Sequins at the ready!

Comments

• Totally agree wit hthe Dude on this. No rachel wasn;t the worst but she wasn;t going to make the Semis so no real harm done.  However it is getting tighter now and there is a risk that somebody could go well before their time.

For me the top group is Natalie, Abby, Susanna, Ashley

Next an interesting middle group

Patrick (always been there), Sophie (dropped back from the top group), Ben (moved up from the lower group).

Bottom group

Fiona, Mark, Dave

So long as somebody goes from the bottom three it doesn't really matter if it is not Dave next week. In fairness to him he did look sorry for Rachel. He can't control the voting but he knows he should go soon. totally agree with Bruno as well, there was no Jive in it !

If my bottom three (other views will be out there) are the next three to go, in whatever order then the seven left COULD all win it. Yes some are more likely than others BUT I do think anybody from my top two groups could do it.

Ben is obviously the man on the journey this year.

Ashley has the best male chance but he needs to do some training. Good enough to get through on 10 hours a week at the moment but won't be enough very soon.

Abby was a surprise in dancing terms but I don't think people like her particularly.

Sophie was frankly poor on Saturday and I thought her Jive might be good. Perhaps the Charleston was just her dance but other dances from the first weeks were good as well. Two poor dances in two weeks, if poor this week then perhaps she has plateaued and indeed going the wrong way.

Although I have Fiona in my bottom group, this time i agree with Len and I thought that WAS a Charleston albeit a different style but one that suited her..

Susanna continues to be impressive. She is neither a dancer (Natalie) nor a model (Abby) but is consistently good and could be an older winner (mid forties).

• Just watched on catch-up.

Some really top performances this week. Ashley and Patrick were fantastic (quick-step is my favourite) and, unsurprisingly, susannah and kevin's waltz was lush.

i do still think that Iveta is doing Mark a disservice. Their routine gave him virtually no dancing to do, just to stand and show her off. I think he is better than that.

I enjoyed Dave and Karen, and I voted for them, and I do not care who knows it image

elsewhere, sophie is still labouring a wee bit after her amazing start. Ben was solid.

i thought abby was superb. we like her very much in our house.

Fiona or maybe Mark to go this week I think.

• Ben seemed very undermarked by Craig I thought and I usually pretty much agree with his marking more than the other 3....

Not sure who will go - much as I like Dave I do think it's time to go but I suspect GBP will keep him in and so yes most likely a Fiona v Mark dance off and I'm not sure which way that would go with the judges........would depend on if they focussed solely on this week's dance or the more general ability I suspect

• no Bruce! this is Very Good.

• I think it was the right decision................

• NessieNessie ✭✭✭

Definitely the right decision. 

I really would like to see Sophie "do a Louis" and get some acting lessons - she's got the dancing talent, but needs to get into the spirit.  If you could somehow meld Sophie and Mark, you'd have it all.

Patrick was fab-u-lous - Smoooth with a Capital Smoooooo......

Abby is a great dancer, but I still can't warm to her. Ditto Natalie - but I hope she's ok.

Agree the absence of Bruce was good - I actually didn't fast forward anything this week. image

• Well Patrick was very good this week however even before he started the wife and I thought the Smooth mighr well suit him. So the only caution is that may well be his best dance.

Ashley probably got a wake up. I have said it before and will do so again. He had a lot of natural talent and style BUT we are starting to get to the busines end and he needs to start putting some work in!

Ben - actually it wasn't great but Jive was always likely to be his worst dance so its out of the way.

Susanna - bit of a favourite of mine and was excellent

Abby - still don't really like her but it was a great Charleston. Not as good as Sophie's in my opinion and she got the same marks but they can't give half marks. I said at the tim that Sophie should have got some 10s for that Charleston though and they didn;t do it because it was only week 3. It deserved them but ..

Coming to Sophie, the Charleston was clearly her best dance and she is struggling to get back to something near that form although I thought she had a good dance actually.

So the bottom three

Fiona - reasonable attempt and deserved to avoid the dance off. The correct two were in it.

Mark - not great but he had the dance of death, the Rumba. I don;t get it, he didn't get it either  On top of that I agree with the point above. he was given little choreography and  for that dance you would have made him Bond not the baddie. Well certainly not the bald headed, scarred-eye , Donald Pleasance baddie anyway !  It just didn't work and gave him very little chance. He will definitely be better than that next week but his time is coming.

Dave - well he had to go. Having said that and in opposition to the point above, that dance had the most content in it but most of it was walked rather than danced. Right decision and his time had come.

So I think Mark and Fiona need to be the next out and then I think it is very open. Ben and Sophie at the moment are probably just behind the top five BUT could still go all the way if they can get back on track. .

• Mark has Jive at the weekend. I fear his fate may be sealed.

Fiona has American Smooth so could do Ok with Anton.

Patrick has Samba so will be interesting to see if he can maintain the level of the smooth from last week. I suspect it won;t be as good but if it is then he really is in contention.

A few smooths and a few paso for most of the others. Natalie will be back and has Charleston.

• anyone else thing that natalie shouldn't be allowed to stay in the competition?

it's a dance competition, so people always say.

is there any other kind of competition where you can just skip a round if you aren't feeling well?

• They have has previous excemptions haven't they - Bill Turnball I think when he dished his ankle and I'm sure there have been others but they're only allowed 1 week - would be difficult to change the rules now

My OH pointed out you could fake an illness if you have a "dance of death" to try and cheat elimination................

Not sure about Mark and jive...........he is light on his feet but is that enough allied to his acting?  I think lack of fitness / stamina will possibly find him out more than the technical aspects

• they have. i didn't like it then and i don't like it now.

i think Mark might be good on the jive. tough physically but a quick mover and lots of personality.

• I think it is generally fair. Injuries do happen and it is a tough way to go out plus do you lose two people. If you don;t give a bye, somebody may try to dance on and give themselves more problems.  However one week is and should be the limit.

The problems come:

a) if this happens in say semi final week. So one person gets a bye and the other three have to battle it out, that feels less fair than say the early rounds. Especially if you are not sure if it might be more than one week. So you could eliminate one, then lose another who hasn't recovered. They'd probably reinstate the one voted out but that would feel really strange

b) the person getting the bye is clearly favourite to go out and you lose a good dancer.

Natalie didn't feel like a big issue because at this stage she will and should go through.

So wasn't a problem for me but could have been and we could still get an issue.

Pro dancers can get injuries as well remember althoug if that happens they just substitute another one in.

We'll see on Mark and Jive

• Working this evening but more of a watch things happen type IT implementation so thought I would watch on Iplayer.

Well of course my work server is obviouslynot in the UK, Germany I believe so it thinks I am outside the UK even though I am sat in Sheffield today (actually that is the People's Republic of South Yorkshire so perhaps it wouldn't count anyway image) so I can't watch. thought i would see if anybody was on here doing commentary....

• mikasamikasa ✭✭✭

three 10's for Abby???WTF? It was good but not special. Think 7 was bit low though. 

• well EVERYONE has been good tonight.

I thought Susannah and Kevin produced the dance of the series so far (perhaps a tie with Sophie's charleston) - particularly for a dance I do not like. although very traditional I also thought it was really original for the show.

Patrick, Ashley and Ben all continue to improve and, while Abby was overscored, it was a fantastic quickstep.

I was, however, not massively impressed with Natalie. felt a bit pedestrian and careful and I was shocked that it scored 39.

I enjoyed Mark's jive, for what it was, and couldn't believe how many times Bruce remarked on how fat Mark was!? it was excruciating.

hey ho. the two poorest dancers are clearly Mark and Fiona. hope the voting reflects that. I gave my five votes to Abby, Patrick, Susannah (2) and Sophie.

• Thought it might just be me who didn't think Natalie was up to her usual high standard.  Definitely didn't deserve the same score as Susannah and Kevin.

• I enjoyed tonight and agree Natalie was overscored. I usually agree with Craig's scoring and think the others can be too 'nice'. Overall the scores have been much higher this series and sadly most dancers won't be 'improving' their best scores by more than a point (or 4) even if the dance is much better.

Is Natalie the only one celeb that 'pro' lessons before this? albeit years ago.

I like Mark but think he will go tomorrow and Fiona next week then it's a lottery but will put my money on ......

• maybe I'm biased because I love Hairspray but Mark To Stay

• That was the right result for me.

• me too. I watched the results show on catch up this morning and was delighted that Mark gets to stay another week. I suspect he'll be gone next week though. As for the others, I think it's anyone's game now. 

I'd love to see Patrick win - he is lovely, but I'm not sure he has enough Pzazz to take him through to the end - I hope I'm wrong. I think it'll be a girly win this year myself.

• aside from the fact that most people would rather watch Mark than Fiona, she cocked up the dance-off.

Craig's vote for Fiona proved that he does not vote on the basis of the dance-off itself, but on who he likes best in general.

• Well that was a week.

Susanna - brilliant and deserved the score.

Natalie - Good, not that good though. Still preferred Sophie's Charleston. As i say good but overmarked.

Abby - agree with the comments above. Didn't deserve 10s, 7 was too low though. However good. Thought the giant bucket and spade was an issue. they choose to do some footwork behind that and probably half the audience couldn't see it.

Sophie - pretty good I thought.

Ashley - Yep that was good and although Cowboy was unusual no problem with it.

Patrick - Good again and now definitely in the leading bunch. Although I didn't think it was as good as the judges made out.

Ben - Pretty decent

Fiona - Alright but deserved to be in dance off

Mark - OK. a LOT better than i was expecting. Kicks and flicks weren;t sharp but overall movement was good. However given the competition he still deserved to be in the dance off.

Personally i thought Mark was slightly worse in the dance off and Fiona slightly better but no real issue with the result and i think Fiona was looking to go whereas mark wanted to stay.

I think Mark really is the next out and all the others are very close, almost too close to call.  Having said that Mark has done the Rumba and the Jive so the real killer dances are out of the way. So he might get something that suits him better this week and might therefore be able to survive.

It is getting really interesting now, that also means the pressure will ramp up and some may struggle more with that e.g. Sophie perhaps.

• hands up who gives a flying shit about that engaged couple learning to dance on ITT?

• Well I generally am never home to see ITT.  However I worked freom hoem yesterday so put it on but was actualyl still working and I looked up and saw a piece with Natalie Lowe and two people I didn't and hadn't got a clue what it was all about. So now I know.

In that situation it would either have piqued my interest or I would have just ignored it and carried on with what I was doing. It was the latter so i guess I concur with your sentiment Dude.

• I guess they were trying to find something for Natalie to do - wasn't she the one who got injured before the start of the series so had to be substituted?

• For anyone who's missing Vincent, he's joining 'I'm a Celeb' from tomorrow night!

• i'm not. but i'll let me Bidie-In know.

i am missing flavia, however. any chance of her appearing?

• Yes Natalie was the on  that got injured just before it started so I guess was signed up.

What the hell is the Italian Shetland doing in I'm a celeb? Then again what is anybody doing in it.