Fat club mon 7th

Just finished my gin
No running tomorrow
How much will i eat as an excuse for doing the GNR ??
By the way, Ive met vrap, and she IS that woman on RW

Comments

• About halfway through my journal review column (deadline 9am).
    Wish I had time for a recovery run tomorrow. Might fit in a swim after work if I can keep my eyes open by then.
    Already eaten about twice as much as I expended during the GNR. Extensively fed on getting to Jesmond. Never got above aerobic zone anyway - crowded or what?
    Good to meet you, Benz. Glad you got home safely.
  • Bloody ell , I woulndnt have stayed awake that long
    Yep vrap, you looked very relaxed
    Weighed myself for a laugh and have mislaid 3 pounds sincse 2 weeks ago
    I expect its dehydration post GNR
  • Morning all... about to read all the GNR reports in Events. Lost a pound, so 11st 6 this morning. Going to check out a new route today and increase my 2 miles 3x a week to a greater distance. Problem is time; if I get up any earlier I may as well not go to bed!
  • Well done everyone that did the GNR. I did the Wimbledon 10 mile yesterday. My first ever race and the first time I've ran 10 miles. Even though it was quite a small race (about 200 people) the motivation you get from running a proper race is incredible. I really really enjoyed it. Managed a fairly respectable 1hr 12mins.

Benz, VRap, are you gonna share your times with us?
  • 2 39.26, by MY watch
    Didnt try as hard as I should have, but the atmosphere was great
    Its lovely having support all the way round and not having to run alone, like in the marathon
  • Brilliant Benz. Was there a massive crowd? No point in trying too hard and not enjoying it.
  • GlennGlenn ✭✭✭
    Congratulations Benz and V-rap. Glad you enjoyed it and did good times.

Gordon, 1hr 12 mins for 10 miles is rather more than fairly respectable, especially for a first race - you can certainly turn in a sub 90 half (next week if you like - join us at Waterbeach!) on that kind of form.
  • How are your legs today, Benz?

Time? 2:20:29 by my watch. Hoping to smash that to pieces at Cheddar next month. Good party atmosphere except that they'd invited too many people.

Splendid time, Gordon. You can be pleased with that one.

Scales registering 4lb increase since last week. Not surprising with tapering and loading and a day of non-stop munching yesterday.

Time to start training for that little hillock in Scotland now.
  • Morning all

I’ve actually put on a pound over the last week – must be a result of over zealous carbing up for the GNR (Time 1:54 by my watch) but my body fat is still steady at the 19% mark

Well done Benz and V-rap on the GNR and to any others that raced this weekend

Will
  • Morning all,
    Well done V-Rap, Benz & Wildwill for the GNR and well done to Glenn for your 10 miler. I did the Southend 10K yesterday (my second ever 10K) and my time was 52.18 which I was pleased about (previous time 54.40 - 3 weeks ago!)... caught the highlights of the GNR at 6pm last night - looked brilliant - I was trying to spot any RW vests! Have been very bad with the eating this weekend.. and haven't ventured onto the scales yet. Left calf muscle feels really tight, so no running today.. might go the gym instead.. Have a good day everyone!
    Michelle x
  • Glenn, I'd love to join you next week but unfortunately I'm busy (any excuse). Aiming to do a few more 10 milers I think before I attempt a half anyway. Probably be looking at doing some half marathons just after Christmas.
  • GlennGlenn ✭✭✭
    Tricked you Gordon, it's the 10k next week, Waterbeach is on the 20th:-)If you can do a 10 mile in that time you will stroll a 1/2.

Being at the slightly cranky end of the running spectrum I too would be interested in a 1/2 just after Christmas, so let me know if you want some company. I won't be able to keep up with you though.
  • Well, I've regained again - right back up to 13st. But but, having said that, I've only been to the gym once this week and I've not eaten as well as I could have - and to be quite honest, I'm not a bit bothered because I start the second chemo on Thursday this week - which if it's like the last one, will knock my appetite out and consequently my diet for at least 7-10 days. Last time I think I lived on crackers and a couple of spoonfuls of soup! So yo-yo here we come... but still at least it's not still falling off at a rate of knots and I still feel relatively healthy :) I can see though I'm going to have quite a bit of hard work to do getting in shape next March.

V-rap -- did I spot your time of first post there as 2am!!! You are a nutter, no really - 9am deadline or not :)

Benz & V-rap & WildWill -- glad the GNR went well :)
  • Well done, Michelle. There must be something good in those chocolate Hobnobs.

Cath, hope your second dose of chemo isn't as shatteringly awful as the first was. If you can't be in shape by next March, no one can.

Nutter? Me? Nah. The only crazy thing I did was thinking I could finish the GNR at 1pm (pretty much did), have eaten lunch by 2pm, and be back in Brum by 7pm with lots of time to do the writing. We rolled in about half-past midnight. Nothing was going to make me put the fee for today's batch of reviews, and my contract for regular contributions, at risk. Can't claim it was the tidiest copy I've ever filed, though!

WW, no wonder I didn't see you. You must have started about half a mile ahead of me. Well done! You'll squash us all in the spring. I think I've semi-committed myself to about 5 "halfs" in the next five months so bound to see you sooner or later.
  • RedheadRedhead ✭✭✭
    Morning all,

Well done to you whizzy lot on such great race times. I watched the GNR trying to spot any forumites but didn't! Gordon, your 10 mile time is brilliant - I did the GSR, which was my first 10 miler, in 1:41:21 and I was pleased with that so your time looks amazing to me.

Glad to see you're coming to Brighton Benz (EP have you officially signed up yet?). Come on Michelle, it's only a quick jaunt along the M25/M23. Can I persuade anyone else to join us? There are quite a few forumites going so it should be good fun, albeit cold/wet/windy.

OK, back to the fat issue. Today I have officially started back on my healthy eating plan and my body is very relieved. For months I've been eating good wholesome foods and limiting my alcohol intake. In the past few weeks (during smear scare) I've bombarded it with all things fattening and copious amounts of wine and whisky - oooh, my poor liver!

As a result of this body abuse and not being allowed to do any strenuous exercise I have gained..........6lbs!!!!!!!! Ho hum, I suppose it could have been worse.

Anyway, day has started well with breakfast of fruit. Lunch will be fresh tomato soup followed by more fruit. Have to be strong tonight as we're off to a birthday bash so have told myself I'm sticking to mineral water all night (mmm, we'll see!).

Good luck to everyone weighing in today - I hope there won't be anyone else with such a huge weight gain.

• Redhead, when is the Brighton run and how long is it? I might be interested as it's only about an hour from home.

Anybody doing the Cabbage Patch run in Twickenham?
  • 17th Nov, weekend of the fiancee's birthday. I'll be taking her away somewhere nice I suspect.
  • GlennGlenn ✭✭✭
    Where could be nicer than Brighton for a romantic weekend away :-) The race will only take up 40 minutes.
  • I'll see what I can do to convince her indoors that Brighton is the place to be in November.
  • Evil, you are evil but I like it.
  • Well guys, I've done it! I've asked the boss to take the services on November 17, so I'm coming to Brighton. How the heck I'll get on I do not know, as the most I've run so far is 3.5 miles! Advice please, and quick! On a practical note, how do I apply, how hilly is the course, is it circular, what do I do with 13 year old daughter during it, how quickly do the RW t-shirts come through, and where are we all meeting?????????????????????? Oh help, why am I doing this...... I've only been running since June 20....... I'm scared!
  • RedheadRedhead ✭✭✭
    Hey Gordon, tell your fiancee there are some really good shops there for her to spend your money!

Sassie, weeeeeeeee, fantastic. You can apply online at www.activeeurope.com and you'll easily get from 3.5 - 6 miles in 6 weeks. I know, 'cos I did it (June 16th Race for Life, July 22nd Jubilee 10k). I just gradually added a bit to my long weekend run, which wasn't actually very long to begin with. Just prior to the 10k the longest I had run for was 50 minutes and I managed the race in 59:50. Don't know how long it will take for a running vest to come through - check out Dog Walker's thread for details.