Sub 3:30 - Malcolm Barbour - Vote for me - ASICS262

Comments

• MalcsMalcs ✭✭✭

So am I ?!!! image

You could re-populate the planet!

• MinniMinni ✭✭✭

Malcs - I've just read this: ''Our ASICS Target 26.2 2014 final five will be carefully chosen from the online voting results and our ASICS Pro team of experts, with our line up being unveiled in mid December''  so that would indicate that its not just the online voting?   Do you know otherwise?

• MalcsMalcs ✭✭✭

Minni - interesting! I'm sure they said on the phone that it was all on the vote.

Also in the email they sent us it says "At the end of the voting period, the runner with the most votes in each category will go on to train for and race the Paris marathon with Runner’s World and ASICS"

Where did you read that?

• Congrats on getting through to the voting stage!

I'm sure you'll do well and I look forward to following your journey, hopefully all the way to the finish line in Paris

• Minni - I reckon they just copy & pasted that bit from last year. Given they are showing the vote count it's going to look really strange if the one with the most votes doesn't get the Paris gig. They'd be under pressure to explain themselves and the voters would just realise their vote didn't really mean much. Mind you, now it's coming down to who makes the most use of social media, which is one reason I would never win it!

Malcs - you have my vote....and I hope you smash the 3.30 target image
  • MalcsMalcs ✭✭✭

Jon - many thanks!

Freemers - reckon you're spot on there. It's quite clear in the email to us.

My social networking usage is pretty small too so I'm up against it. Your vote is most appreciated! 

Minni - thanks, appreciate that you're looking out for me! image

• MinniMinni ✭✭✭

malcs - you've got half the running community stressing about you! lol

• DS2DS2 ✭✭✭

Indeed Minni - but sadly not the non-running community!

I think it's incredible that some people are getting virtually no comments on their threads or indeed hardly any views and still have hundreds of votes. Clearly shows that this voting thing has nothing to do with the running community.

Of course, once those people have voted they'll never look at RW ever again. I doubt they'll ever even read the thread of the winner and those of us that will religiously will feel let down that 'one of us' isn't represented.

Still it can't be as unfair as last year when they dropped the 'Busy lives category' at the last minutes and Sarah and Clive (amongst others) were left in the lurch after all their work. Oddly, both continue to be regular posters!!

I'm sure they were conscious of this when they invited Clive back and I'm sure he would have had a great chance. As his replacement it's only right that Malcs is there!

• MalcsMalcs ✭✭✭

Minni - lol image

DS2 - really appreciate your support. That's the way it is though.

Is a regular poster any more deserving than someone with a big following on Twitter or from a large community of runners outside of these forums? I'd say probably not. 

I don't expect any favours just because I've been here a while.

The only thing I can do is play the game and try and drum up support image

• DS2DS2 ✭✭✭

Malcs - one of the main purposes of this competition is for likeminded runners aiming to run a spring marathon can follow the schedules laid out by Steve/Sam. To me it is that simple!

If it's just a voting competition based on who has most facebook friends then it's not really being voted on by the people it's meant to appeal to.

like you say, you can only do what you can but I think it needs to be broader than that. Just my opinion!

• MalcsMalcs ✭✭✭

Fair point DS2

• DS2DS2 ✭✭✭

The good news is that the gap doesn't appear to be getting any wider. Just need to start chipping away now!image

• Afternoon Malcs!

Who knows I may even be persuaded to de-camp from Twitter and join the Malcs thread!!

You've got my vote. I know you'll be brilliant to follow and keep us all entertained which is why we're here after all!! We're expecting plenty of suicidal cyclists and commando rolls into ditchesimage 

Best of luck!! And when you get through we're expecting you to do AT LEAST one lap at Thunder Run in the aforementioned dress!! 

• ATMATM ✭✭✭

Good luck, Malcs.

• PC -PC - ✭✭✭

Hi RRR, Malcs should have worn the skirt at bootcamp, I think many voters have clicked on the page and voted for Kirsty just because she's better looking than him.  I know I did image

• Malcs Malcs Malcs Malcs, if u get thru, I'll bring a cake to tr24.... Oh wait, i'd already promised to do that! image

• Yep. I reckon it should be in the contract. If Malcs gets through there's a lap at TR24 in a skirt needing to be run. 

I'm not bloody running behind him though.

And there'd better be cake coming to TR24 … I'm expecting you to fuel me through the whole 24 hours Angela!! I've seen pics of your cooking - looks amazing!!

• I almost took a photo of my lunch today RRR, but I couldn't wait to eat it! Salad with salad leaveS, heirloom tomatoes, cucumber, tuna and an egg image.  It was yummy.... Then I had some toasted banana bread after.... Nom nom nom.  I reckon the banana bread would be a good one for TR24- can u recommend what flour I should use so that u can eat it without the RunnyRunRuns?image 

• MalcsMalcs ✭✭✭

RRR - ha ha, I'm afraid those sort of bonkers things only happen to you! image

ATM - great to hear from you! Sorry, I've become a bit detached from the Paris thread . Thanks for the good luck wishes, really appreciate it!

PC - ha! image If I'd worn it at bootcamp I wouldn't have made it to the vote!!!

Angela - image Bring two cakes! Yay! 

• MalcsMalcs ✭✭✭

RRR - there is no chance of me getting ahead of you at TR24. You managed to stay with us for the start this year but then you couldn't stand the slow pace any longer and were off like a rocket.

Just make sure you don't lap me or you might be in for a shock!

• jenfjenf ✭✭✭

I've come to join the fun on here! image If you need granola bars as bribes I can provide, and I may even be persuaded to give up my protein bar recipe to your thread if you get through!!

Good luck Malcs!

• Malcs,

Keep up the good work. Agree with eeveryone else, you NEED to win image

Re the dress at TR24- it can be a warm up before we go to Perth in August

http://www.perthkiltrun.co.uk/.

I'll wear mine too. I draw the line at stilletos though...

• MalcsMalcs ✭✭✭

Clive - ha ha image Oooh - now that does look good! And in August too - very sensible! Temperature should be at least in double figures in Scotland at that time of yearimage

Jen - excellent! I will need every little trick I can get my hands on.

I have the mini rugby Christmas curry tonight so a chance to relax for a few hours before campaigning resumes. That said, it may be a great social networking opportunity! Arghhh, I can't switch off! image

• @Malcs - It is indeed tough to switch off. I popped out earlier to Tesco but when I came home was straight online to see what was happening.

We'll all be turning doolally before Tuesday. Hope it's all going well for you.

Gareth

• also voted for you. good luck! image

• Hi Macls!!! I keep my fingers crossed for you! Best of luck!!!!image

• I'm going to decide who to vote for by asking one question and the person with the best answer gets it.

What's you favourite Star Wars character ??

• Go Malcs Go, Go Malc Go, Go Malcs Go - that is all!

• MalcsMalcs ✭✭✭

I'm back from the curry and back to the campaign bunker image

Gareth - too true my friend! image It's not going at all well for me in the vote. Let's be honest, I am being crucified. But I'm trying my best and it's only the first day so you never know, miracles might happen image 

I see you're doing brilliantly. Got a tough group there so well done so far!

Jindalee - many thanks indeed, I need all the help I can get!

isabelabos - really enjoyed meeting you in Birmingham. Thanks for your support! You seem to be right up there with plenty of time to go. 

EastEndJogger - me old train partner image Thanks so much! That means more than any vote!