I am looking for 1:1 swimming lessons in north west - any recommendations?

something needs to be done about my swimming. ..I train and train and never get any faster! I need some proper help. anyone had lessons that have helped? If so, where?

Comments

• which bit of the northwest, there are loads of pirates around that will know some swimming teachers if you can be a bit more specific

• wigan, bolton, salford area please!
  • Try Dave Quartermain from Uswim, def does Salford/Manchester area and last year also had some group sessions at aquatics centre. I've had a few sessions with him and will be going back this winter. (Also does open water sessions) image

• great thanks. .will get in touch with him!
  • Christine at Sleeker swim helped me, based in the lakes and an ex-pro knows her stuff and makes nice cake

Also the team at Pennington flash are great to work with as well

Chris

• There is great coached session at Leigh sports village on a Sunday morning, run by Tri Team Wigan.

Also, there are sessions in Skem and Hindley on Thursday evenings and Saturday afternoons, respectively. Details here: www.thetriathlonhub.co.uk 

Let me know if you want any further info. image

• Thanks, I am ok for coached sessions. .I wanted 1:1 but thanks for all the info!
  • I am like plodding lady, looking to improve my swimming. Has anyone have any suggestions for the south cheshire area.

• Any one know of any in or around Oldham for 1:1swimming/improvement?
  • Simo429Simo429 ✭✭✭

Can't help with a coach but I can't recommend a coach enough I have one session per half term and the difference it makes is massive.

• Simon429....can you recommend a coach ? Or have I read your response wrong thanx
  • Simo429Simo429 ✭✭✭

No I can't sorry if i  wasn't helpful, just making a point that I think coaching is worth its weight in gold.

• Cheers Simon429...I'm hunting for a coach now
  • AlGiffAlGiff ✭✭✭

I've been to ASKA swimming in Chester for a couple of 1-1 sessions in their endless pool.  Details here;

http://www.askaswimming.co.uk/stroke-analysis