Options

P&D Spring Marathon Training Thread

Comments

• Options

Excuse me? Kindly take your nonsense elsewhere please. 

The Running Tortoise wrote (see)
    andrews148 wrote (see)

The support has been great and I will remember some useful tips and great banter, especially taking the piss out of Wenty! image 

Glad to have been of service Andrews - good meeting you in London. see on on the other thread.

Same here Thanks everyone, as i have learnt alot as i did not even know what strides or threshold and LT runs were before this thread started.

Same here - I couldn't have done it without the help I got from everyone here - Thank you 

• Options
    chickstachicksta ✭✭✭

some dickhead just hijacked our fred image

• Options
    Nose NowtNose Nowt ✭✭✭

Maybe if it had been on the "things you'd like to say, but can't" thread!

• Options
    FergFerg ✭✭✭

Unless Wenty has finally lost it, changed his name again and gone all 'Falling Down' on us. Wentyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy, where are you?!

• Options
    DT19DT19 ✭✭✭

hes spammed a number of threads.

• Options
    ShazmoShazmo ✭✭✭

yeah feck of Jon Boy!

Aaaaw guys - it's been emotional! I echo what everyone says about the mutual support and constant humour being a god-send. See you on the other side image

• Options
    Nose NowtNose Nowt ✭✭✭

Another great report Madbee.

It's been a great thread. Thanks to everyone on it.  Might see some of you on the autumn thread.

Now, I'm off for a poo before club night. image

• Options
    MadbeeMadbee ✭✭✭

I know this is all the fond farewells and all that, but I just had a look at the official pics and had to share this one - it really shows what a bloomin fantastic time I was having!

https://www.marathon-photos.com/scripts/photo.py?template=MPX2&event=Sports/CPUK/2014/Edinburgh%20Marathon%20Festival&photo=EMGR2458&bib=10536

Just been reading the kerfuffle about organisation and not publishing times and rankings etc - I really hope this does not stop me having a GFA time??

• Options
    literatinliteratin ✭✭✭

Aw, nice pic Madbee and I'm glad I'm not the only one smiling in my marathon photos! I think you will get your GFA time but I have to say all this fuss is putting me off doing Edinburgh instead of London next year.

• Options
    MadbeeMadbee ✭✭✭

It's a real shame lit, as I loved the course.  Personally, apart from the results issues I didn't mind most of the organisational aspects - the baggage was a bit far from the finish and I got really cold really quickly, but apart from that nothing really affected me directly - however, my friend was one of the much slower runners and didn't get a T shirt, and apparently the baggage and buses were an utter disaster for the half runners.  They seemed to have sorted themselves out by the time the marathon runners finished though.

• Options
    TenjisoTenjiso ✭✭✭
    literatin wrote (see)

No, I think Tenjiso had at least 4 poos last year.

literatin wrote (see)

Here we go, let's relive the best moment of Tenjiso's race report from last year:

Tenjiso wrote (see)

I visited the toilet and had a poo at 5:45am, 6:30am, 7:20am and 7:50am!!! Record breaking bowel movements! I took two imodium at 7:10am after the first two visits. My kit was already laid out and it didn't take long to get ready and lube my nips, pits, thighs, toes and tackle. This paragraph contains too much info I know, but you are past it now.

And for completeness, don't forget this year's....

Tenjiso wrote:

Those who followed my progress for Brighton last year might remember I had four poo's on the race morning (a PPB). Well, this year I had a poo at 6:15, 6:45, 7:30 and finally 8:15! I suppose this is the carb-unloading process. I did give it one more shot just before the race, but failed to make a new PPB. Needless to say I took some immodium to be on the safe side during the race.

I stopped drinking just over an hour before the race so that I wouldn't want to stop for a pee.

Doesn't everybody keep records of pre-marathon bowel movements? image 

• Options
    TenjisoTenjiso ✭✭✭

Great reports Ickle/LFR/Madbee!

LFR - I agree you're being over critical of your performance! I know you'll smash it before too long.

Ickle - check out P&D's other book "Road racing for serious runners" to see 5K to half marathon plans. I think they are also bringing out an updated version, but it's not due until late this year.

Madbee - made me LOL when you said it was all going by too quickly image Your attitude and reports have been brilliant. Hope you'll be about again in December to inspire me to my next target! Great photo's too - happy making!

All good things come to an end and I suppose this thread is wrapping up now image. Good luck to the Autumn P&D'ers. Hope to be following more of the same in December as I train for Brighton 2015.

I seem to be recovering from the vertigo (touchwood) and hope to be making a tentative start with training later this week. I'd like to have a crack at a solid 10k performance in the summer (it's overdue for a PB!).

• Options
    DT19DT19 ✭✭✭

Splendid poo logging Ten. I m borderline jealous that I don't have such records to refer back to with fondness in years to come.

Madbee, nice pics. It is mildly annoying with the stats. I'm sure your gfa will count. Its a major city marathon. 

I seem to have developed a number of niggles now. I have this hazy recollection of gliding through the middle of the schedule without so much as an ache. I'm wondering if its one of those human defence mechanisms like how we all remember glorious long childhood summers. 

• Options
    literatinliteratin ✭✭✭

As far as I recall, I had one (1) poo before VMLM this year.

• Options
    TenjisoTenjiso ✭✭✭

I'm glad to see that people are beginning to take their training "logs" more seriously now image

(I'm here all week image)

• Options
    DT19DT19 ✭✭✭

One poo??!! I have more than that before/during my normal Sunday run!!

• Options
    literatinliteratin ✭✭✭

Well, on a normal day I would have two poos, one before breakfast (and before my pre-breakfast run) and one after breakfast. But on VMLM day I got up early and that unsettled my routine.

I bet you're all glad you know that.

• Options
    MadbeeMadbee ✭✭✭
    Two poos??? Jealous. I'm lucky to have one.
  • Options
    And you two have no problems when you run? I would normally go three or four times and have constant trouble when I run - is it just this simple? Am I just doomed by my usual regularity/lack of meat in my diet?
  • Options
    literatinliteratin ✭✭✭

Never needed a poo while running. A couple of times on long runs (though not recently) I have felt like I wouldn't say no to a wee, but the feeling wore off after a few miles.

Believe it or not I actually eat quite a high-fibre diet too. I guess I am just lucky.

• Options
    15West15West ✭✭✭

we still talking about pooing?!

• Options
    DT19DT19 ✭✭✭

Well we don't have marathon running to talk about, so its only natural we revert to our second topic. 

• Options
    Nose NowtNose Nowt ✭✭✭

Madbee....  it's not just one picture where you're smiling... it's all of them.  Amazing!

• Options
    Nose NowtNose Nowt ✭✭✭

Who was the custodian of the list of targets that we all set ourselves?  It would be good to finish off the thread with a complete list of targets and results.

• Options
    MadbeeMadbee ✭✭✭
    I occasionally have an issue when I go off too fast IM, or if I've eaten something not very sensible like yoghurt or ice cream or curry. It's more likely to be a problem on fast runs than long ones.

NN, I like that idea. Paging Fergster the List Master!
  • Options

All of those things have the same effect for me, I just seem to be starting from a worse base!

tenjiso - cheers for the recommendation, I actually have that book but didn't think about the plans in there, I will have a look tonight.

• Options

Fergster wrote (see)

Unless Wenty has finally lost it, changed his name again and gone all 'Falling Down' on us. Wentyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy, where are you?!

Man down.......Man down...........Arrrrggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh !!!!

Nose Nowt wrote (see)

Who was the custodian of the list of targets that we all set ourselves?  It would be good to finish off the thread with a complete list of targets and results.

Yes and rather than the P&D schedule they were following on the right of each name can we have the number of poos please? Then we can rank in Poo order!

• Options
    FergFerg ✭✭✭
    Nose Nowt wrote (see)

Madbee wrote (see)
    I occasionally have an issue when I go off too fast IM, or if I've eaten something not very sensible like yoghurt or ice cream or curry. It's more likely to be a problem on fast runs than long ones.

NN, I like that idea. Paging Fergster the List Master!

Great minds! I had thought of that before...right I'll trawl back through the gazillion pages and see what I can come up with.

Wenty image

• Options
    DT19DT19 ✭✭✭

I thought ramjet had safely tucked away the list?