Sub 3:30 - Malcolm Barbour - Vote for me - ASICS262

Comments

• I saw on twitter the dalai Lama voted for him, thought he was a Tibetan monk bless him.

• jenfjenf ✭✭✭

Malcs, image a  great fought campaign by everyone, and a worthy winner image

• Huge congrats Malcs - well deserved, look forward to following your journey and picking up tips!

• MalcsMalcs ✭✭✭

Millsy1977, Screamapillar, Toro - thanks, you are too kind!

Minni - damn, I think I missed it. Was I on? It was sunny so I was a glare risk image

ArrowsLou - ha image Good point but it's hard not to become absorbed in this.

No problem, I will share everything that doesn't involve lycra. I saw what happened with Ady on that one last year!

Shady_Ady - speaking of Ady image Thanks, role reversal indeed! So that's me trying to do serious training while you poke fun of me every step of the way? Got it, can't wait! image

DS2 - ah yes, that'll be a tough one image I don't think I should even try and compete.

Emmy - thanks so much! Unlike you I'll only be doing one marathon in the next 4 months! Can't wait for Paris, I've heard you lot banging on about it for the last year I feel I've been there and done it alreadyimage  

Mr P - lol could almost be true! image

anniesophie - thank you! Please join in the fun when it starts!

Jen - any chance you could get to Paris for the 6th? Not sure what I'll do without the amazing support you gave me last April. You were everywhere!

• MalcsMalcs ✭✭✭

Marcus, my fellow bald partner in crime. First off there's no need for apologies. Great to hear that you haven't forgotten the more important things in life. 

Thanks for the kind words. I could say the very same about you too!

You simply have to come to Paris. I promise to keep up with you for as long as I can!image

Stick around these forums. You've found Minni's thread so you know quality when you see it. I expect to see great things happening over the coming months!

Well done for being an amazing sport!

• Congratulations Malcs image

Enjoy the journey and good luck for Paris!
  • Good stuff Malcs - don't be a stranger on the Paris thread. There's going to be a support crew again for the yelling and waving, and we want to yell and wave at you too image.

• Echo all the sentiment and support above. Well done Sir.

Can I join the baldy group with you and marcus, just the junior section. Sorry had to get that in.
  • Well in Malcs! wishing you a fantastic Paris experience and come see us in the pub on the Sunday evening after the race .....

• E mmyE mmy ✭✭✭

Malcs - Agree with Reindeer and Jimbob. Don't be a stranger on the paris thread now you're all famousimage

Reindeer will be taking on full supporting duties and the pub will be a great place to celebrate after the race!

• A huge congratulations malcs, so happy for you and can't wait to follow your journey to Paris, hopefully picking up lots of tips (and laughter) along the way.

i would love to do another marathon, and york again this year to show it whose boss...but I'm banned from doing anymore until I give Chris a child image

• Sarah, you can have one of mine! Going cheap at Christmas image
  • I would give you one of mine but they ain't children any longer.....but still giving me grief

• MalcsMalcs ✭✭✭

Jindalee - many thanks, it's going to be great I'm sure!

RR, TJB, Emmy - very nice of you. I will be popping round to the Paris thread for morning coffee so get the kettle on! image

I would love to meet up with you all on the Sunday, that would be great! Thanks for voting too - I know PC was on chief whip duties image

Sarah - wow, heard it here first! I told you that you should have gone with my suggested Christmas name of When A Child Osborne !image

Reg - ha image you're a founder member of team baldie as far as I'm concerned!

Clive - thanks again, can't thank you enough for the support!

• PC -PC - ✭✭✭

They like a bit of S&M on the Paris thread.

Enjoy your experience. It's different being part of a thread and writing when you want, to being the center of attention and having to write up about your training and everything you eat.  And you'll get groupies asking questions.  This is on top of the training which is going to be intense.  I bet that RRR, Ady and Baconboy enjoyed their experience but we relieved when it was over.

You'll get the VIP treatment which will isolate you from the common people, I would love to shake the hand of King Malcs however RW have their agenda and I doubt they would let you nip off to the pub, you risk being kidnapped.  Perhaps join us in 2015.

• Well done Malcs, have a great time and good luck, hope you get the time you want
  • congrats fella, all the best for the journey to Paris.

Bonne chance!

• MalcsMalcs ✭✭✭

PC - ha ha image 

I am sure you're absolutely right that it'll be different when you have a responsibility like this. I don't underestimate the task ahead. 

You may have a point about the post race side of things, I hadn't thought of that. I doubt I'll be carried aloft through the crowded streets of Paris but there may well be commitments to fulfil. I really hope I get a chance to see you all though.

ironmanken - many thanks, I hope so too!

pdavey33 - thanks Paul, sorry you're not coming too image

• MinniMinni ✭✭✭

Any more news for us Malcs?  When will your thread be set up and your coach announced?

• DS2DS2 ✭✭✭

I see there are three first timers this year! Could be interestingimage

• first timers have the highest chances of injury risk.lets hope that not the case 

• DS2DS2 ✭✭✭

Yes - that's what I was worrying about Seren.

Injury risk is always the biggest problem for RW. It's such a shame for all the followers if their guinea pig doesn't make it through the training - and for the individual, of course!

Bacon Steve was going great guns last year but got a bit too enthusiastic and got a nasty one. Let's hope it doesn't happen again!

• I have decided to forgive you for your spiderman comment Malcs image

Hurry up and get your thread started. Anyone would think you have a job to do image

• he can't set it up.The RW team have to and you know how good they are at setting things up image

• Last year we set our own thread up, unless they're doing things different this year. Guess they'll let Malcs know when ready.

• MalcsMalcs ✭✭✭

Vici - many thanks indeed!

DS2 - I think Steve fell on an icy bridge. He landed badly and damaged his knee. You're right he was flying before that though. Terribly unfortunate for him.

Minni - no further contact as yet. I'm guessing we will find out on Saturday.

SupermanRuns - ha ha image I'm happy to get going straight away. Maybe I'll ask them.

On the new profile pages it links to this thread. Maybe that's just temporary? I think the thread would need a name change at least but probably best to start a new one.

Seren - I set up this thread so I reckon it'll be the same if there's a new one.

A.W - was that before the store day? I think it was because I remember there being posts prior to that.