Bucchus Half marathon

Last long training run done.

Fancy dress sorted.

Only problem, I haven't trained to run whilst drinking wine!

Comments

• Shouldn't be a problem Catalin, you're allowed to stop to drink the wine image

• Good! Have a feeling this is going to be my personal worst time!

• This one's probably more about having a good time than getting a good time image

• E mmyE mmy ✭✭✭

Hi Catalin,

I'll be there running the full. Sister Bad Habit is due to run the half as well. What's your outfit? I'm trying to decide what to wear at the moment.

•  

Hi Emmy,

A few friends and I are going as pacman ghosts. We've basicall bought pacman ponchos, so we'll be fine if it rains but really sweaty if it's hot! Am hoping to find someone dressed as pacman we can chase!

I did origially accidentally enter the full (it's not my fault,the two wesites looked identical!) But thankfully realised in time to change my entry as my longest run this year as ben 12m so a full might have been out of the question.

Trogs: think you're right, This one is just for fun. I'm doing another two weeks later to go for a time. image

• I'm also signed up for Bacchus.  Is it cheating if I don't wear a silly costume? Looking at the time from the last couple of years, I think I might have a reasonable chance of getting on the podium in what would be a very rare thing for me.  I also think I'll hold off the wine until after the finish, but will make an exception for the bubbles at half way. 

I'm looking forward to the barbecue and hoping we have nicer weather than last week's Thames Meander. 

Good luck everyone.

• I'm in!  Looking forward to this. Sorting out fancy dress and train travel. don't want to drive! image

• annajoannajo ✭✭✭

bring on the wino pacmen! I'm in. 

And yes, hopefully better weather than for the Meander, please! Ally, I take it you did the full marathon? I only did the half so escaped the onslaught but it really wasn't pretty. (Mind you pacman macs will help protect against any repeat monsoons...)

• Weather forecast for this weekend?

Cooler than the last few days, but could be rain....................

• Looks perfect running weather on Sunday. image 16 degrees and sunny

• Well, it sounds better than when I used to run round there. Back then it was called Bradley farm and we had to go from Ashcombe road, up to the top left corner and then negotiate two foot deep tractor ruts filled with muddy water and go through the leavings past the dairy, up the cycle track, under the underpass, over the stepping stones, up Boxhill and down from the lookout point through Swan Mill gardens back to the school. At least the others did, I used to sneak back past my house and grab a glass of water. Put me off running for over thirty years.

• E mmyE mmy ✭✭✭

It's definitely changed Idiot. A really lovely race, scenic trails and well maintained. You should give it another go image

• It was tough but very enjoyable.

A very sociable event imageimage

• Really enjoyed it!

The rain couldn't dampen our spirits (and deciding to wear rain macs as fancy dress turned out to be a good move!) Loved the wine stations, the sweets and biscuits on the way round, the atmosphere and the hog roast after (well the veggie alternative!). They even had a choice of food for us vegetarians. Definitely want to do this one again. Or maybe even try for the full marathon - you get twice as much wine on that one!