Paris Marathon 2014

Comments

• ATMATM ✭✭✭

Paging Mr. Wohlf! Fancy a meetup after the Half, tomorrrow? Your-chance-to-meet...err..a motley crew.image

• E mmyE mmy ✭✭✭

Mr Wohlf - dont pass up a chance to meet this group! 

• Wohlf - beware of the Caledonian massive.  They have scones and bubbles. It's sodom and gomorah.

• That's a great story Emmy! Sounds like I picked the right marathon image
  • ATM - the forecast for Glasgow is still for wind and rain. Have you not fixed this yet?

• Weather forecast is perfect for the Brussels Mara and HM tmrw. 13-15C, not much wind, no rain, not much sun either. Just wish I felt up for it. But I have soreness everywhere and haven't found the fire yet to have a go. Mmm. Early to bed and let's see what the morning brings.

Good luck to all the other racers tmrw. image  Nice story Emmy. Maybe see you tmrw with your international BCRC top on. I'll be wearing mine.

• ATMATM ✭✭✭

The rain's not due til 12.00, Simon. Just get up on your toes ....It's the only wayimage

• E mmyE mmy ✭✭✭

Tricky - snd me a message of you'll be around. We're meeting at 8.15 for a "hello/good luck" and then at the end but we cant work out where!

• OrbuttOrbutt ✭✭✭

So, Emmy - you running it then?

BTW - much as it makes me feel special that you consider a chat with me to be such an important part of your performance - it was you who put those feet in front of each other. It was you who kept on going and it was you who finished sub 4.

You star. 

• Good luck to the Caledonian Massive descending on Glasgow tomorrow, and anyone else racing.  RR - enjoy your trail.  That's me pasta-ed up and kit packed for the morning, a hilly 20k trail race west of Paris through some forests.  Looks like there are lots of policemen signed up for it, how will they compare to the pompiers ...

Kaz, hope you are on the mend, take it easy.

Emma, agree with RR, some fabulous trail running around Banchory and Ballater.  I originally hail from Inverurie but emigrated a long time ago.

• yer majyer maj ✭✭✭

I am risotto'd up...before long I will be up again to get porridged up.

Happy racing, folks.  If my adductor holds up tomorrow I'll be very happy...image

• SlinkzSlinkz ✭✭✭

Good luck everyone racing tomorrow, I'm in for the RP half.... So if anyone else is in for it feel free to drop a message over. Goodnight and bonjour image 

• DannirrDannirr ✭✭✭

Good luck all for tomorrow.

Question:  I have a marathon in 1 week.  I skipped a planned 10 miler today as my foot was hurting on my last 2 runs.  I could make it up tomorrow, or kust skip it alltogether, which I'm inclined to do.  Advice?

• Andy-W-Andy-W- ✭✭✭
    Good luck and good night to all running tomorrow morning, looks like the weather is going to be just about right here in Chester.
  • Andy-W-Andy-W- ✭✭✭
    Dannirr, just skip it now - you could only make things worse at this stage.
  • E mmyE mmy ✭✭✭

Daniel - skip it or do a maximum 5 miler.

good luck to all those racing today

• E mmyE mmy ✭✭✭

Fecking forum...

... Hope that everyone racing has a good race with no injuries.

TP - I really want to hear about this race... Sounds good!

ive run the dog already and just trying to force some porridge into me before leaving

• Dannir - what they said. You won't get any fitter between now and the race, and in fact it probably wouldn't matter if you didn't do any running at all between now and then.

Porridge time, then the delights of a bus trip to Winchester. Good luck to everyone running today, and all those sofa surfing/resting/recovering.

• yer majyer maj ✭✭✭

I'm porridged up and ready to, erm, rock....

• TrevOTrevO ✭✭✭

Good luck everyone who is running today. Fingers crossed for a few more cracking performances.

• Aww Emmy that photo is exactly what I'd love to have - running buddies!  I run alone, my boyfriend is a weight lifter and hates running and all of my friends have their little running buddy groups so it's just me on my lonesome!  I think the motivation of you lot will definitely get me through and hopefully I can keep improving my times, the injured walk/hobble time of 5.45 at London was an utter embarassment when I'd been training for 4.15 -_-

• Hello everyone

I was going to do Madrid in April but as my husband is working in Paris I think that I will join you all again image

Just tried to register and the official website states that on-line entry is not yet open?? Can anyone enlighten me?

• Sorted!  I'm in too.  Quite impressed with the speed of registration (once I had found the appropriate page) that all my details were there from last year.

My bib number is: 

• OrbuttOrbutt ✭✭✭

Woo hoo - which pen?

• OrbuttOrbutt ✭✭✭

Emma does your BF have a bike? He could always accompany you. Mrs O bikes while I run

• Not yet but he was keen to get one. Having said that I'm quite an antisocial runner so I'd be a total pain to run with anyway haha
  • Finished Cardiff in 1:59:52 - beat my PB by 6 minutes but missed my target time of 1:57:00.

How did you get on yer_maj? Brilliant weather, if anything a little too warm!
  • Perfect day today in London for the Royal Parks Half. My goal was 1:50 and I finished in 1:49:13 which is a PR by a little over 3 minutes.

i really enjoyed the race and the crowd support was better than I expected. Only hiccup was that the 1:50 pacers were about a minute behind pace at the half way point. I expected them to gradually increase speed over the second half, but they chose to wait until the 11.5 mile mark and then increase dramatically. I ran the last mile more than a minute faster than 1:50 pace to beat my target by 47 secs. This was the first time i have ever followed pacers. Was their pacing normal? I had expected them to finish around 1:48-49 and to run a more even pace.

anyway, it was a great day.  I hope everyone else racing had a great day too.

• Ran a 9 tenths effort today, kept my HR to 93% compared to the 96% I managed for the IOM HM. A 1:27:54 for me. Myeh. Not delighted, not unhappy. Just want to get back to feeling like a trained athlete again and not be holding back like this.

Great work to strip 6 mins off your PB Matty and a further 3 mins off yours too is a tremendous result Aaron.

Elizabeth - will be great to see you in Paris again.

Emma - if your boyfriend is too top heavy to stay on a bike and doesn't enjoy your company, why not squeeze yourself into an existing running buddy group?

News yet from Yer_Maj or Running Rodent, or Princess Fiona running her marathon?

• OO54OO54 ✭✭✭

Good running folks some excellent efforts. Chin up Tricky, it's all still there & you'll be back to your best soon enough.