Options

forum is a bit dull tonight, whats going on?

Comments

• Options

I read them when they started and thought is it Friday and KK has started, but then realised it was Thursday.

The threads are gone, probably just as well, now people will have to start some more to liven the place up.

• Options

screamapillar ........ I believe the appropriate phrase is someone who stirs excrement ..........

• Options
    RicFRicF ✭✭✭

It has to be said there's an element of adrenaline rush if one's post causes some kind of uproar.

🙂

• Options

well lets be honest Ric ....... theres only so many times you can get excited about 'not getting into London marathon/hm/parks' ......or 'I have a pain in my knee is it ITBS?'

Even if the source of the argument seems to have revolved around a very  first world problem of someones dilemma in moving from a nice place in the country ....... to errrr, an expensive nice place in the country.

• Options

I think you are confusing your threads Mr A - pay attention now! image

• Options
    RicFRicF ✭✭✭

Buying or renting?

The maissonettes down my 'dead end' road are drawing landlords £1200/month.

🙂

• Options

I bought a 2 bedroomed flat at the end of my road for £50,000 last year ric so i think we must be in the same areaimage

• Options
    RicFRicF ✭✭✭

sn, Only if last year was 1992. One went last week for a shade under £300,000.

🙂

• Options
    RicFRicF ✭✭✭

KK, I've read all sorts of stuff you've written and have yet to see anything that would cause me to even raise one eyebrow.

I say (type slowly while still looking at the keys) that, since I assume you haven't resorted to calling someone a f***g c**t. Including the RW moderators.

🙂

• Options

I dunno, in my day 'threads' were things you wore, and were pronounced 'freds'. What's the world coming to? Used to be green fields round here... mumble..

• Options

so the moderators didn't explain why they only removed the precious thread yesterday and no others.......

i think its bad wwhen they remove a thread and don't tell the person the reason why they have removed it........bad form i would complain./

Mr A........did they tell you when they were removing a thread.......i do think it should be compulsory that they give an explanation......

• Options

The only threads I've ever asked to be removed were where people were having conversations about those who weren't round to defend themselves ( or even forumites to my knowledge).

I don't see why anything anyone says to another person on here should be cause for the deletion of a thread, unless someone makes a direct threat, and I've never seen that.

Well, once when that twit Dave or whatever his name was (Popeye's mate) seemed to be challenging me to some sort of duel  - but that was just funny.

• Options

i can understand them not telling on whom might have complained.but i can't understand them not telling ypou why .if you don't know the specific thing that was weong then you might repeat it again and again.......

i will contact the boss to find out as i couldn't see any problem with that thread

• Options

One would wear a Fred in London. Gertcha!

• Options
    RicFRicF ✭✭✭

Yes the spell checker. I miss that.

Most offensive forum I came across connected with running was one called 'eightlane' about two years back. But even there the insults had boundaries.

Its been cleaned up now. Dull.

🙂

• Options

Have you ever seen the comments on the Evening Standard?

It's like an EDL garden party -  with no moderation. You should see the stick Mo Farah was getting on there today just for being Somalian. Almost made me fucking embarrassed to be British, frankly...

• Options

In half of those stories the comments are the most intersting part of the story. Just read an article someone sent me from The Daily Mail. Two Hollywood stars(Kirstin Dunst and Isla Fisher) have been going to the gym at the same time. Half a dozen pictures taken. What is the story exactly? Need some Wilshere-esque comment to liven that one up.

• Options

Someone sent it to you?

If you are on Facebook unfriend them now! imageimage

• Options
    debbodebbo ✭✭✭

I've been reported on here once for 'offensive' comments and I can sort of see why - although the context was an entirely joky conversation between me and another forumite.  RW let me know that the comments were being removed, and that's fine.

I've only once reported someone on here, and that was for overtly racist and offensive comments. 

KK - although I don't much appreciate you posting that you're taking bets on how long my marriage will last, and who in that marriage will be the first to have an affair, I wouldn't report you for it.  I just take it that comments like that are part of your general nastiness to that particular group of piraes that I happen to be part of.  I don't get what the issue is - there are hundreds of pirates, and thousands of RW forumites - you can't expect everyone to want to be friends with everyone else.

• Options

There was a personal reason why the article was of interest to me Screamapilla but it was such a non story in the first place. Otherwise I would never have seen it and been blissfully ignorant. 

• Options

the burning of the threads