Pirate Race Team

Comments

• Oh and in the light of some comment from a few pages back, can I be Bellatrix Lestrange?

• Monique wrote (see)

Oh and in the light of some comment from a few pages back, can I be Bellatrix Lestrange?

• butting in - like emmy h said buff girl was sponsored,  but she got seen at the thunder run getting out her car after a sleep - she was in the solo camp site in the middle, and walking a few hundreed meters round just before the finish line thereby clocking up an extra lap. what an extra lap difference would make to her placing - she aint exactly quick is she. 

thats prob why they dropped her

• I believe that is known in triathlon circles at least, as "doing a firestar" image

• who wasn't a death eater..Monique has the mark as is therefore a death eater

• Seems that all Tri forums are blessed with harmonious agreement except our den of iniquity judging bythis inclusive love in. I nominate Candy as swim coach for the Pirate Race Team - he's certainly got the personality for it.

"doing a firestar" -  there's so much comedy gold there that I just daren't use!

As you were.

• Donee Kebab - I hear your ultra runner was racing again this weekend and ended up with the police being called ? Said she was attacked by runners ?
  • Attacked by a horde of runners, shuffling around looking for brains to eat?  I hope she didn't get bitten, she might become one herself.

Actually on reflection, I don't think they'd be interested in her anyway, for obvious reasons.

• image - shes not my ultra runner, she aint posting on FB at the minute, she went quiet after Thunder run episode. She only really got into team buff because she "won" first female at grimsthorpe 70 miler 2 years ago, and banged on about it so much people actually started to revere her, now, 1st ???? yep, won by default. she runs maras and ultras every fooking week, saturday and sunday if she can find enough close together geographically. I lapped her up at grimsthorpe and i was walking with someone who was in a bad state and our walk was faster than her 'run'. 

shes done a load of shit, accused a sports injury / therapist type person of stuff that wasnt true, she claimed race directors were in cohoots about banning her from races and making the cut offs that bit tighter so she couldnt finish ( that bit might be trueimage )  

so she may have been attacked by runners - it wouldnt be the first time image

• Read the first few pages and then thought life is too short.  What happened in the end?  Are a few pirates still looking to subsidise their racing on the back of the collective and selling it as good times for all or has it been kicked into touch?

• Yellow pirate kit will be used exclusively for the race team.  All others will have new light blue kit (remember the old URWFRC running vests - broadly like that).  That way, everybody's happy. 

• Oh, and the race team will be sponsored by Buff, will wear silly trousers and behave in an hysterical mentally ill manner wherever possible.  Donner Kebab will be their manager.

• E mmyE mmy ✭✭✭
    Doner Kebab wrote (see)

butting in - like emmy h said buff girl was sponsored,  but she got seen at the thunder run getting out her car after a sleep - she was in the solo camp site in the middle, and walking a few hundreed meters round just before the finish line thereby clocking up an extra lap. what an extra lap difference would make to her placing - she aint exactly quick is she. 

thats prob why they dropped her

What annoys me about the whole TR experience is that the RD still didnt report her to UKA or have her down on the events list as DSQ. I heard that at TR she was placed in 3rd so would have won something and it was only when someone saw her getting out of the car and raised that the the RD had to do something about it

cougie wrote (see)
    Donee Kebab - I hear your ultra runner was racing again this weekend and ended up with the police being called ? Said she was attacked by runners ?

You are correct. I was there on Sunday when it happened. I finished the marathon and was getting "worried" as I hadn't lapped her twice yet (which i did in the previous day's marathon). I came up to the finish and saw the police there. From what I heard she accused another runner of smacking her around the head but instead the real story is that she was verbally abusive to this girl and the girl just ran on and ignored her and she had been told to do.

The one theory that i''ve also heard (and cannot say whether it's true or not) is that she was caught trying to cut the course and because she would have been reported to the RD -she made a fuss first.

Doner Kebab wrote (see)

shes done a load of shit, accused a sports injury / therapist type person of stuff that wasnt true, she claimed race directors were in cohoots about banning her from races and making the cut offs that bit tighter so she couldnt finish ( that bit might be trueimage )  

so she may have been attacked by runners - it wouldnt be the first time image

It's not just the accusations against RD's that's gets to me - it's the allegations about fellow competitors and cheating at known courses. Bringing the reputation of a friendly event into disrepute really gets on my goat. The race this weekend is one of the friendliest and most welcoming crowd around and for her to say that there was negativity there? The only negatitivity was coming from her.

• Bizarre. At Snowdon I passed a runner shuffling along at the half way point. It looks a lot like her from the finisher pics - but there is no way she could have got there ahead of me without a head start. She was down for a 7hour finish time. Is that realistic for her for a hilly marathon ?
  • It must be pretty awful being mentally ill.  Not like you can take an aspirin or something, is it?

• candy ollier wrote (see)

Oh, and the race team will be sponsored by Buff, will wear silly trousers and behave in an hysterical mentally ill manner wherever possible.  Donner Kebab will be their manager.

i aint that quick and can only just manage to get up in the morning

Cougie- depends on how hilly - i think her PB mara is 5+ hours. she really is slow, she aint beating anyone that actually runs - even if they run half the mara and walk the other half im pretty sure the other person would beat her

• E mmyE mmy ✭✭✭

Cougie - she was given permission by the RD to start an hour earlier than the rest... but you're right that suspicions have been raised by others regarding her timings at Snowdon.

Her Marathon PB is +5hrs but recently there's been nothing below 6 hours I think.

• 7 hours might be correct then. If she did set off an hour ahead - and I'd caught her about the half way point - then that would be on for about 6 hours - but there were a couple of nasty climbs to go.
  • She sounds mentally unstable. 

• Who knew the world of beards and flapjacks could be such a den of iniquity? image

• All the signs were there !

Ironcat - when you race your duathlons - does everyone change shoes for the bike leg ?
  • and why does he call himself ironcat still - everyone knows that duathlons arent an ironman - or is it a way to let everyone know that he once swam for an hour and a bit then did the bit he actually likedimage

• cougie wrote (see)
    All the signs were there !

Ironcat - when you race your duathlons - does everyone change shoes for the bike leg ?

I'd say the majority change in to bike shoes or have the shoes already on the bike. Some people have another pair of running shoes for each run too. It's easy to lob the shoes away in T1 and a second pair can be set up ready to step in to.

Doner Kebab wrote (see)

and why does he call himself ironcat still - everyone knows that duathlons arent an ironman - or is it a way to let everyone know that he once swam for an hour and a bit then did the bit he actually likedimage

I'll have you know it was a damn sight longer than an hour!

• Ta mr cat. Excellent idea !
  • One thing i learned from the Ballbuster on saturday, when you take you trainers of to get on the bike turn them upside down. It started to rain on the bike and i returned to two small puddles in my trainers. Soggy feet for the next eight miles were a pain.

• Flat Footed wrote (see)

One thing i learned from the Ballbuster on saturday, when you take you trainers of to get on the bike turn them upside down. It started to rain on the bike and i returned to two small puddles in my trainers. Soggy feet for the next eight miles were a pain.

I think on my 'race list' I have a small carrier bag to put run shoes in if its raining.  Maybe if I had tri shoes and not normal heavy running shoes for races then any drainage that's in them and their lighter weight would help in wet conditions. That's a job for next year for me to think about.  Although I'm not expecting it to rain in Nice!

• image Wasn't expecting it to rain in Lanza either Mr F! image

• That's a damn fine point.  And our bags were just hanging up outside in the open air all day as well.  I'd forgotten about that.