Options

My running mojo ran away - I'm about to run after it!!

Long time no post......

I am about to embark on a mission to chase down my running mojo and not let it get away from me again! It kept on going after I finished my half marathon last September and I haven't seen it since!

I LOVED running. I started from nothing and trained up to complete my first half marathon last year. I finished it a very respectable (for me anyway!) 2:10 - but then the buzz wore off, I came down with man-flu, and everything went to pot really. Add a terrible year to the mix (neighbour problems, moving house...) and I've really let it slide.

I have gone from running 4 times a week, around 25 miles in total - to once a week if I really make an effort.

Now the weather's getting cooler I really want to enjoy running like I used to!

Last night I went for my first run in a month - 6 miles straight away probably wasn't the best idea after a break, but although it hurt a bit I did it and actually enjoyed it! My untrained legs are NOT thanking me for it today though.

So I've decided - instead of trying to jump straight back in with the sort of distances I used to (which I think is where I've been going wrong), I'm going to start a bit smaller, and maybe do a couple of 5k runs a week with a longer one on a Sunday and see how I go.

I've moved to a new area so I'm quite excited to explore new routes - and with no pressure feeling I'm not running far enough (so might as well not run at all as I was telling myself before!)

Wish me luck - and does anyone have any idea where I packed the Garmin charger when I moved? image

Comments