Tuesday session 8/10/2002

2»

Comments

• Thanks V-rap - is that what's happening then ? Fascinating. I always assumed that my blood sugar is rock solid because I can go for hours without food, run long runs on an overnight empty stomach and feel fine.

I shall continue.

Got to dash, got my smallest's MMR school booster in 20 mins. Poor little mite's sitting in the playroom telling her Daddy excitedly about the trip she and Mummy are going to have. Need to know basis has always been my strategy with jabs. But maybe I'll put a lolly in my handbag to reward any brave behaviour!
  • What: nothing! Well, I went swimming. And did my press-up, crunch and chin-up sessions. (2x40 reps then 1x20 of presses and sits; and 3x5 reps of "chin to the bar")
    Why: alternating running and upper body until December cos I have to do all-round physical tests then, and then will go back to mainly running for FLM.

Last hard run: Friday
    Last rest day: Running: today - complete rest: Saturday.
  • What: 50 minutes fartlek in gym on treadmill plus 5 minutes warm up and warm down covering 12kms in total.

Why: Key session in build up to Amsterdam half marathon

Last hard run: Sunday 2 hours
    Last rest day: Monday
  • Martin,

For the sort of distances I'm covering, I'd have thought 5 days allows plenty enough recovery.
    Having said that....got stuck in work having to recover a database & got home late. So accompanying Matthew went out of the window (he did 3 laps of the block by himself apparently).
    Got out in the twilight and opted for the 4 x 1 mile session.
    Not brilliant...under 6 minutes each time, but the 1/3 mile jog recoveries were all outside 2:45 - which indicates they were hitting me quite hard.
    Couldn't see my watch properly in the twilight and didn't appreciate the sort of splits (and HRs) I was returning - might have dropped the 4th mile if I'd seen.
    Throat feels a bit rough again - a session too far maybe.....
  • What: 55 minutes, including 25 mins fartlek. Running in Regents Park at Lunchtime, what a relief to not have to go out now!
    Why: Disastorous week last week, this is my last week of trying to fit in training before Dublin taper
    Last rest: Monday
    Last hard: Boozy session in Bolton on Saturday/Sunday
    Loads of runners in Regents Park today, any forumites?