meralgia paresthetica?

So I've been seeing a physio for around 3 months now, for many issues.  My legs as a result are now stronger, I no longer get shin splints and my ITBS is gone.

However, there was one problem my physio was unable to solve, so before we get to that, she decided that as the pain wasn't getting worse (although not getting better either) to start on a walk/jog rehab programme to get me started again.  I have now had to stop this due to the pain.

So, it's on the outside of my thigh and around the bottom of my bum, sometimes hurts in the knee, although not always.  It can feel like a burning sensation, definately a 'nervy' kind of pain.  Running itself doesn't make it worse, however after I run (by run, I mean walk/jog) it flares up and I have to take days out.  It sometimes wakes me up and stops me from sleeping.  A very uncomfortable feeling!  From what I can find, it sounds like meralgia paresthetica (I'm terrible for self-diagnosing, but must say usually correct!)

I am now being referred to someone else, she mentioned someone who deals with muscoloskelatol problems, and another physio who has access to more things to be able to do tests etc.  However this referral could take 3 MONTHS!!

I'm incredibly frustrated, upset and just down about the whole thing.  Already been out the game for 6 months and the thought of another 3 plus months of not running is killing me!

Anyway not sure what the point of this thread is, other than to rant a little, and maybe see if anyone else has this, and what happened?  Can you still run?  How long did it take to heal?  How was it treated?  Seems to be very uncommon, can only find 1 post on it from 2009!

Comments