Cycling Overshoes

My bro has asked for a pair of ProVision aerotex overshoes for christmas, does anyone know:

how good they are
where I can get them in London
how much they cost

Thanks!

Comments

• Spans, I dunno anything about them but don't worry about getting them in London necessarily, order online - I would. Try wiggle.com? Or there are various cycling shops with websites.
  • tried wiggle but they didn't have them... does anyone know the website address for ProVision?
  • and... the postage is FREE!
  • do you think that provision aero overshoes are the same as the provision aerotex overshoes?
  • LizzyBLizzyB ✭✭✭
    www.oldhamcyclecentre.co.uk

Fab service everytime. An' really helpful if you phone up - they never laugh at you when you haven't got a clue what you're talking about (OK, they probably laugh afterwards).
  • thanks for your help so far but am still struggling to find them... does therefore anyone have any recommendations of good overshoes?
  • Spans,
    this months MBR had a bit of a write up on pixie booties... I'll see if I can remember to bring it on sunday...

but sorry no recomendations... don't bother with them meself... (in my opinion, they make ya' look kinda stuuupid!!)
  • I just get the cheapy neoprene overshoes. I always seem to wreck mine anyway with the minimal walking you have to do, and I'd rather wreck a £10 pair than a £40 pair.
  • No idea if they've got them but you could try Evans cycle shops (one near Waterloo as I recall) or Pearson's in Sutton - both have websites.
  • been to Evans didn't have the ones I wanted so wanted some advice on alternatives really... not buying any is not an option as it is a christmas present!
  • I know I was being unhelpful there!!! But I will try to bring the mag on sunday!!!
  • thanks mate!! See you on Sunday

• Just checked www.gbcycles.co.uk, nothing there. Will check back issues of Cycling Plus over the weekend if you wish.
  • multi that would be great, have a feeling that most of my weekend will be spent trawling round cycle shops in london...
  • Spans,
    did you show yer bro the mag bits..? Any good...? or too off-roady..?
  • good but still wanted his first choice... but the good news is that I have found some! Condor Cycles in Grays Inn Road have some in so I will go and collect them on Monday... yipee!!
  • indeed... they better not be too expensive now!!!!

• Good luck!
  • grhh Multi re another thread!

travelled into town on Saturday to get them... weren't too bad at £25 although probably at the top end of the scale... they do look good though as they are waterproof and have a special warming layer...

• Sorry about that Spans, but it had to be done!!

Sounds like you've taken quite a liking to them! They were a gift for someone else, weren't they? Just wrap 'em up, leave them under the tree and don't succumb to temptation!
  • no it didn't!!

fortunatly (a) they are far too big for me and (b) I don't have any cycle shoes to go under them!!