Bike Fit

Just gonna try this out.. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A4SbSVAxxxk&feature=youtu.be

I know I could get a bunch of different tips from different folk.. any thoughts on the fit? Angles are listed in the description measured using Kinovea free software.

Looks decent to me, aside from the little wobble on the rollers! I see my knees are moving slightly inwards at the top. I used to have my elbows a little closer, but its way more comfortable at this width.

Comments

• Just a bump for this. Will have a look myself when I am at home with a PC - can't use youtube at work! image

• I tried tweaking it and made it worse.. I angled the saddle down a little to get more weight over the front.. i thought that would be good but its left my neck very sore. Need to put that back. I've also lowered the saddle slightly and flipped the stem to lower the handlebars.

I've always thought a straighter leg was better.. looking at the pros some of them have the saddle quite a bit lower than mine is. With my tight hamstrings lower is probably better.

• Good effort putting that up especially rollers using the tri bars !   You are maybe looking down a bit too much though - I would be too on rollers on tri bars but might give a false impression of the position.

Personally I think you always want the saddle level - more weight on the front is one thing but sliding forwards on the saddle makes it hard to relax the body as you are always pushing yourself back.   

Looking at the video I didn't think you want the saddle any lower than it is - agree some pros (cyclists - don't know about triathletes) do look like their saddles are lower but there you go - yours didn't look too high to me.    To be honest for a longer distance event to my eye it looks OK - if you can go lower at the front and  feel comfy like that for hours on end then maybe go for it.   

Front on I prefer to ride narrow but you've got to be comfy - are your extensions angled together ?   I wondered if you might be better with them shorter too ?

• The saddle is definitely going back level. 20 minutes and my neck was aching.. hate to think what a few hours would do. I agree that in the video my saddle height looks fine, but 5mm lower and the whole pedal stroke felt a lot better.

Front on, I could and probably will bring them a little closer. Staying on the rollers gets a lot harder as your grip narrows! These planet x aero bars are a bit odd. I've taken a grinder to the bar ends to shorten them as much as possible. I'm not going to buy new ones so i'm stuck with these and happy enough with them.

Cheers for the tips.. i'll link a sequel when i'm happy with the little changes i'm making. Who needs retul?? image

• Second round... I don't know if it looks much different really but it is slightly lower at the front. The handlebars are now as low as possible.. I levelled the saddle and brought it back to try and stretch out my back slightly more. Also brought the elbow pads in closer together but didn't get a recording of that. Feels pretty good but i didn't stay on for long. I might test it out with a short TT on the road tomorrow.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PTh8WJ0I4iY&feature=youtu.be

Any suggestions?

• Who needs retul?? image

I'm actually going to get a retul fit.. I could tinker with this for months and still end up with the wrong position.. 

• Looks good to me.   

• It is fine now but I'm sure it could be better and I'm going to get my road bike done as well. I was looking at the testimonials and it's all some of the best bikers and triathletes in the country.. I'm sold.
  • Post retul fit.. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5adrBE1S4HA&feature=youtu.be

I guess it doesn't look all that different, but certainly feels a lot better! The new helmet fits a lot better too.