Madrid Marathon

167891012»

Comments

• Mid 20s. That would be lovely.

I'll do a brief race report after Windermere. I have a feeling most of it will be "It was really hilly and wet" and hopefully less of "I ended up sliding along the tarmac and hurt myself" image

Work is being stinky here, so I'm letting myself get easily distracted chatting about much more interesting things...

• Sounds like a good strategy Nothe.

I'm thinking of doing a local 10k two weeks on Sunday. A bit lightweight compared to your race schedule Nothe but I've run it the last two years and it's a race I enjoy. Will see how the legs etc feel next week before entering. Probably going to enter the Burgos Half Marathon mid June and then that'll be it till early autumn. You thinking of entering any races soon Bob?

• Hereford Half Marathon is on May 11th. Might do it.  Thats another thing I lime about Spain all those Bank Holidays.  My birthday 2nd May, yet another connection. And I bought a Tapas cook book in Waterstones today. Going to really step up my Spanish learning again now. Was quite pleased that by Sunday I was starting to get a lot more confident and able to converse fairly well. If only I had done all these things in my twenties. Going to seriously consider my next marathon venue over the next week or so. Do you think Madrid will be the same weekend next year. Will have to check that against the school holiday dates as I expect my wife will want to come. Valencia in November is tempting, very flat apparently. Palma is another possibility, think that is October. I suppose Madrid will depend on whether I get a London place. I noticed that good for age at Boston is 4 hours (or just under) for age 60. Could be a good target for me. Would have to be 2017 though because it falls just before my birthday. Got to start training now for the Ride London 100 in August!

• Happy Birthday for Friday Bob, hope you have a good day, and well done with the Spanish. Have you thought about seeing if there's a Spanish person round your way who wants to practise their English and in return you practise your Spanish with them?

Hereford Half sounds a good, although possibly a bit close to last Sunday? I would imagine it'll be on the same weekend next year, it usually seems to be the last weekend in April. I wouldn't mind a go at Valenica but training for it through the summer here might be a bit of an issue here. Seville in February is another possibility but I imagine I'll stick with Madrid. Boston would indeed be a really good target for you. Sounds like you've got loads to keep you busy what with the Ride London 100 as well.

Think I'm about to lose a toe nail, possibly two. Probably for the best as they're both knackered.

• The Hereford half sound lovely and just down the road.  I am booked into the Market Drayton 10K though on that day, which I may swerve if by some miracle Liverpool are back in the title race and only need a win against Newcastle...in that case it will be a day on the ale and at the match and hopefully some celebrating.

My brother in law is thinking about Windemere, he is a Cumbrian lad and enticed by the hills, he is fresh from the VLM and keen for another crack.  From what I have read it is a superb race, made all the more fantastic by the scenery you run through.

Went for a nice 2 mile run with the dog this evening...bit stiff and sore still, but nice to get going again. Like you Bob, its my daughters 12th birthday on Friday, she has started running too, so I've ordered some kit as a present for her and we'll do the local Parkrun together on Saturday morning...it will be funny as in the last three miles in Madrid I kept saying to myself..."you can do this now, it's only a Parkrun"!

• I love the look of the Valencia marathon too - the finish bit looks amazing.

I'm looking forward to the Windermere mararthon. From the videos I've seen the place looks amazing. I'm also doing it as a bit of a trial run. They do a charity thing called the 10in10 around that course, raising money for the Brathay Trust. I fancy having a go at it but I need to know what level of training I need to do!

It's a time for birthdays! My 3rd daughter's 11th birthday is on Saturday! Happy birthdays all round image