Cardiff Half Marathon 2013

13»

Comments

• All in all a good event. However, just echoing a few other posts - my GPS came out at 13.22 miles. Am a 1hr 20 runner so generally not much weaving needed/start very near the front. Previous big city runs and the watch always comes out at about 13.15 so I do wonder whether the course is totally accurate. Probably clutching at straws - very much wanted to break 1hr 20 mark (which I have now run 3 times!) but got 1:20:18.

• Great day and fantastic atmosphere, my watch measured 13.22 as well. My only gripes - water without sports caps and massive bottles of lucozade that end up thrown all over the road and only sipped out of

• This was the best organized Cardiff Half i have done ( 5th), very pleased to have finally broken 2 hours, did find the sticky roads because of the gels a bit of a pain but will hopefully be back again next year image

• mrandyyu- I ran in 2011 and the course put me right off running Cardiff half ever again! Glad to hear its better

cotton or tech Ts?

• Tech T by brooks. I quite like it!
  • T RexT Rex ✭✭✭

Quality tech T.  Good medal.  Well organised baggage reclaim. Good atmosphere generally.  At least two decent jazz bands along the course.  Enthusiastic PA. Chip times at 10K and 10M.  Interesting course for a mass event. Nice stroll through the castle for orange and white pens.

People clapping midway through the national anthem.  No promised chimes before the start. More signage needed, especially repatriation area.  Missed quite a few of the mile markers - was there one every mile?  Query the need for lucozade (and therefore the mess) in a half marathon.

Please can people NOT do 'sudden lane changes'.  Wait for gaps to open up instead of darting about.

My first Cardiff half - might become a regular feature in my diary, especially if son enters ...

• I agree with the Lucozade comments. No real need for them in a half marathon, and why the need for a full size bottle when most people will probably have a few sips and then throw it away.

I was impressed with the quality of the T-shirt and medal.

• 4th time competing at Cardiff in the last 5 years.

I do like the course they had for 2012 and 2013, better than the older ones.

Can't say I noticed the gel on the road issue or any bottle-necks, but I ran a 1:43 so maybe I got through before it was a problem.

The T-shirt was really nice too. I'll be wearing that when training.

Definitely be doing this next year.