Sequins at the ready!

Comments

• Mostly being a bit of a big girl's blouse so far - though it may all be for show!

In the Strictly world, looks like judges are going to get more picky from now on.

• hehe, Brucie is so bad today he's actually funny image

• Not sure I'd go that far Andi image

• So the judges are going to be more picky........except with natalie it seems!!!

• lol Trogs, ok then, on the Brucie scale of funniness he was close to 'his' bestimage

POdds, I like Natalie but think she had quite a bit of dance experience prior to this? and yup, it would appear she is in their favour.

Mark and Ben were the right 2 for the bottom and think Mark deserves to be above Ben.

• I can't help thinking that Natalie has lost some of her original sparkle. 

Or perhaps it's just that the others have improved whereas she's marking time?

• Exactly - and how the judges could think there was more sparkle between Brendan and Sophie than Patrick and Anya I really don't know.............Sophie is so cold........

• Well, I didn't expect that image

• Oh, I don't know, I think the bottom 2 was correct, Mark did probably his best dance and think Ben might have gone because his dance was more about strength than technique?

Mark will most likely go next week though.

I must say, I enjoy the news more these daysimage

• Noooooooooo - another week of Ben would have been very nice image

I felt he'd almost given up though before the dance off - even Tess said to him "don't give your goodbye speech it isn't over yet" or some such thing!

Having said that the bottom 2 probably was correct even if I still think Sophie is getting away with murder.......everyone has to do the character of their dance but when she doesn't she just says "I'm cool I do it my way" and the judges seem to say "oh ok then"!!

• Agree that the bottom two were correct, just surprised by the end result.  To be fair to the jusdges though, Ben did seem to lose his way in the dance off. 

Definitely expect Mark to go next week unless someone else has a major disaster.

• NessieNessie ✭✭✭

Bit of a non-event for me this week.  No-one was outstanding, no one was awful.

Hated the music on Susanna and Natalie's dances, which made me switch off a bit.  I liked Ben's Charleston - not the best technically but it was good to see a "performance" from him.

Right 2 in the dance off, and Ben did mess up, so it would have been wrong for Mark to go.  I thought Mark did better in the dance off - he was probably expecting it to be his last dance so let go a bit.  Good to see that the judges do make decisions based on the dance off and not on overall ability - otherwise there would be no point (other than getting one last look at Ben's muscles - *sigh*)

Mark should go next week, but I suspect Sophie will be in the dance off unless she can put some emotion into her dancing.

• Agree with Nessie,  This week was a bit flat. Nobody really seemed to give a good dance.

Susanna got one that didn't suit her

Natalie, Abby, Patrick and Ashley all danced OK but nothing special.

Natalie doesn't just have dance experience, she was a trained dancer who was about to do it professionally when she got injured and swapped to acting. This is a bit more than ballet lessons at school.

The judges are getting picky but rightly so. We are getting to the business end now and five of these dancers are all very close to each other in ability,

Sophie could be one as well but seems to have gone off the boil slightly. Don't blame her for Saturday though. I don't get the Rumba. never have. it is generally the dance of death. She got through it and nothing more to add. Anybody who hasn't done it yet is now at serious risk when there turn comes.

The bottom two was right. I did think Ben would survive BUT they both danced worse second time in the dance off and Ben lost the plot in the middle of the dance completely. They seemed to be vying with each other to do the worse dance.

On a positive side, I think the judges did what they are supposed to do and judged them on that dance-off. If they had judged them on performance overall so far then Ben would have survived and I suspect Craig did just that.

I didn't agree with Ben that he had survived on borrowed time. I think he deserved to get this far and probably another week but that's how it goes. Dave surely will go next week but somebody else may have a DIsaster darling so you can't be sure.

It's then very tight for me for the remaining six. I think Sophie could be next.

Final three, any of the five. I don;t think Abby is getting votes though and not sure Nathalie is either to be honest which is interesting because having thought that a female will win this year, two of  the guys might make it to the final!

• That'll be an alternative spelling of Mark image

It's probably my fault for skiving swimming (well actually I wasn't well!) that made it a flat week.........usually I miss half of the programme or more and then it's inevitably fun or there's some sort of "scandal"..... image

You should be save next week - I'm planning on swimming definitely!

• Mark of course, I am rubbish at names, I knew who I meantimage

The other thing I have noticed this year is the pro is often more emotional than the celeb!

• Well predicted having watched ITT last night!!

• Why what happened. Saw last 10 minutes only, basically the Craig spot.

• just watched the show and results.

i didn't agree with the decision. even allowing for the mistakes it was a far more entertaining routine, and far more technically difficult. i found Mark's dance a bit simpering, though again I take issue with Iveta's choreography, which does Mark no favours.

• Very emotional pro who had to be furnished with tissues and couldn't speak Brooks!

• well hopefully Mark goes this week and then we enter December with the top 6 and it is still all up for grabs between them in my opinion. Which is also interesting because I think then people start voting for who they really like rather than who they want to save.

However I have noticed this year that the bottom two with the judges have been in the dance off the last three weeks I think. So the early vote to save people you like (rather than those who can dance) phase seems to have passed earlier. It that because people can vote on;ine for free I wonder and therefore more are doing it.

musicals this week, I may try and make a big effort to get home for ITT to see what people are doing tomorrow.

• OK so Mark finally went and it was time.  Amazing effort by him to get this far actually and he wasn't ever going to get much bounce with pretty knackered knees in fairness.

So we are down to the super six and frankly no idea how this is going to pan out.

Abby - I guess it was good but it felt more like a disco dance than a salsa.

Natalie - the wife and I were saying that Len is going to have them for not doing enough in hold and sure enough he did and actually it was fair. If they get to the show dance then they can fo freestyle, this was supposed to be an American Smooth.

Patrick - I though the Charleston was pretty good but wasn't as bowled over at the judges. Best  Charleston this year has been Sophie, I said it before and will say it again, the fact that dance came in week three meant the judges didn't feel able to give it 10s but should have.

Which nrings us to Sophie, the most inconsistent of those left. HEr Charlesto nwas brilliant, on Saturday when they walked out for thwe Vienniese I said this should suit her and it needs to be good. It did and it was. However if she gets a Latin next week then she could be at risk.  This lot are so close that it will probably come down to small margins.

Susanna - second bottom and there were errors, she lost it a couple of times but still a good dance so again shows the standard. We know she can d oti though,

Ashley - well not a great week to get the dance of death i.e. Rumba. Not a dance you would want to have to do in dance off. Then again better this week than next. That would have seen him go. Having said that it wasn't bad for a Rumba, especially a male one.

So competition now very much on and we will have two good dancers in the dance off next week guaranteed. It will be small margins. Not sure how the swingathon will work out. Could be key because the judges votes are pretty much staying the same following the public vote at the moment. OK Susanna got ahead of Ashley on Sunday.

The public vote will also come in now.

Not sure Abby is gettigng votes and Natalie may be considered to have too much back history as a dancer. Susanna clearly is getting votes. We will see what happens

• NessieNessie ✭✭✭

Loved this week's show - so much better than last week! (No, I'm not turning into Brucie).

Yes, it was defintely Mark's time to go, but I was so pleased that he went out on a high.  Ok, there was little bounce (but more so in the dance off) but definitely his best dance, and a lot better than other, better dancers have done in the Samba.

Top 6 left in, and for me it's 3/3.  I think Susanna and Ashley's work committments are beginning to show, and they may start to struggle now that there are additional dances to learn.  Sophie may improve now that she is getting more confident, but it could go either way.   The other 3 are now pulling away a bit technically, but there's not a huge gap.  Bad coreography or a mistake would be all that it would take.

I'm putting my £1.27* on Patrick.

*The cash I have in my purse at the moment........

• I thought this week's show was terrific, and the result was the proper one, Mark's time has run out now and he cannot compete with the others, his showmanship is great but it's time to get technical with the dance steps. All the others were streets ahead on Saturday, the girls in particular, but like Nessie - I still like Patrick.

Ashley and Susannah bottom two next week?

• Game on guys...............game on

Frankly I have no idea who's going to win image

Personality wise (and I never thought I'd say this) Abby is growing on me but Sophie is annoying me beyond belief.............

Ashley and Natalie I'm finding a little on the boring and forgetable side

Susanna and Patrick I like.......

But like I said I know nothing about dancing - even after following Strictly since day 1 - and have no idea who will, or who should, win image

• I actually caught the end of ITT last night, just the Craig bit.

He is in agreement with us (AMAZING) in that he thinks you could throw a blanket over the remaining six they are that close.  He actually feels the judges are irrelevant now and it will come down to the public vote.

Not entirely true as it will make a difference if top or bottom BUT the suspicion is that there might be quite a few dancers on the same score. Could we end up with all six on 36 points (i.e. four nines each)? I think there is actually a serious chance of that! 

Of course this week that won't be a problem because that could happen for their main dance but the 6,5,4,3,2,1 points for the Swingathon would give an order.

I really think it is as close as that. I also think that with just three weeks to go (I assume they will drop one pair this week and then two in the semis to give a final of three) that even those with work commitments will put the extra effort in now. Its just three weeks and any of them can win it.

Who hasn't done a Rumba yet? To get the killer dance at this stage would not be good.

• Those who have done the Rumba are Ashley and Sophie for sure - not sure about Patrick or Abby - and I think Natalie has

Fairly sure Susanna hasn't

• mikasamikasa ✭✭✭

Agree with others and pretty obvious anyway that it was Mark's time to go.

Agree with Brooks that Sophie's Charleston was fabulous and should've had a couple of tens. But that's how the show goes. But also agree with Podd's that Sophie's being bit annoying....I think she could be brilliant but there's something she's lacking which the judges if not audience/public have picked up. It's like she doesn't quite give 100%. I wish she would just bring it!

I think the three at the bottom atm are Sophie, Susanna and Ashley. Susanna's good but I don't think she'll make it all the way.

I quite like Abby but didn't like the dance, like someone else said too much disco which I didn't think went with salsa. I love salsa! (Mark Rampakash's performance was my absolute favourite, proper salsa!).

• On ITT this evening Karen Hardy, Ramps' partner remember, was at pains to point out that, despite the disco flavour, all the elements of Salsa were there.

I like Susanna, but I felt she was overmarked with the 9s. I thought it was a 9 dance if perfectly executed, but with the balls ups was an 8.