Sky Running UK?

Had a bit of a conflab with Ian Corless on FB as there is going to be a big drive it seems to get more UK runners competing in the Sky running series. Apparantly there is going to be a Skyrunning event in the UK in 2014 (It won't be part of the series but aimed more at getting the name out there to the grass root runners who may be interested in competing in the actual championships abroad)

http://skyrunninguk.com/

Apologies if its all old news but thought it was worth posting just to bring it to peoples attention image

Comments

• Anything to do with Murdoch should be avoided in my opinion... or have I misunderstood?

• don't think much of the website.clicked on the uk races for 2014

no details.just the chance to like it or share it or to leave a comment.....

seems more like amedia thing than supplying any info

• Personally I don't think there's enough altitude in the UK for Skyrunning.  The races here in Europe are usually on mountains in the 3000 metre peak range, meaning a hefty amount of running above 2000 metres.  That's a big part of the challenge IMO.  Anyway, with that said there are some cracking UK mountain races; I did the Welsh 1000 metre peaks about 4 years ago and that was amazing, I'm interested to see how all of this progresses.