Sequins at the ready!

Comments

• If there's one thing that annoys me about Strictly, it's situations like this.  Neither of those two deserved to be in dance off.

• JT141JT141 ✭✭✭
    Should have been Rachel. Very pretty, good at counting, but can't dance.

Don't want Dave to go. Okay, don't want partner Karen to go. Lovely Karen. I've not been the same since she tucked into that banana.
  • Absolutely not fair, there's no way Dave should still be in at Deb's expense. He is a likeable clown and a fair cook but he cannot dance!

• i like watching him. i don't really understand anger at the public vote. perhaps they should just make it like Bake-off. no public vote there.

• Haven;t been on for a couple of weeks either.

So without going all the way back, just wanted to say that Ben Cohen had a great Rumba which is usually the dance of death.

So coming back to now.

Well Dave is obviously the worst dancer but I do think he will get votes for a couple of weeks yet.

Obviously Rachel did at the weekend which is a bit of a turnaround.

I think both Patrick (who I thought was really good especially given the challenge he had (which was his fault mind)) and Deborah suffered from the perennial Strictly issue.... they were mid table. So people don't think they need votes. Patrick was the right choice although Deborah did well this week and can feel aggrieved. Although Robin seemed to take it even worse.

Natalie is good but then she was a dancer and only switched to acting because of injuries years ago so not a surprise.  Mind you did you see the assault with an elbon on Artem. Wow that will have hurt!

Abby is a good dancer but just doesn't seem to have a personality on the dance floor.

Susanna is good.

Thought Ashley was really good as well.

Sophie had a bit of a poor week actually which slightly surprised me. Perhaps Cha Cha just isn;t her dance but I was a but surprised by that.

Fiona had a much better week but then Ballroom with Anton is always good ground. Her Latin will mean she won't last too much longer I suspect.

Rachel - The judges had a go at the attitude which I thought was fine. It was the actual dancing that was a bit wooden.

My top runners are:- Natalie, Abby, Susanna. Sophie. Ashley and Patrick

Mid group - Ben, Mark, Fiona

Bottom group: - Rachel, Dave,

I think a lady will win this year unless Ashley can challenge.

• Just catching up with the thread - this lack of bookmarks and followed thread issues means I keep on forgetting image plus been away for a bit

Felt really sorry for Deborah at the weekend - I do like Dave but he and Rachel are clearly the weakest dancers left - in my *cough* "expert" opinion - so to find Deborah and Patrick in the dance off was a crying shame

I feel Dave has had his run and should no go as I always get a bit uncomfortable when a cleary better dancer goes instead although I do appreciate that this is a mix of dance and entertainment...

• Yes but Deborah was probably in the mid-pack. Yes a better dancer than Dave but not a Di-sas-ter.  When you lose somebody really good is when it gets to be an issue. I think he might last a couple of weeks yet and if say the people to go are Rachel and Fiona and maybe Mark then not too big an issue but then you start to get to the real contenders. Usually when you get there people start to vote appropriately.

Going to miss this weekend live and actually not too disappointed. It is halloween week and I always think it ends up being very false. In short the episode each year I can happily pass on  

• I'll probably miss it live too, I'll be at a dog show all day, no idea what time I'll get to come home.

• im starting to feel a bit sorry for rachel. they are being a tad harsh because she looks like she should be a really good dancer and isn't, while overly-praising Mark for the same reason.

• I think the problem with Rachel is she's forgettable

She seems like a genuinely nice lass but I find whenever I'm talking strictly I never remember her.......

And yes Deborah and one or two others will suffer from the dreaded mid to low table position where they are assumed to be safe so folk don't vote......

Will miss the start of the prog as usual this week but usually manage to get home around half way through and have to then make do with the round up flashes of the ones I missed

One thing did make me giggle last week was the way they ignored the Sunday night recorded on Saturday but lets pretend thing re Craig.  He had stated several times he was having surgery on the Sunday morning but they still pretended the sunday prog was happening sunday with Craig sat there less than 12 hours after major surgery...................

• Just come in the door to see Natalie getting 10s......for something so boring and bland I nearly fell asleep

I distinctly remember Darcy saying on ITT she wanted Natalie to let go and feel the dance - well I didn't see that tonight and Darcy gave her 10 all the same............

• i did think it was a bit over the top.

i think the lassie with mark is doing him a bit of a disservice by making him play it for laughs.

so far i have liked ashley, patrick and ben.

• Saw Ashley and liked it (thought it deserved more) but missed patrick and ben unfortunately

Liked Susannah's and quite liked Abby's but can't get over not liking her!!

• JT141JT141 ✭✭✭
    I thought Natalie's dance was fantastic. Time for Dave to go. And Ben has turned me gay.
  • Just caught up. I agree that Natalie was over marked. Dave has stopped being entertaining now, I didn't even know he was trying to do a jive. I quite like Mark for entertainment value, at least he actually dances.  Loved Ashley's tango. Patrick was really good too. 

Who's Rachel? image

Did anyone else get an email invite to a pre-recorded music spot for Strictly. Looks like even the music isn't going to be live one week. image

• Personally I think it's time the public were stopped from voting, wrong dance off imho image

• Tending to agree Andi - travesty. 

• i'm inclined to start voting for Dave, just because I like how much it annoys the judges. very pompous tonight.

That said, I did vote for abby.

i don't think it matters that rachel has gone. she was never going to win.

• If Marx were alive today he would be writing that 'celebrity' not 'religion' is 'the opium of the people'. Who cares about these non-entities? It is a complete waste of BBC tax payers money. Forsyth on a million, newsreaders on 1/4 million +, 90% of advertising spend with the Guardian, Savile cover-up, huge payouts..the BBC is a disgrace and should be sold off at the earliest opportunity. Let the luvvies look elsewhere for work.

• ..so anyway

any truth in the rumour that ola and karen are huffing with each other? the Bidie-In did notice that ola's face was tripping her.

draaahhhmmaaa

or is it just nonsense.

• Didn't notice myself image

Much as I like Dave and enjoyed his "early stuff" it is time for him to go now as he is by far and away the weakest dancer remaining

Still can't decide who should win - Natalie does dance beautifully but has no journey to make and the fact that she has had so much dance experience in the past will surely come back to bite her eventually.......

• POdds, agrred and think people with a previous history of dancing shouldn't be invited on the show. For me the 'group' that seem to improve most are the rugby players and I like to watch the 'journey' - too many high scores from day 1 imho.

• Dave has to go now, it's not fair, he really cannot dance.

Podds, just as an aside, I had hip replacement surgery last year and was out of bed the next morning. There have been so many advances in medicine that nowadays major surgery isn't as debilitating as it was. My op was computer assisted and lasted only 55 mins!

• Strictly Voting Public strike again image  Though at least Dave looked a bit uncomfortable when second dance-off place was announced. I think he knows he's on borrowed time, not that it'll make any difference to either his performance or the voting.

• i think it will make a difference. as with ann widdicombe etc, when the time is right, he will go.

he isn't good, of course, but no good dancer has left the competition

.....yet image

• Good per se maybe not.............but better than Dave?  'Fraid so!

Good point Ironwolf re medical advances - just amused to see them continuing this charade of Sunday night live!

• sure but nobody that was going to win anyway. so rachel survived for one less week. i won't lost any sleep over that. if natalie went out, maybe you have a point.

• I take your point image

Hmm - wish I could warm to Natalie

I watch her dance and can admire the beautiful shapes she makes with her body, particularly in slower dances, but I don't feel the love or the passion in her dance somehow

• I don't feel the love for Natalie either.  Hoping Abbie Clancy says to the end so I can drool over Alijaz.