image

• Options

Holy moly its like bleeding winter here - torrential rain and blowing a hoolie! not looking good for LSR. image

On a plus note- today I have encouraged and persuaded 6 new people to join my new class on Tuesday which is aimed at people who don't do any exercise. All of these are   Very overweight, so all will have challenges and limitations to their abilities. Lets hope I can motivate them to make positive changes. 

I suppose I should try and sleep.......KOC isn't far Away! 

• Options

Morning kaz,  back from your run? I'm up and waiting for food to digest. As eggy said berlin isn't far away image yay for the Tuesday class! Really hope it goes well. Saw you're having too many for classes again.  maybe you should charge a £1 more and tweak the supply and demand equation.image

• Options
    E mmyE mmy ✭✭✭

Morning all,

kaz - good luck for Tuesdays class. I think you'll really make. A difference to their lives.

ive already done 4 miles with the dog this morning so am just eating brekkie before heading out to the 100km bike ride. If you don't hear from me in 12 hours send a search partyimage

• Options

Hi everyone, just catching up on all of the e-mails. Wow you guys have been busy, well done for all the brilliant runs.

Great videos too!

• Options

I am up early today and waiting for my other half to get up so we can go on our first 10 mile run this year.  Hopefully it will stay a little cooler than it has been so we wont get burnt to a crisp on the way roundimage

• Options

Eggy hope to see you next week at the park run , it'll be another good catch up with the threaders 

kaz you only alone in body , not spirit , we,re all with you 

• Options

Kaz..  you're a star..  image

• Options

Thanks guys.......truly touched! I seem to be very emotional at the moment! And Lazy!

I took another rest day today.......image

• Options
    kaz1 wrote (see)

I took another rest day today.......image

That's your second one this year! Great news on the new starters.

RS - speaking of not being right, how's you?

Lesley - keeping you waiting for your run's unacceptable behaviour. Get him told! image

• Options

KAZ, just to echo what the others have been saying, you're a legend and you're lovely and i'm really looking forward to having a good hang out with you in Berlin before and after the race (and maybe during?) image

ive just had one of those amazing runs, German countryside, villages, rivers, fields, a castle, scenery like off a picture postcard, horses, cattle, sheep Country lanes. The temp in the 20s just clear and calm. Considering the boozy night I had it was a lovely LSR, 13.1 miles, 1h41m, HR 143 average. My head feels clear, am going to spend the day in and out of the pool. Everyone have a lovely day, I'm back OOK-sides tomorrow.image

btw any photos from yesterdays parkrun with ATM, STW and HS?

• Options

I'm not sure that's the technical definition of lazy kaz. You do so much it's no wonder your body demanding a rest. It sounds like you've got the rest of that island on their toes too!

• Options

Jimbob, ATM stuck a couple on Facebook and the rest are on the parkrun site. Will see if I can link.

Right then long run motivation, time to make an appearance.

• Options

TJB - A miracle will have transpired if I manage to hang out with you during the race!! Before and after certainly and looking forward to it!! image

HS - Yes I am trying to reason with myself  that my body is wanting rest to recover from chest infection and because of anti-biotics!

Anyway its the start of a new week tomorrow and its only 8 weeks until Berlin! And I am in a far better place than I was 8 weeks before Paris when I hadn't ran for 7 weeks!! Lets look at the positives!! image

• Options
    OO54OO54 ✭✭✭

oooh shiney new thread image

• Options
    ATMATM ✭✭✭

parkrun photos http://www.parkrun.org.uk/tollcross/photos/

I made a mess of the uploading so they're in reverse order...image

8 weeks to Berlin! Jings, that came round quick....Good luck to all those in training for another big one.

• Options

Mr.Maus here. Despite distinct lack of running training, body fat has now got down to 6.5%. This new fitness regime is bl**dy marvellous. I am indebted to my err, "personal trainer" and expect to run a 1:10 half marathon next week if this converts through to real world lactate threshold improvements. And anyway, I'll be grinning the whole way anyway.

MMaus would say hello but she is, well, smiling quietly in the corner making funny noises.

• Options

Omph image 29.5 kms done and dusted.  Had an awesome run around London's closed roads. Felt very cheeky but was smiling the whole bit through the centre.  Highlight was running through the hyde park corner underpass.  There were paris memories, bit of insane self alle alle alle, running somewhere no race goes and possibly getting caught and told I'm a very naughty runner image saw the first group come in for the 100 but didn't do a BCRC flash. London is in awesome form today with all the road closures get out if you can. I think I've done enough for today (slow but steady and clocking up kms so am happy).

Eggy - seems tonsils are calming down. Hope it continues. 

Mrs and mr maus what are we going to do with you two. See you next wknd!

• Options
    OrbuttOrbutt ✭✭✭

ATM - 8 weeks from Berlin and my training is currently pondering when it will be safe to try running again. Don't want to go too soon but itching to run. aaaargh