Bracknell Half Marathon 2014

2»

Comments

• Sorry to hear that runlozrun.

However, should you be up for selling me your race pack then please PM me. I know it's not really the done thing but forgot to enter in time.
  • anybody got a number they don't want?

• runlozrunrunlozrun ✭✭✭

Hi Andy,

How did today go?  I'm on the mend and was going to run it if weather was good but the weather forecast including 6am this morning said heavy showers so didn't risk it and stayed in bed.  So what was the weather like in the end, did I make the right decision? image

Cheers,

Loz

• Hi Loz

Always a difficult call with infections etc mate.  Weather was ok - there was rain before the event and it rained a bit in the first mile or so, but for me it stayed dry pretty much after that.  There were a couple of downpours on my way back to the car afterwards but at the speed you run you'd have been half-way back up the M1 by then!

Are you running the marathon or half this coming Monday?

Cheers,

Andy

• On the race front, another well-organised race.  This is one of the few events that supplies enough toilets so the queues are never that long.  The marshalls were excellent, always encouraging.  I enjoyed my run again in Bracknell.

A very nice medal, tech t-shirt and the always useful drawstring bag - mine get well used.

Thanks to the Organisers image

• runlozrunrunlozrun ✭✭✭

Hi Andy,

Good to hear the weather wasn't as bad as forecast.  I'll have to give it a go next year.

We're away bank holiday otherwise I would have been tempted to run the half.  Shame as we won't be back in time to support you and Tony image 

My next event is Liverpool marathon end of May.  Got up to 18 miles before the chest infection got me but hopefully I can get a couple of decent long runs in between now and then.

I need to book a few events from Sep onwards so maybe we can meet up at one, you got anything booked up from then?

Cheers,

Loz

• Good luck at Liverpool Loz - sorry I won't catch up with you on Monday.

I've booked in for the Bacchus half (wine!!) and I'm looking at Basingstoke, Marlow and hte MK Winter half again, along with the Portsmouth Coastal Marathon.....