Kirsty White sub 3.30 Asics 26.2

Comments

• Shane the Train wrote (see)

Seren nos, I was trying to work out why you think that a ladies marathon time of 3:22 is not an awesome achievement, when you have on your profile that you would like to break 4:30? But then I saw one of your other posts to the guy you are supporting, and I think I get it now... 

Posted: 06/12/2013 at 16:00

shall I use my executive powers and bozo all of your opposition so that they can't post any more..........

What is this all about? image

That was a tongue in cheek remarkimage.I am a spam womble so have the means to remove posts.........but only actually ever follow my remit which is to delete all the spam that hits the forum,,,,,I also offerred to dance and sing around my room singing Hey malcolm to the song hey Mickey dressed as a cheerleaderimage

and I still stand by the fact that 3:22 is not awesome............that does not mean that Sam isn't an awesome coach.....image

• Shane the Train wrote (see)

I don't want to say anything negative about the guys in your competition, because I do think they are all good guys and all deserve a shot, but if I am being honest, one will struggle, one hasn't been motivated to do a marathon yet but would be capable, and the other clearly doesn't need help to achieve his goals, he already has it figured out so wouldn't benefit as much as you.

I have to disagree (if we are both thinking of the same person! image) with the comment that one of the finalists will struggle. All the 5k, 10k and H/M times indicate the possibility of a sub 3;30 for all finalists.

My stats were worst than all this years finalists (previous marathon PB of 3:44, H/M of 1:40, 10k of 44mins and 5k of 21:45), but with the help of Sam and the rest of the Asics team, I came home under 3:30. It took 4 months of solid dedication, but I doubt any of the finalists would have been chosen if they didn't have this.

Great work so far Kirsty. Last couple of days. I look forward to following the progress of whoever wins this group.

• Come on Shane The Train  only fair you label us boys publically image 

• Well I think I know which one I am too !

If I'd been running 18 years without doing a marathon then I'd probably accept that I'd shown lack of motivation to do so, but after 18 months.....hmmmm image

• Ohhh you lot been busy while I've been out boosting the economy shopping! Who is the train very intrigued!?? come on get em labelled or I might be tempted to have a stab myself lol image  

• Thanks Shady_ady think who ever gets this group will make it gr8 to follow (obviously I would be the best at it image)  this group definitely did the most laughing!! very intense week & have to admit will be glad when this bit is over my nerves can't take the intensity & my children are fed up of me hogging the laptop!

not long now wonder if anyone has anything up there sleeves for some last minute top up votes!!

Mr train must be on his track!!

• Come on boys, I never mean't to upset any of you, you're all awesomeimage but according to the awesomeness scale that Seren Nos has, you are definitely not hahaha. I think males probably have to run close to 2:06 hours, and females 2:20 to be near awesome (this years VLM winning times). image

Far too much negativity by your supporters on Kirsty's page, which is so unfair. Her supporters haven't given you guys anywhere near the hard time this chick has got.

Anyway, let's all stay positive and hope the best girl wins.image

• imageOMG I think I have a supporter in here!!! YAY perfect start to Monday image & it's only taken a week, I now live in hope image

• MinniMinni ✭✭✭

Kirsty - I think you have lots of supporters. image  Don't let Shane the Train bring you down with all this negative talk (he is the only one doing it!!!)

FWIW I agree with seren, 3:22 isn't a massively awesome time. It's very good but it's a time a lot of people can achieve with hard work, especially someone working towards 3:30 now.  (Like you Kirsty - 3:30 is just the start). 

But as a coach I really like listening to what Sam has to offer and her MT interview a couple of years ago is one of my favourite yet. 

• MalcsMalcs ✭✭✭
    kirsty white 8 wrote (see)

imageOMG I think I have a supporter in here!!! YAY perfect start to Monday image & it's only taken a week, I now live in hope image

Make that two. And I'm sure you can add Marcus and Tim to the list as well image

• Comptez sur moi aussi Malcs. Quelle concurrence. En descendant vers le fil! Bonne chance bonnes gens de la sous-catégorie 3.30. image

• MalcsMalcs ✭✭✭

Sacre Bleu! He speaky da lingo!

All I know is seize cent soixante quatreimage

• YAY!!!! it's not all bad then imageimageimage

Thanks Minni I'm only joking when I say no body supports me I have lots of lovely running buddies. I want 3.20 by next year I have London GFA so planning to get it there.

I'm a runner I always turn a negative into a positive who ever it comes from! & who ever the train is I saw he/she giving me some back up.

Tim & Malc - never understand men so talking in a different language is just the same lol image

• MalcsMalcs ✭✭✭

Ha ha image

Not sure now whether we continue in French or in English but I'll go for the latterimage

We need to know who the Train is. Will there be some ceremonial unmasking after this process is over, like Kendo Nagasaki?image

Joking aside, and returning to the subject of support, you will get great support on here Kirsty whatever the result. You've shown you have spirit and a great sense of humour and those are traits that are highly valued here.

If you don't understand us blokes then head over to Minni's thread where you'll find some very quick and extremely pleasant runners who do talk your language.

• Lol Malc you chaps are funny I know Minni talks sense checked out her thread. 

I know I'm intrigued, do you get celebrities on here???

Glad you feel I will be able to contribute image

& well done everyone for entering into the spirit of this & getting stuck in it's a credit to us all. Runners are some of the best sorts of people and I'm not one bit surprised at the fight in us all, massive pat on the back everyone image 

• WombleWomble ✭✭✭

Kirsty could you have a word with your 'friend' Mohammed Butt and suggest he reads threads before blundering in and asking people to vote for you? Insensitive does not begin to describe posting his message in BB's kitchen thread.

• MillsyMillsy ✭✭✭
    +1 for Womble's comment.

At the best it's SPAM, at its worst is totally insensitive and disrespectful on the BB's kitchen thread.
  • MinniMinni ✭✭✭

+1

but I'm sure this was not Kirsty's doing.

• WombleWomble ✭✭✭

Yes and I wouldn't want it to affect Kirsty's chances but ffs.

• MinniMinni ✭✭✭

I think seren's powers are needed.

• what it is??? on some one elses stuff ?? definitely nothing to do with me

• MillsyMillsy ✭✭✭
    No, not your fault. Just one of your supporters getting a bit over zealous in drumming up votes on a totally inappropriate thread.
  • Spamming just about every thread. image 
    They have been quite insensitive and upset some people. Maybe you could have a quiet word? Please.

• you need to help me out tho, What do I do??

I would never sabotage some one else's chances only promote my own anyone doing this is no friend of mine!!! but I'm new to all this & not great so not sure what you want me to do. How do I know who it is & what are you all looking at ?? image

• I don't think anyone is trying to sabotage anyone else's chances, just totally inappropriate spamming of threads. image

Mohammed Butt 2

Sorry because so far this thread has been interesting (and I always vote for the ladies as I'm biased).

• imagethanks will sort it.

Sorted won't be happening again!

• E mmyE mmy ✭✭✭
    Womble wrote (see)

Kirsty could you have a word with your 'friend' Mohammed Butt and suggest he reads threads before blundering in and asking people to vote for you? Insensitive does not begin to describe posting his message in BB's kitchen thread.

I was going to mention this but it seems like others have already got there. Your friend has completely put me off voting for you and makes me really annoyed.

• MinniMinni ✭✭✭

Don't let this put you off voting for Kirsty.  We are not responsible for the actions of others and Kirsty has sorted it.

Kirsty - its such a close one!  Thankfully it'll be over in a few hours.  Good luck!

• I've reported the thread and asked for the comments to be deleted.

Mohammed - if you read here, no matter how enthusiastic you are for Kirsty, that was a really twatty thing to do.  It takes seconds to have a quick read of the previous comments in the thread.