Chester Marathon 2013 - Hotel needed!

Holla all,

Ive just sorted out an entry.... Just need to sort out a hotel room now!

If anyone has dropped out and now has a hotel/bnb which they have booked i'll be happy to buy it off them as I have just checked briefly online and not much accomodation left in the centre of town.

I will be getting the train up from London, so only really need a Saturday night.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Comments

• I just checked the Holiday Inn at the racecourse, rooms available from £104. Unless you camp on the start line, you couldnt get any closer.

• Best western Queen hotel is opposite the station and has rooms, although the rates have gone up a bit?  It looks pretty comfy for that per race night of tossing and turning.

• Cheers both - I am thinking of the Travelodge at Ellesmere Port as it seems to be only a 15min train ride away from the main Chester station?

• Simon Whitrod wrote (see)

Ellesmere Port

Haha.....

Not sure there is a direct train from EP to Chester ?  The Wirral line splits at Hooton, with some trains going to Capenhurst and Chester, and others going EP and Helsby

• Daves right no train. Why have the hassle anywAy?

• Ellesmere Port's not convenient. Nor are most travelodges if you're arriving on the train. Look somewhere like expedia, there are loads of independent hotels and B&B's along Hoole Road, they're probably your best bet now

• Premier Inn on city road, the Travelodge on St John St work ok for the train and the marathon 

Ellesmere Port isn't continent for anything ! 

• So you're saying Ellesmere Port is incontinent Dave? 

• Fecking iPad ! 

Then again...........