Options

IM Lanza and Wales

13»

Comments

• Options

deffo 4 of us that got a Pebble that I know

• Options
    There is 10 weeks between Lanza and Outlaw and then 7 weeks till Wales.

I can do nothing more than try my best - if I'm still chasing after Wales next year I'll look into the less popular American events. Lake Placid has no entries for next year as of yet (same date as Outlaw). But I'd have to get a loan for that journey!

Hopefully in 2015/16 I can have my full stop too ...until I find something else to occupy my time with!
  • Options

SA - bit harsh on yourself there going for the dick comment, I'd say you're an elite, not too sure what you're an elite at...

• Options

if you're talking about dicks, then you're all wrong......image

• Options

IF - I'm doing two out of the three, not Lanza. Which I think is slightly bad planning on my part but having enjoyed outlaw so much I had to do it again, IM Wales looks amazing so I will see you at both...or one.

You know what it takes physically to complete an IM and Wales by all accounts not flatimage. If you can train hard over the coming months I think the extra motivation mentally you already have will push you close to this. I think knowing all the facts ie competition helps in preparation for the race but these are factors you have no control over. Good luck for next year and the year after if that's what it takes.

And agree with mouse over lurking on the sub 10 thread even if it's not specific to your training there will be a lot of priceless info on there.

• Options
    Wales was awesome (bar what I found out at the end).

Yeah - I was gutted when I found out but has made me realise I need train smarter and harder - it's just more of a challenge. With the increasingy popularity and competitiveness of Ironman getting to Kona was never going to be easy. It's the world championships - going to have to race against them. I'm just going to use it as an extra shot of motivation and if it doesn't happen I'm only 22 and got more chances.

Thanks for the good luck wishes! Will see you definitely at Wales but knowing my stubbornness probably both! (Either way I'll be in nottingham on that date!)

I've had a nice little look on that thread already and making notes to then make my own structured plan tonight. Long bike tomorrow image
  • Options

i did outlaw and wales last year but not Lanza...

doing outlaw next year.

good luck for the treble.......image

at least if you are shit and fat you can still make improvements........would hate to be skinny and fail to beat  PB's at any distance for years 

• Options
    I was thinking about this fat/shit debate earlier

Are you really shit if you achieve what you want to achieve and you do it in the way that you want to do it

People here may carry more timber than they should, but no-one is shit!

(Although I have heard Barlos is a shit boyfriend image
  • Options

I would need to cut off 2 hours for Lanza given last years results which I believe is possible. And Wales is the same (I was third in my AG this year). 

I will give Kona qualification a good 2 years crack in my current AG and then may consider the Kona Inspired. My quickest 100mile was 5h47 and I have completed 4 marathons - quickest being 4h30. I aim to get this down to 4hrs after the swim and bike - so aiming for a 3h45 singularly. So yes a lot of work but not unrealistic I don't think

• Options
    Bouncing Barlist wrote (see)

IF, thinking about Outlaw..

What about putting together a crack team to try and win the relay, either mixed or a ladies team? 

No chance Barlos...Me and 'Team TBC' have this nailed already.  Right, team?

• Options

Going back to the Sky comment if it is that monied I can offer 12 months for half price if your a new customer? image

• Options
    Can you get me a sky team bike please ? Ta.
  • Options
    Even I'm working on that one! Have had test ride though
  • Options
    Someone else in the Pirates works for Sky
  • Options
    Was just thinking that too Shmunks image
  • Options
    We haven't let Kay Burley join have we ?

• Options
    Pudge wrote (see)
    Bouncing Barlist wrote (see)

IF, thinking about Outlaw..

What about putting together a crack team to try and win the relay, either mixed or a ladies team? 

No chance Barlos...Me and 'Team TBC' have this nailed already.  Right, team?

Yeah!! (said on behalf of OH whom is doing that there swim for that team)

• Options

I did Lanza and then outlaw last year.  I then did a 24hr bike ride instead of a third IM. In the past ive done 2 IMs  year with 4 weeks between them.... its fine(but then i am pretty fit and dont destroy myself totally on the run.)  I found i am faster /have a better %finnish on the second race.

I had 2-3 days off, then unstructured training for a week.  2 weekends after i was cranking out a long ride again..... have a big week, then taper for 4 days.

;-)

I would be concerned about the third race.  Chances are you will be bored of training by then and you may struggle to get going again after outlaw.  Lanza is an early start to the year.

Tjat being said i am down for Nice, outlaw then challenge barcelona this year. 

I am obviously rich. ( no strike that - i dont have kids which means i have disposable income )

• Options

I would jump off this ship of fools if Kay Burley joined...

Who else is with Sky? Speak up! image

• Options

And if I was going to not do an event it would be outlaw not the last one in Wales - I'll see how the season goes. Thanks image