The Vitruvian 2014

Comments

• Mrs SAMrs SA ✭✭✭

Thought you are just doing the bike?

• Can anyone confirm if we are staying the saturday might in the campsite or going home after the race

• Mrs SA, Bookie is up for the run now.  Soupy is just organising the relay with OSB.

Seren i'm staying on Friday and Saturday, not sure what the majority of folk are doing, but i'd imagine folk will stay on the Saturday night?

• PapermanPaperman ✭✭✭

Is anyone meeting up for a meal on the Friday night like we did last year?

• im going home afterwards Seren. As for going out the night before, If everyone wants to go out, then I'm happy with that and will come over on the Friday night and just kip in my car. (Really can't be bothered to bring the tent)

• AliBear30AliBear30 ✭✭✭

Hubby and I are stopping on the campsite Friday and Saturday nights, first big outing for the caravan image Up for joining in with a meal on either night.

• we're up for both nights too.

• BookyBooky ✭✭✭

Eek! I volunteered for the run in a fit of pre-Outlaw hysteria - I know almost nothing about this event, so I'll have to do some homework! To save me a teeny bit of effort - where's the campsite? Please and thankyou image 

• after a great Piratey weekend at Outlaw I was thinking about coming along to support at the Vit but sadly it clashes with my 24 hour race.  Pfft.... image

• UB, just follow the road between Oakham and Stamford, and you'll see the turn into Whitwell outdoor centre in the village of (surprise) Whitwell.... the campsite is in the centre, and you cannot miss it!

PS the run is an out and back over the dam, 2 laps, and is very flat.

lets be honest.... its all prep for an Ironman on my 100th birthday
  • Can't wait to get my lungs going at this one. image

• Bookie, don't worry.  It is just a short 13 mile run up the side of a mountainimage hehehe

• BookyBooky ✭✭✭

I like short miles - preferably about 1/10th the norm image 

I've informed Cake that he's on pom-pom duties. I think he's going to offer to marshal - anyone know if there's a Pirate group he can join?

• UB, I think there is going to be a Pirate feed station and LittleClown is organising it .

• Now on my third attempt to post on this thread so apologies if the gremlins release 3 different posts....!

I seem to have agreed to take on the role to organise the feed station after a night on the rum so for all I’m well versed in feed stations I am not as up to speed on who is up for joining the party .... I will also be camping so there is sure to be a party!!! image

So can you lovely supporters out there let me know if you are keen to join the feed station crew - I haven’t go the details yet so will post an update when I know more (Siggy there is a PM winging its way to you!!)

Ta muchly

LC

P.S. List is as per previous page so may not be fully up to date so please correct where necessary

Entered

Alibear30
    Big Foz
    Clarkyrunsinmud
    Colurin/Shiverin Whippet
    Dermot
    Dinky
    Lee The Pea
    M.ofo
    Mrs SA
    Nicko
    OrangeCannon
    PSC
    SaintB ( formerly Richardsdrr)
    Paperman + wife
    Running Postie
    scinsane
    Seren nos
    ShuffleB
    Soup Dragon
    Suffolk Punch

Supporting

JPGoodboy
    Hope
    Garr
    SuckitupButtercup
    SuperCaz
    SA + Jordy
    Tired Legs
    SaintB's Wife and 2 rug rats
    Saffers and Mr Saffers

Doner Kebab - i will be down sometime as its local but also im tied to work so cant commit to help out at a set time

• Sorry I can't be with all you peeps on this!  Good luck, have fun!

Siggy

• LittleClown I'm now supporting instead of racing image
  • what is this "racing" word?  I fully intend to be supporting in a three times mobile way.  Swimming and supporting.... cycling and supporting.... running and supporting.... followed by collapsed at the end trying to stay awake supporting.

Looking forward to it enormously! image

• Afternoon, I'm a newbie to posting but I often read the forums. I'm taking part in the Vitruvian as my first middle distance tri, very nervous about the race but looking forward to it also! can anyone tell me about the Australian exit on the swim, will we have to enter the water (Dive in) from a jetty or is it from a bank?  (Please say bank entry!!!)

Great to see so much support for the event image

• out of the water, around an inflatable and the straight back into the water from the shoreline aka a bloody uncomfy stony area......no jetty, no bank, just the stony shore

• Thanks Buddha image I'm staying Friday and Saturday but in a hotel up the road, couldn't cope with camping too! Looking forward to seeing the pirates!

• fat buddha wrote (see)

out of the water, around an inflatable and the straight back into the water from the shoreline aka a bloody uncomfy stony area......no jetty, no bank, just the stony shore

...and duck shit!  Don't forget the duck poo!  There's lots of it!  image

• This all sounds like great fun, so if you don't hurt your foot on a stone you may slide along on duck poo. Got to love the extra challenges that get thrown into Tri's image I'm looking forwards to it.

• PapermanPaperman ✭✭✭

There's open water swimming in that creek every Sunday morning these days, with all the proper safety checks - it certainly as clean as any I have swum in, and if you've ever seen my swimming lack-of-style you'd know that I do half my bike hydration on the swim stage!

• I had to take my goggles off for the Dambusters this year due to them not being tinted and I couldn't see a damn thing - long story short my eyes were very irritated by swimming there image and the stones were ouchie!

• Anyone seen the latest Inbetweeners 2 movie with the 'Water Park' scene?  Made me think of Rutland Water that's for sure!!  image

• PapermanPaperman ✭✭✭

Buttercup - that swim straight out into the sunrise is certainly hard, and you get to do it twice in the Vitruvian! My sighting's crap at the best of times, but that really didn't help - as you say, tinted goggles are pretty close to a must.

• The local lake is shut due to blue green algae and due to events this weekend and being on holiday I can't see how I'm going to get an OW swim in between now and The Vit. I've been swimming Ow twice a week since early April so should be OK shouldn't I? Please tell me yes; even though I know first time back in is always a bit of a shock. Will there be any chance for a quick 5 mins dip before the start?

• just catching up

Seren - used to be that some piratey people crashed out the Saturday night too.Me and the missus are, no idea who else is.

either huddle around a gas stove / under blanket or ajurn to a pub.....  how do you spell that???