Beyond #asics262: life after Target 26.2 for sub-3:30 runner Malcolm

1130131132133134136»

Comments

• MalcsMalcs ✭✭✭

Here's the corrections for weeks 6 & 7

WEEK SIX (approx 33M)
    Mon Rest
    Tue 6M of 1M jog, then 3 x 2000m at 10km pace (approx 8:30-8:45) with 400m (or 3-min) jog recoveries, then 1M jog
    Wed 6M easy (approx 9:00 miles in 54 mins)
    Thu 5M with middle 3M at marathon pace (sub 8s – rest 9s) approx 42 mins
    Fri Rest
    Sat 3M easy with strides
    Sun Race or 13M at half-marathon pace

WEEK SEVEN (approx 45M)
    Mon Rest
    Tue 5M of 1M jog, then 16 x 200m at mile/5km pace (approx 45-50 secs) with 200m (or 90 secs) jog recoveries, then 1M jog
    Wed 10M easy (approx 9:00 in 90 mins)
    Thu 7M of 1M jog, then 5M at half-marathon pace (approx 37 mins), then 1M jog
    Fri Rest
    Sat Parkrun or cross-country race or hills or hilly circuit (6M)
    Sun 17M steady (approx 8:30 in 2:24)

• You're a star Malcs, that's made me feel a lot better (red wine in hand). Tim's plan made me feel a bit rubbish! 

• Hi all my foot scenario seems to have eased - similar tendon tugging - after a light week, and with supposedly a short Sunday run this week which I may extend in anticipation of being laid up for a couple of weeks from 31st [suddenly have a surgery date].

Needless to say I was delighted that they came up with a date after Buntingford 10 on the 28th.

Priorities!

Malcs all my worst injuries have come from periods of comparaive fabulosity.

It's so frustrating indeed.
  • MalcsMalcs ✭✭✭

"comparative fabulosity" - nice phrase! Would make a good album or book title image

Good to hear your foot problems are improving. Gosh that surgery date is very close indeed. Hope it all goes well!

lol - yes, priorities indeed image

• Got a VMLM place secured.

Did ParkRun 25:14 not much effort or inclination today somehow.

Managed to find a Christmas jumper running top just in time, & flashing noses, antlers & hats are all ready for Junior PR tomorrow!
  • hurray RR see you there! 

Is it too early to discuss meeting up  before the start? image

• Well done on the VMLM place Reiki. Yes you all have to meet up before the start! It calmed my nerves no end last year.....

Did the King's Lynn park run yesterday. Not sure how I feel about flat courses as you don't get any rest time. Managed 18:55 which I am happy with as wanted under 19 mins. Was going to do the Bolton park run but it was cancelled. I think the same happened to Hans' parkrun too. There was a lot of ice about last weekend! Only 9 runs until I hit 100!

If I don't post on here before Christmas I hope you all have a fab time! I am currently chilling out at my parents which gives me ample opportunity to catch up with my running. Love running along the cliff tops and the beach - occasionally get to glimpse a seal too!
  • Stan - happy Christmas to you too!  I'm currently trying to Christmas work out runs at my parents using mapmyrun. Trying to find a decent 14miles that does not mean heavy roads!

• Anything to get out of the trek to the green start.

Have a fab time everyone who celebrates.

I decided to take today off in the spirit of why not, and have so far done a Speedflex / Cyclebeat sandwich, could leave it there but have a friend coming round who needs a light hill session before Buntingford on Sunday, so will bimble along.

Either that or go check out why my live camera at the Olympic Park is showing zero activity.
  • Sounds nice Stan, I'm just resting up before I start prep! It's a beautiful day for a run image

• Merry Xmas everyone hope you have a good one. 

• Hey! Everyone have a great Christmas? I even managed to go for a run on Christmas Day! Never done that before....

Did the Ribble Valley 10k today. Beautiful countryside with snow covered hills around including Pendle Hill. Great conditions too but think I over fuelled with sugar again as felt a bit queasy. Managed 39:20 so a minute away from a pb but hey it's 3 days after Christmas so if I lose a stone who know what time I could do!

Anyway what has everyone been up to and what targets are we aiming for in the New Year? I'll kick us off

5k - 18:20

10k - sub 38

Half marathon - sub 83

Marathon - sub 3

Only managed one PB last year but did ruin my season by running into a bollard!
  • Oh yes the bollard. You won't be the last.

Nice 10K though Stan.

I did Buntingford 10 today as a progression run, and very happy with how I nailed the pace, even if it meant a poor time [1:31ish]

I don't really have shorter distance targets, could say sub 24 for 5K, sub 47 for 10K [yes I know], as close to those times, but then :

Half : sub 1:50 [PB 1:51:27]

Full : sub 3:50 [PB 3:54:15]

Christmas was interesting. Back to what I call work tomorrow.