Back soreness

I've been running for about 2 months, I'm 35,  173cm, 86kg so I'm a bit overweight.  On Monday I run nice and slow for 60 mins straight and rest on Tues. Weds i run a little faster and do 30 mins, then rest Thursday. Friday I do another faster 30 mins & take the  weekend off,

My breathing and heart rate are fine for the distance, my legs are fine, (Hamstrings, Quads, Calves, 3 reps 45 sec per leg) 

The problem now is that after running my lower back is very sore later on that day and even into the next. I know i have a little gut on me lol and I'v'e studied my posture .  

Are there back stretches or exercises to help with my lower back problem i never had any injuries in the past or any problems at all, but as i said since iv'e been doing longer distance this seems to be my only problem and concern.  Be great to hear some suggestions! thanks!

Nate

Comments

• Have a look at core exercises maybe, lots of things on the internet about it. The ache will more than likely be due to fatigue and working the muscles.

I know people offer advice about medical issues but it persists maybe consider going to see someone about, sports massage could be one idea.

• I had something similar. 2 things helped. Firstly, the more I ran, I lost weight. That made things easier.

Stretch wise what worled best for me was having my feet about 3ft apart, keeping my legs straight, and going down to touch the ground as if I was trying to get my head between my legs. Stretched it out nicely! Then when I was in that position, squat down a little bit.

I did (And continue to do that) before and after every run.

• Great advice! I'll def look into the core exercises, and before my next run ill definately try out that back stretch Matty thx for the advice! And yes i knw the more weight that comes off the easier it will become, like others have told me recently, i have to be patient and not push too hard in the beginning or i could easily get hurt especially at my hieght / weeight ratio.

Thx again

Nate