Newbie Runner

1141516171820»

Comments

• Watto how have you been getting on?! Sad to report I've still not got back to the running but next week I definitely will. My running buddy has been injured and might not be healed for 18 months so I'll be going alone, but I need to get going if I want to improve my time for the half in November!

• First run in a long time yesterday, managed 5k with a though walked half a mile in the middle. I think I will try a 2 miler later this week to ease myself back into it.
  • welcome back Nicola, i am sad to report I have fallen off the wagon again - got engaged about 4 weeks ago and completed the purchase of our new house (which is a renovation project) so have spent any free time the last few weeks either celebrating or working on the house.  Been ffretting about the Great North Run which is now only 8 weeks away so been out for a run this morning - 7km done and felt great for getting back to it. 

Need to seriously step the training up in the next couple of weeks and then spend a few weeks getting used to do the longer distances.  Longest I have done to date is 12km.  I have however made peace wth the fact i wont be braking any speed records but am just determined to enjoy the event.  Will be doing a mix of running and walking - think i will try to walk for the hill sections so i can preserve a bit of my energy

Hope all are well in runnerworld land and have been a bit better with the running lark than i have been over teh past few months!xxx

• Thanks Watto and BT!

Watto congratulations! Sounds like a busy and exciting time for you image And it's great that even though you've come off the wagon you still got out and did 7k! After my 5k on Tues my legs were really aching for 2 or 3 days after so I am well and truly out of the habit, but I know I can do it if I just put the runs in. I will try a couple of 2 milers this week and once I'm back up to 5ish miles I'll start on my 3 days running/2 days cross training plan. I'm currently unemployed and job hunting so I've got no excuse not to be getting into it again!