Options

Jeff Galloway approach to R/W/R London Marathon 2014 -Help!

Comments

• Options

Lainey - Is there a way of tracking progress, or are you just joking? This shows how naive I am in all this. LOL

• Options
    cealceal ✭✭✭
    Chris

Other people can track your progress using your name and age category. I believe they give splits at 5k, 10k and onwards. The link will be on the London marathon website. Is that what you meant?
  • Options

Thanks so much Ceal and Runningmax for taking the time to post your experiences and helpful advice. It is so useful to hear from others experience. 

I've done a slow 4 miles at 4/1 ratio tonight. I'm sticking with the 4/1. May adjust later in the race, will see how it's progressing. Yes just to finish with a smile will be great. my running photos are usually pretty dreadful! 

I am 23453. Yes we can be tracked on Sunday at 5k etc.

• Options
    ChrissiChrissi ✭✭✭

Not sure when you are all leaving for London so GOOD LUCK and ENJOY look forward to reading all about it next week

x

• Options

Well folks.... only a few more days to go now image Relax, sleep well eat properly but not too much.

* relax

* sleep

* eat

* prepare for the day : pick your clothing for the day, choose the right shoes for the run, take your food and drink for the run (don't try anything new now) and try it on. Everything alright? Put it in sight, your brains will prepare

* look at the route again and try to memorise some points during the route

* visualise th finish and imagine that you are running easily and light, visualise the smiling and the easy finish

* dont forget your BIB number and think about where to attach it during the run

Enjoy!!

• Options

good luck everyone

we are heading off to wales tomorrow image excited but nervous - normal I guess. Going to pack my running stuff first to make sure I don't forget anything

• Options

Good luck MC-enjoy Wales.  I have lists of things I need to take.  Am so hoping I don't forget anything vital!

• Options

In case I don't get chance to pop on again tomorrow.....Good luck to you all.

Look forward to hearing all about it next week. I've shed so many tears this week, bit of panic and self doubt but mostly due to all the lovely messages I've received.

Someone sent me this message which I thought was lovely.........start with your legs and finish with your heart. image

• Options

I have been similar this week littlemissactive - a lot of self doubt, but I am going to start and hopefully my stubbornness will get me through any rough patches. And if I don't make it, well, I will have tried which is the main thing!

• Options

Good luck all.

After all my confidence, I have an absolutely stinking cold, rasping throat and cough. I think my immune system must have taken a dip with all the stress of retiring. I haven't had a cold since before last summer then one decided to break yesterday of all days. My last day at work today and I just cried and then cried again: will miss all the people. I'm not so sure this is a good state to do a marathon in, but will give it a go. Just finishing may now seem good. Grrrr

C x

• Options

Oh Chris, think positive thoughts, keep your fluid levels up and dose up on vit c.  That was my mum's advice.  You'll do fab.  I am sure you'll be ahead of me-I'll look out for you!

Probably my last posting until after the day!  have to say nerves have been in check, and I am feeling calm. Until I weigh in at fatty club tomorrow and realise I have put on a load.  Oh well!image

Good luck everyone, and thank you for all your support.

• Options

Oh Chris, Such a rotten thing to happen with just days to go. Do hope you are a little better tomorrow.

Sleep well all. 

• Options

Chris, what awful timing! Hope you are feeling better by Sunday

• Options
    cealceal ✭✭✭
    Chris

Commiserationsimage what more can anyone say! Except, what a bummer. You don't deserve it.
  • Options

Sending a big hug chris.  I really hope you are ok for tomorrow image  Good luck to everyone else who is running - get round safely x 

• Options

Good luck everyone!!

• Options
    Well I'm here, going to do it, despite no voice and a cough and a splutter. Number 24075. Scared. Lol

• Options

Doing fine all!! Keep running!! I am sitting behind my desk with three running figures on my screen....

*cheer cheer*...

Go girls!! One of you is nearly there image One of you is having a bit of trouble so it seems but.... keep going! Go  go go....

Can't wait to hear your stories after today image

Go GIRLS!!! I also cheer for the other runners that I can't follow image Hope to hear all your stories later!!!!

• Options

well, I did it image image

6:00:55 image

• Options
    cealceal ✭✭✭
    Well done mathschick, I bet it was warm out there!
  • Options

warm,, and a bit of a headwind from about 11 miles onwards

I need to recover properly and get over the whole emotional impact of finally doing a marathon then I can write a race report

Chris and Lainey - hope you have both got on ok

• Options
    cealceal ✭✭✭
    Chris has finished. I don't want to spoil anything, so won't say more!
  • Options
    booktrunkbooktrunk ✭✭✭

Woohoo image well done. 

• Options

brill news, thanks ceal

• Options

just looked up lainey's number and she finished too image

• Options

@ mathschick: well done! How do you feel? Not too tired?

Well done all, I have been following the runners with the numbers and cheered. Congrats!!!!

• Options
    Not long arrived home so this will be short but what can amazing day. I did it, thoroughly enjoyed it, finished strong in 5.05.37.

Will write a proper account of the race over the next few days. I do believe I had the strength at the end due to run/ walk.
  • Options

Well post run insomnia has kicked in, so I have come downstairs in order not to disturb the hubby.  What a day.

Thank you for checking up on me MC, yep I finished, 6.37 official time, my garmin was 6.24-I lost 13 minutes waiting for the loo pre-mile 14image

I will no doubt do a longer run report, but echoing what LMA said (Congrats by the way-fantastic!) at the end I felt ridiculously strong. I started with a 30:30 RW strategy and promised that if I got to post 20 miles and the wheels were coming off, I would walk.  My toughest point was between 14 (totally gutted at losing so much time at the loo and found it hard to get into a rhythm) and 18.  And to be honest it was all mental-just making sure I could keep going.  When I hit mile 23 I decided to run more, and basically ran as much as I could!  I was surprised at how strong I felt, no hitting the wall, no terrible pains, limping or anything.  One point I felt hot and bothered and so popped in a couple of jelly babies and made sure I had a drink next drinks station, and the closest I came to feeling rubbish was post race as I was emotional and then my body said-"oi sit down".  Once I saw my kids and then got to the car I was fine.

So yes my time wasn't what I had hoped, but  think I would keep it and what I felt rather than exchange it for 10-15 mins quicker and feeling awful.  Definitely want to do another marathon again!

• Options

littlemissactive - brill time, well done

Lainey, brilliant for you too. 13 mins waiting for the loo - gosh and to think I was bothered by losing a minute by popping into a portaloo!

I have to say I felt shattered at the end, but in a much better state than a lot of others that were finishing before me

anyway, I'll do a proper report with splits etc later