Options

2014 in 2014???

Comments

• Options

ah, lol and got youimage I was using my miles left to run as the year I got the interesting fact from otherwise it's just boring historyimage

Am guessing lots of people will keep an eye on a motorway pub and just hope there isn't a spike in DD cases.

• Options
    XX1XX1 ✭✭✭

Yeah you got me good and proper image  But the problem with the "miles left" thing is that it probably won't be long before it gets tricky to pick interesting facts out of the air, or even off Google...  Who'd know for sure what really happened on, just for example, July 1st 1007? imageimage

• Options

Evening all! 

Re-calculated and currently on 74k, day 21.

mostly just 20min runs so far, horrid at 6am, enjoyed a nice 9k in the sunshine on Sat. some good distances rolling in here! Keep it up. 

• Options

97.875m close! 

• Options
    mikasamikasa ✭✭✭

21mi / 1252mi

3mile run today

• Options

End of week 3: 1895 to go, in ks.
    Funnily enough on this very day (21st Jan 1895 that is) the National Trust, or its forerunner, was founded.

Less ks this week, slightly, yet it has been a harder week's training with some muddy off road work: nevertheless I think I am on track for the 2014, and indeed for continuing to run on a daily basis. Too early to call it a streak!

21 days and 119k completed.

Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Options

I did 2013K in 2013 so going for 2014K in 2014 as I was happy that last years mileage got me out regularly and improved my times at all distances without going over the top.

Actually had a very high mileage start to the year as I'm training for VLM (2nd marathon but other one was in 2010). After Day 21 I'm on 154k - so well ahead at the moment but it'll definitely calm down post marathon.

• Options

I blame this on P&D but now at 163.1km around 102 miles image I think I might get up to 200 km this month if so that would be a tenth if the way there already image

• Options

111k so far

loaded with a head cold so taking it a bit easier this week, great mileage guys.

• Options

Anyone else getting fed up wearing a head torch yet? image 

• Options

Nope but I need new batteries image

179.3 km 

• Options
    mikasamikasa ✭✭✭

5 miles done today, up to 26miles ~ 42km

• Options

Only worn it once this year! am a wuss and been on the treadmillimage

jinty, hope the cold clears soonest!

booktrunk, good going! I started off slowly in 2013 and already into my May 2013 mileage image

Welcome legend and good luck for VLM. I have a half and 2 marathons this year so need to bank some miles as I'll have plenty of tapering and recover time to consider too.

Good going alehouse and never to early to call it a streakimage

Keep it up mikasa image

Booktrunk, well over the 100km's now then?

NiceIronDad, you'd be surprised how those short runs add up to big numbers image

XX1, yup, the 'news' might get limited as we all progress but plenty of time to think of an alternativeimage 

lol, just as you thought XX1, nothing much happened today in 1820 but earlier in the month the Royal Astronomical Society founded in England.

• Options
    emzapemzap ✭✭✭

Morning all

Well since I was struck down with this cold, I've only managed 2 more runs.  Still coughing whenever I stop running, which is a bit annoying (does this mean the solution is to not stop running...?).  There's also snow here now, so that's putting me off going outside.

Think I'm up to about 82 km though.  Not sure exactly as I haven't uploaded my runs from the last 2 weeks yet.

There's some great progress going on here, hoping to get back on track soon.

Will post my actual mileage (kilomerage?) later once I've uploaded everything image

• Options
    mikasamikasa ✭✭✭

I know my mileage is nothing compared to you guys but this January I've already run 10 miles more than in any other January and I've not finished yet! image

• Options

Mikasa brilliant work on upping your milage.

Emzap I know how you feel, im still loaded up with the cold and also feel a bit bitter whilst Im running.

Total so far 118k

• Options

Weekly check in, 46 miles for the week (162 for the year)

1852 miles to go!

History - erm, nothing... (But is anyone hoping they get down to zero on the 25 December....?)

• Options
    emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Ok kms updated and so after a 20 km today (17 on the dreadmill due to snow) I'm up to 108 km. Sadly no fact.

Cbw - that'd be great!

Jinty - hope you're feeling better
  • Options

202km 1812 to go

ohhh, nice bit of Tchaikovsky I hear in the background. 

• Options
    XX1XX1 ✭✭✭

End of week 4...  148.69 km completed...  1865.31 km to go...  There are some great distances being posted here...  I'm starting to find it a bit relentless already...

I couldn't come up with any interesting facts for this day in 1865...  But it's always quite in January; that post-Christmas lull...  I'm sure things will pick up in February...

• Options

Evening all !

Training plans slightly disrupted by yet another power cut last night, so the threat of no shower before going out this morning meant an evening run, but dry and lovely (head torch....)

So day 26/365, 99.7Km. Worst day was definitely d24 - felt truly grot and would have skipped were it not for the 365.

Is Spring coming? 

• Options

Well done peeps image

A mixed week for me and my 'streak' ended after 34 days image

End of week four (or 26/365) and a cutback week of 41.4 miles sees my total at 200.20 miles and (still) 1814 miles to go but ahead of target image

• Options

Just seen this thread and its grabbed my interest 2014km is now my target for this year .....need to up the mileage though as only ran 80km this month so far still doable though image. As for the rest of you already doing it keep going some cracking efforts so far!

• Options
    mikasamikasa ✭✭✭

Another 3.1 miles done, total 46.8km.

Missed weekend's long run.

• Options
    mikasamikasa ✭✭✭

1 mile (1.65km) as a gym warm up, still counts doesn't it?

Total 48.45km

• Options

Mikasa, all miles/kilometres count in my book image 

An easy 6 miles today on the back of my first ever sub 60 minute 10k on Monday image

1799 miles to go! 

Nottoday but on Jan 9th 1799 British Prime Minister William Pitt introduces income tax to raise funds for the war against Napoleon.

• Options

Ran 214.9km in total (not just tonight. That was another 13km) 

So  1799.1 to goimage possibly the most i've done in a month 

• Options
    XX1XX1 ✭✭✭

Craig -- welcome to the party...  This thread has already motivated me to beat my previous highest monthly total and there's still a couple of days to go...

Mikasa -- warm up in the gym, running to catch a bus, getting chased by wolves...  Yep, they all count image

• Options

1792.4 to go. 

• Options
    booktrunk wrote (see)

1792.4 to go. 

Ditto!

Well 1792.27 to goimage