Cycle haters

2»

Comments

• m..eface wrote (see)
    The right to use the road.

A judge can remove your driving licence and you can no longer use the road.

You can still 'use' the road, by cycling or walking!  You just can't drive a motorised vehicle on it!

Darkness wrote (see)

And speed limits cannot be enforced against cyclists, unless they are "cycling furiously", or are in a Royal Park (but that is questionable).

Cyclists can get speeding tickets, it's just that they are not 'endorsable'.  They'd be given the lesser ticket (currently about £30, I think) the same as if they were stopped having cycled through a red light.

As someone who dealt with the consequences (alot) of cyclists pedalling up the inside of lorries, it's always the cyclist who comes off worst and nearly always the lorry driver who gets the blame.  Sometimes rightly, sometimes very wrongly.

And of course HC is quite right!  image

-removes pedant hat- image

• ToroToro ✭✭✭

I live in Southsea (Pompey) and it doesn't bother me (I am not in the worst affected zone) but can understand.  I still feel that the pros outweigh the cons.

You can be drunk in charge of a bicycle but not against your license, just a fine, with no "limit" it is in the opinion of the Poliseorifice 

• Prince Siegfried wrote (see)
    Darkness wrote (see)

And speed limits cannot be enforced against cyclists, unless they are "cycling furiously", or are in a Royal Park (but that is questionable).

Cyclists can get speeding tickets, it's just that they are not 'endorsable'.  They'd be given the lesser ticket (currently about £30, I think) the same as if they were stopped having cycled through a red light.

-removes pedant hat- image

I am reasonably confident that the offence of speeding in the RTA applies only to "motor vehicles" such that cyclists cannot get speeding tickets. 

http://road.cc/content/news/94300-teen-cyclist-fined-riding-37mph-richmond-park