Snowdonia Marathon 2014

Comments

• T RexT Rex ✭✭✭

Better reinstate BritNick's grub, unless Stu knows something I don't ...

Y Pantri list, Friday evening        Suggest about 1800?

• T Rex - vegetarian 
    • Chimney - buffet/meal easy
    • Run Juno - buffet/meal easy
    • Mrs RJ
    • BritNick - buffet + chai latte
    • Sir John a Lot - pasta
    • brer rabbit - coffee
    • UDS - chai latte (the best ever!!) and CAKE image
    • Pete Thomas 6
  • T RexT Rex ✭✭✭

SS - do you do corkage?

I'll have a quick look on here in the morning but will be leaving about 1200.  

Will it be post-race drinks and dirty-burgers again?

Hope to meet you all at some point in the weekend, but if not have a great race. First time SNODders - you are in for a treat.

• ChimneyChimney ✭✭✭

Hi all, Boomtown Rats in Sheffield last (Wednesday) night followed by a few sherberts (Resulting in me waking this morning, very late having not put my alarm clock on charge, with Mrs C asking me how much of a headless chicken am I about to become. It was 10 minutes after I usually leave!) and seeing some old friends tonight ( or should that be last night ) means I'm a bit behind. Again. Especially the last few days run in. Though running hasn't really been part of my vocabulary the last couple of weeks. 

Anyway, hope to see you all at some point over the weekend. Will be at Pantri for 6.

As for what to wear, I'll take lots and figure it out on the day. Given the warm up route UDS has got for us, and depending on the weather, I may not need to think about warmth standing around at the start. Unless of course I drive to Llanberis. After all, it's such a long way.........And twice as far on the way back.

I'll be leaving Chesterfield 9ish, taking a quick drive till past the M6 then a slow trundle down through Denbigh etc. late lunch at Pantri, do a bit of shopping, go find the house, then back to Pantri for 6, registering at some point. 

Post race drinks and a dirty burger is de rigueur Mr Rex.

So, my shopping list for our hilltop hideaway: 

Almond milk, chocolate flavour

Tea, coffee, milk, sugar

Crisps (any particular flavours?) & Biscuit selection

Baked Beans

I'll get some house things in case, (toilet roll, washing up etc).

As we were out last night Mrs C didn't do any baking image

If there's anything I need to add, text or email me. 

Really got to go to bed.

looking forward to a nice easy relaxing weekend in Wales. 

If reality matched intention I'd know I was dreaming
  • ChimneyChimney ✭✭✭

Oil for breakfast, bread (brown)

• ChimneyChimney ✭✭✭

Mrs C thought I was leaving this afternoon so left me a long list of jobs to do. Just having elevensies and should be leaving soon, eta in Llanberis mid afternoon..... image

• 2:52

• John Bach
    • Martin Green 15

3:15

• running eye  1st SNOD!

3:29

• #163 Ultra Disco Stu
    • Greg C.

3:45

• Lemmy

3:50

• #1569 The Lazy Greyhound

3:58

• #1230 Fenland Runner
    • #1742 Chimney

3:59

• #1548 Mokshaeight
    • #2847 McHilly
    • InsideForward
    • Ivan Lyons  1st SNOD!

4:05

• David McKibben 

4:10

• #643  eastendrunner  1st SNOD!
    • #1310  T Rex   8th SNOD
    • Gringo WBA   5th SNOD

4:15  

• #688  BritNick
    • Buxton Sprocket
    • massive
    • Proven Robbie W  1st SNOD!
    • Sir John a Lot  1st Marathon!!

4:29

• #223  Lawrence Bromley  1st SNOD!
    • Gloshawk
    • rodger dodger 2

4:49

• #1491  King Kenny  2nd SNOD
    • Katherine Preston  1st SNOD!

4:59

• #162 Rogue
    • Peter John Lewis
    • wrexham rob  3rd SNOD

Others

• #514 mr panad
    • #1447  Run Jono  44th marathon in 2014 
    • #2652 panad
    • Ali D71  1st marathon!!
    • brer rabbit  39th marathon in 2014
    • cougie
    • LoveEndures
    • mouser12
    • MTri
    • Nurse Gladys
    • Pete Thomas 6
    • phill in fitter  4th SNOD
    • super ally

• It would be fantastic if the weather was like this tomorrow fingers crossed the forecasts are wrong!!

• Britnick is a machine Trex he doesn't need food!

Chimney - list sounds great. got the breakfast stuff but as I'm on foot couldn't bring too much. Mainly meat sorry TRex.

Stuck on the M1 between junc15 - 18. Very slow and it's of even midday! Argh. Btw I'm not driving....
  • I'll be setting off as soon after 2pm as I can manage. Journey takes me 2.5 hours. I'll go straight to the cottage and run down from there to get registered and meet everyone in Y Pantri for 6pm. I'll need to get some running in the legs before the race; haven't had a chance to run a step since last Saturday's Round Rotherham trudge. Sir John, I'll give you a call when I arrive so we can link up.

T Rex, I suspect my food might have been removed from the list because the buffet's off the menu. I'll make do with whatever's available. I'm easy - a gut bucket.

This will be my 9th consecutive SNOD. I'm looking forward to the mild, dry, breezy conditions. What's with the talk of rain or bad forecast? I only see dryness from now until well after it's all over. image

I have my thinly cushioned trail shoes at the ready with an eye to a spot of fell racing towards the end. I love those final few miles. It's the only time I get to overtake. image

• Where's the post-race party going to be? Have I missed the notification?

• Just about to jump in car to make long trip up from (west of) London.  Dr Google tells me I'm in for a 6+ hour journey.  A good test of mental stamina for SNOD.

Will be heading straight for registration then grub.  Since I don't know anyone here in person, what's the etiquette ... flower shop around corner from my office sells a variety of different colour carnations.

• Greg CGreg C ✭✭✭

Can't get rid of this cold and cough. I think I better adjust my time expectation to 3:45.

Good luck for tomorrow everyone, enjoy and have a great race image

• It seems very weird being sat at home waiting to go to work and running a marathon tomorrow I ususaly travel like most seem to be but I'm only half an hour away so it'll be leaving home at nine tomorrow hopefully I can get properly focused!!

• #1655 has been acquired, now it feels kinda real. Had tea at Pantri, starting to get busy. Blue skies are nice. Safe journey everyone.
  • ChimneyChimney ✭✭✭
    Close by now. About to head off to supermarket for supplies, then head to house. Whoever gets there first text key location if you're heading into town, think you've all got mine. I've got St's, not anybody else's.

See you all soon.
  • Ooh put me down for hopefully edging under sub4. I did 3.40ish last year but I've kinda forgotten to train... Anything can happen.
  • Do come and say hi if you see the orange coat and fluffy hat pre & post race - would love to meet you guys face-to-face (although to be honest, bowing down before you might be more appropriate given my wimpy running attempts!) image

I promise not to rope you into a TV interview... unless you really want one! image

If I don't see you, hope you all have an injury-free, Snod-PB, great day image

• ChrissiChrissi ✭✭✭

Just popped in to wish you all a massive good luck for tomorrow. 

As SD said really sad not to be there but i know i did the right thing and really hope Mandy who had my place has a fantastic time image won't even be spectating as Mr C has the lurgy image

Can't wait for the race reports

• WaboWabo ✭✭✭

good luck all I'll be thinking of you tomorrow 

possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • Good luck everyone, hills here I come!

• jason djason d ✭✭✭

I seem to be in Llanberis.....

• Registered, had a coffee in Y Pantri, now having a soak in beautiful farm house at Tyddyn Perthi before heading out for spot of tea at 6 ish.
  • Chilling here in Flintshire and considering what time to depart for Llanberis in the morning, looking forward to my 3rd Snowdonia marathon as a runner, having also enjoyed 2 as a spectator.

My spectating hint would be to park by PenYGwryg pay in lay by- walk up to watch all runners at Pen y pass - then after all had passed walk back to car and as pass opens drive to Llanberis park and walk up the last hill to encourage folks as they run to last 'high point ' . Ok not so good if you want to watch a friend finish but great when I watched several friends run 3 year ago.

Then of course full meal in Pete Eats or similar

Happy carb loading folks ~ say hello if you see a tired 50yr old bearded bloke in welsh dragon vest it's probably me ????
  • Have picked up number & driven course. Looking forward to having the time to absorb the scenery tomorrow!

Race well.
  • massivemassive ✭✭✭
    Good luck everyone! Looking forward to running in this beautiful scenery!
  • Good luck everyone!

• Up, showered, porridge. Nervous
  • Very strange feeling this, still sat at home with a double espresso latte watching TV. Normally I'm rushing around thinking of how to get to start lines etc. it's all a bit alien. I hope its a better way of prepping, the nerves haven't really kicked in yet. Weather looks ok, there's a bit of wind but nothing to what the more seasoned Snowdonia stalwarts are used to. Hope everyone has a great run and you get the results you want. 

• jason djason d ✭✭✭

4 pints of carbs consumed with Chimney and UDS last night and a hearty breakfast this morningimage

Time for a bimbleimage

• Great event, near perfect weather, amazing support especially at finish. Excellent coffe in Pantri. It was my first Snod, now planning to do again next year!